Old 05-01-2010, 03:16 AM   #1  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Default Holy Fluctuation, Batman!

I am so frustrated! i weighed in this morning at 200, and I just weighed myself... and both scales read 206.6!!! WTH???? I had a great dinner, a 7oz sirloin, half a baked potato (with about half a tbs of butter and sour cream) with broccoli. For lunch I had a sandwich (chicken on ciabatta, not the healthiest, but nonetheless). I didn't wake up early enough to have breakfast.

So seriously... what gives? I didn't have a lot of sodium today. I don't feel bloated. Anyone else experience this much of a jump in weight in a day? I'm scared to get on the scale tomorrow (usually my weight at night to the next morning is -2 lbs, meaning that tomorrow I'll weigh 204.6 most likely). I worked so hard to get to 200 to get to 199 and then, and i feel like my efforts are futile.
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 03:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 263/171.0/132

Height: 5'6

You do realize the food you eat has weight right? So does the water you drink...

It is NOT a good idea to weigh yourself multiple times in one DAY because there's lots of fluctuations. You do realize 16 oz. of water is equivalent to one pound...
Jess7286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I assume you are used to multiple weigh-ins a day and you noticed that today was higher than usual. There are lots of possible reasons. You named a few but there are plenty others... could water weight from working out or hormones or higher carbs (even if same cals). Could be just the food you've eaten (high fiber bulkiness) or the ebb and flow of undigested food (which can total up to 20 lbs! that's why fasts seem effective).

It's frustrating and it sucks but you know it's not real weight. You just have to ignore it and stick with the program and sooner or later you'll have one of those days where the weight falls off when you did nothing special. Just keep at it!!!

Last edited by yoyoma; 05-01-2010 at 04:17 PM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:16 PM   #4  
banned

I weigh myself two times a day, once in the morning, and once at night.

I weighed myself this morning with a 3lb gain. Food doesn't weigh that much. I didn't eat six lbs of food and water.

It apparently is real weight because now I'm up 3 lbs.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:36 AM   #5  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

The same thing happened to me the other day. I had 2 or 3 days of going over my calories by a few hundred, but I still ate within my "maintenance" calories. But all of a sudden I was up about 4 pounds, and it's stuck for the last two days. I don't have any answers, but I can commiserate! It's miserable.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:52 AM   #6  
banned

the problem is that i have thyroid disease so i have to closely monitor my weight. Any fluctuations like this could mean something is wrong. I'll see tomorrow how much I weigh but this is just so frustrating. i would understand if i binged all day but i didn't!
Old 05-02-2010, 04:02 AM   #7  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

i think its really hard, and not really worth the effort, to try and decide what has caused this gain. I know for myself, I can have a terrible eating day one day, have a decent loss the next day, and only see the effects of the sodium etc the day after that! I guess it takes a while to consume enough water to retain xD So I wouldnt stress about it enourmously. If you see a steady ongoing increase in weight over a week or 2, then maybe you want to be concerned Its really hard not knowing the cause, I know. But it'll drive you even crazier if you get too hung up on each fluctuation- which it might simply be
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:50 AM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: 222/136/?

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowergirl68 View Post
I weigh myself two times a day, once in the morning, and once at night.

I weighed myself this morning with a 3lb gain. Food doesn't weigh that much. I didn't eat six lbs of food and water.

It apparently is real weight because now I'm up 3 lbs.
It's not real weight unless you consumed more than 10,000 caloires. 3,500 calories equals 1 pound.
benchmarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 02:43 PM   #9  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I hope everything went ok this morning!
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:14 AM   #10  
banned

I'm back down to 201 but I guess I'm so frustrated because I finally "get it" when it comes to weightloss... and i'm finally not so preoccupied with food. I'm actually rather apathetic towards it. so when I made healthy choices and it showed up negatively on my scale.... i was just so angry. I was so ready to break 200 and bam! not for a few more days. Ugh.