Old 04-19-2010, 01:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/147/130

Height: 5'4

Default Wake up in the mornin' feeling like...JOGGING.

So, I eat well
but it's the workouts that I'm not good at
working and going to college
I'm always tired and find that there's hardly any time for it.

I lift dumbells
do situps/crunches
pushups
it's the cardio I suck at so

I've been begging my brother and my sister to jog with me at 5 AM in the morning, my brother said no. My sister laughed, followed by a No also.

Sitting in the car during red lights, seeing joggers go by so fast with mp3 players plugged into their ears also made me feel like some fat a** I felt like I wanted to be them! their bodies so lean and awesome and they're just running, literally running towards their goal somewhere.
I've always been self-concious but always wanted to be one of those joggers. I'm tired of hiding indoors. I want to go out in the fresh air and run and not be afraid. Get a good work out. Lose weight.

So I decided I wanted to do it, screw it if people look at me and think "look at that fat girl running" ...because I'll be off in a flash, and I'll have the music blasting, who gives a crap what they think. Atleast I'm doing something about it, right? I've changed my mentally on the whole thing now.

After asking my bro and sis I felt upset, I wanted to run with someone, not alone. I heard having a work out buddy is good but nobody wants to do it with me.

My mom told me it's ok, I can just do it myself. Music in my ears, going fast. I can't depend on other people. She's right .I'm doing this for myself. So, I decided tomorrow early morning, I'm going to go jog in my neighborhood before the break of dawn. I'm nervous but excited and really hope I can shed these pounds! because it's taking forever and I'm not getting anywhere sitting on my butt, thinking about what I will do but never doing it.

Do any of you jog alone? early in the morning? I want to do it before the sun comes up so that no one is in the way, it's just me and peacefulness.

P.S-- I have a treadmill in my room but it's eating up the electricity bill! and it's not very fun running towards a blank wall either.
P.P.S-- would it be weird to wear sunglasses whilst jogging when the suns not even out?

Last edited by beautifulmess; 04-19-2010 at 02:05 PM.
beautifulmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

I've been doing a lot of jogging for about the past month or so. I get up in the morning and just go. I like to go with the sunrise... it's getting earlier and earlier now with the summer approaching. But it's GORGEOUS because the first part of the route I'm on has been taking me east, right to the shore of the gorgeous lake with that sun coming up over it. It's really peaceful.

I started with the C25k program but don't really like timing myself on the intervals, so I just switched to doing a straight through 2 mile route, and tomorrow morning I'm planning on switching up my route to 2.5 miles, as I've noticed that my speed has increased tremendously.

I thought about asking someone to join me. But then I always double think that. I kind of like that alone time in the morning, and I can decide my own pace, whether I want to go fast or slower, or do sprints when I feel like it. It's just kind of nice.

I actually went out a bit later today, it was going on 8 when I did my cool down walk around a couple of blocks. One of my friends was walking up to campus and I stopped to talk to her, wearing my shorts and sweater and sunglasses, with the ipod and all. I hate feeling like I'm being judged by people I know concerning my weight, or even my weight loss effort. But she told me I was looking good, and then we talked about something else. It actually felt really genuine.

I think that I often think people are judging me when actually, their not thinking about those things at all. Just do it!
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Okay a few things: Way to go on taking that jogging step forward! That's awesome!!! I'm still feeling my way up to it as I used to jog but haven't done it all winter. I went last Thursday and boy did I ever feel it the next day. It was wonderful.

In my opinion, jogging when there's light out is always better than when it's dark. That's purely just for a woman's security when by herself in the dark. But in regards to having someone around, I always prefer to do it alone personally! That's probably because I've never been able to find someone who is consistent enough and half of my energy is spent just getting them out. That is unless you have a dog -- they make perfect workout companions! Actually, I used him as my pacemaker last week because I needed a consistent speed (and I welcomed his little breaks to sniff trees.)

As for the sunglasses in the dark... it works when you're Corey Hart. "I wear my sunglasses at night. so i can, so i can..."

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited by prepping; 04-19-2010 at 02:21 PM.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote