Old 04-13-2010, 11:52 AM   #1  
MONI

S/C/G: 257/257/160

Height: 5'4''

Default Bummer..

I'm feeling in a funk right now. I"m slightly depressed and have gained instead of lost. I know I need to start over an get back on track.

So how do you get back on track? When your in a funk, how do you get out?

Thanks
Moni28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:05 PM   #2  
LAWL ups and downs

S/C/G: 166/151.4/135

Height: 5'6"

I think the best way to get back on track is to make a plan for what you're going to eat. I decided that today was my "get back on track" day because I was feeling a little icky yesterday. My schedule has been weird for a few days and I either wasn't getting enough food in, and I got in a few situations where I just had to eat what I was given at people's houses, etc.

I'm not sure what your diet has been consisting of, but I have certain amounts of protein, veggies, fruits, etc that I have to get in by the end of the day. I am using today to be very aware of everything I put in my mouth. I think of each food as a goal to achieve, rather than my little time of indulgence, so I'm not tempted to eat something "yummy".
amhoffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:20 PM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Ya just do. Sometimes I just come out of the funk. Sometimes I have to work at it. Sometimes, I just have to lace up my running shoes and put one foot in front of the other. I think falling of track is almost inevitable. It happens. You can't dwell on it because then you will just be stuck in that same place. It's sooo important to just focus on MOVING ON and accepting what's happened and making it right from here on out
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

I do the one thing that's hardest to do when I'm in a funk: exercise. So I'll plan my day out for what I'll be eating and do everything possible to ensure I make it to the gym for a spinning class or something equally as challenging.

Can't feel as down on yourself when you know you've done everything right for the day including sweating your buttocks off. Even a good long walk outside can make you feel better.

prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

I force myself to exercise. Yesterday I really didn't want to do my run but I made myself and in the middle of it I was thinking "damn, this feels good". And I ended up super glad I did it.
Katieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:39 PM   #6  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I exercise. It always makes me feel better.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 133/132/118

Height: 5'4"

Funks can be hard to get out of, but you just need to push your self. I like to meal plan and go food shopping---getting alot of colorful fruits and veggies always helps me!! Get out side and walk in the park. Make today your start over day and just do it!!!
maenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:37 AM   #8  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

I usually go gravelling to my accountability partners and they tell me to suck it up....

Okay, not completely like that, but exercise really does help. It gets your endorphins going and it gives you a sense of accomplishment for sure.

You can do a lot of things, but what you really have to find is your motivation.... I know someone mentioned on here one day that they make note cards with clothes they want to buy at goal or things they want to do. They flip through those and remember why they're on this journey and their rewards at the end of it.

Dust yourself off, get back on the horse. We've all been there
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:19 PM   #9  
MONI

S/C/G: 257/257/160

Height: 5'4''

Thaks everyone! I did pick my butt up and dusted myself off. I am ready to start anew! Thanks for all of your suggestions and support!
Moni28 is offline   Reply With Quote