Old 03-29-2010, 11:50 AM   #1  

Height: 5ft 2in

Default what is your motivation?

so im just starting my diet & excercise routine...when you first started what was your motivation to keep going?

i am going from not very active to working out a few times a week. this is lame but i bought a hot pink sports bra (pink is my fav color! lol) and ive just been excited to wear it so thats part of my motivation.

also im just ready for people to stop treating me differently because i weigh more than them. and im most excited about stopping the question of am i pregnant or not. that has happened to me more times than i ever thought it would and it gets more depressing everytime!!!

so since im just starting i just wondered what everyone else uses so maybe i can borrow some of your motivation!
rock182star03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:07 PM   #2  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

As far as working out goes, if I don't work out at least 30 minutes each day, I go a little crazy. Anxiety/Worry/Nervousness - whatever you want to call it, exercise helps me keep that stuff under control. And as far as food wise, I feel "better" if I eat things that are "good" for me, instead of eating out or having fast food all the time (I still have fast food, just not 3x a day, every day - its usually my treat for Friday morning breakfast).

Also, the promise of food gets me through my work outs. On Saturdays/Sundays I get up and go to the gym and an egg white Dunkin Donuts flatbread is my reward.

So the short answer is - I motivate myself to work out with food and with the promise that I won't be crazy
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

Height: 5'6"

This may sound faux pas but what motivates me is seeing a smaller number on the scale at the end of the week. In the past I have never really been successful losing weight because I never found the calorie balance that has worked for me. Now that I have experimented and found how many calories I need a day, I cut out sugar and switched to whole grains wherever possible. While I still have not changed clothing sizes, everything either fits better or is really loose, which is also a motivation to keep going.
utgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:20 PM   #4  
I will make time!!!

My modivation is to look hot. lol and to feel good. To walk around and not pull up or down anything. Another modivation is for my b-day and yesturday I went shopping with a friend, I didn't buy anything but I was helping her for her b-day, and we tried on some lingerie-and it was horriable, funny, but bad. I didn't think I would look that bad but I did. So in about a month I'm going to go shopping at my goal weight, and get stuff without being sad that it doesn't look good on me. And I'm going to try on some lingerie again, it better look great next time! And jessica Alba is a modivation, I want to be sexy like that. lol

Why does no one use these words? Honestly what's wrong with wanting to feel like that, I never have so I think I'm alowed.
SnowWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

I second utgirl09 with the so-not-PC response: I do like seeing that number go down!

Other motivators:
-I have a long overseas vacation coming up in May, and I want to be in good enough shape to do everything without getting tired
-I love buying new clothes, and changing sizes is a great excuse
-My skin is getting clearer from all the spinach and carrots, and I want it to stay that way!
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #6  
Canadian on the Inside

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWolf View Post
To walk around and not pull up or down anything.
This is definitely driving me- not just pulling clothes up and down, but being super conscious of holding in my stomach and making sure my clothes wrinkle just right and generally having to think about whether I look fat. I'm starting to get to that point a little bit, and it's exciting!

Also, I'm starting school in the fall, so not being "the fat girl" when I get there is motivating me as well.
Paja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:47 PM   #7  
Happily Married

S/C/G: 194/177/145

I have a vacation in july so my motivation is a new bikini
Also cute workout clothes LOL silly but it works
Also looking forward to my rewards like the first 20lbs is a mani and pedi
Skinnybride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:14 PM   #8  
aka christina :)

S/C/G: 142/118/116

Height: 5'5

looking great in a new bikini this summer is my motivation - when i get down to goal (or below) i'm gonna go buy a new one! also - compliments from the boy are always nice ..
diornotwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

My motivation changes from time to time but right now I am walking for those who cannot or will not. For example, my mom who had leg pain (severe) from unknown heart disease, my friend who needs to lose weight but has not taken the first step, a former boss who died of complications from morbid obesity, and many relatives who are also mobidly obese. I walk and try to lose weight for them as well as myself.
Cindy_Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #10  
Borderline Amazing!!!

S/C/G: 230/228/165

These are all great answers. My main motivation, besides wanting to be healthy, is my husband. When I met him, I was a lot thinner and he loved it.

Now, I have put on about 40 lbs and feel unattractive to him. He has NEVER said that to me, it's a personal thing. He always tells me he loves the way I look and he is super supportive, but I want to do this for him (well, for me... so I am not embarrassed to meet his co-workers at social events or couples at the pool).

He is already noticing a difference after just over a week, and I am thrilled! Good luck RockStar! This is a great place to find support and insight.

For every 5 lbs lost

Mini Goal 4: 160 - 45lbs to go
Unrealistic Goal?? 155 - 50lbs to go
BrittanieYork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #11  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

My motivation is my two daughters. They're young enough that right now my being overweight doesn't bother them, but the thought of them being school age and me still being the "fat mom" mortifies me! I don't want them to have to defend me/get teased because of me when they get older. Plus I want to be able to run around and play with them better.

My other motivations is shallow, but it's getting skinny. Every time I look in the mirror and see myself skinnier I'm motivated to do more!
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:46 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Mine, lower numbers on the scale and getting back in to my amazing wardrobe. I have some wicked clothes that I haven't been able to wear in a while and I can't wait til they fit again.

A distance second is going on my backpacking trips with my bf and friends. While I'm able to do them I'm slower and would like to keep up and even lead the pack. I want to carry that 35lbs pack effortlessly! Plus being able to hike in just short and a sports bra, while looking good would be awesome!
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Height: 5'8"

Mine is avoiding diabetes. My mom was diagnosed almost 2 months ago, and it literally snapped me into action the very MOMENT I heard the word. Diabetes. I especially want to stave it off until I've had the privilege of having children. I've seen how hard a diabetic pregnancy can be, and I never want to go through that. Well... I never want to go through it at all, obviously. So this is my kick in the pants.
neonwildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:43 PM   #14  

Height: 5ft 2in

those are all fantastic reasons! thanks guys
rock182star03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:31 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 169/166/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWolf View Post
And jessica Alba is a modivation, I want to be sexy like that.
And Here I was starting to think I was the only one. Mine is Carmen Electra! Same height and Body structure, only I'm carrying around a lot more "Extra Baggage". Her body measurements keep me motivated b/c I never really thought I could EVER look like that, but as it turns out we already have the same bust measurement and height...all I gotta do is get rid of all the excess around the middle and I'll look smokin'! Lol

My main motivator though is myself. I've always been 'a little' overweight, then that turned into just plain 'overweight'. I'm tired of not feeling comfortable in my own skin, and I'm sick of constantly having to pick clothes that will 'Hide' the 'junk'. I'm sooooo jealous of my friends who can pick up ANYTHING in the store in their size and buy it without trying it on first to be sure it looks right.

Second in line, definitly the boyfriend. I was just a little overweight when we first started dating two years ago, and although I know he doesn't mind the extra weight and loves me for who I am...well....lets just say he looks at me with adoration and desire now, I can't wait to see that look intensify when I'm finally at my healthy weight!

And last but certainly not least: BIKINI! Haven't worn one in YEARS!
Dani333 is offline   Reply With Quote