Old 04-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #1  

Default Only 400 calories left??

Hey ladies, I need a little advice.

I planned out my day underestimating my calories slightly..

I had a large bowl of cantaloupe and pineapple (just under 2 cups) for breakfast.

Whole wheat pasta with grilled chicken breast, spinach, tomatoes, and artichokes for lunch in a lemon sauce.

A greek yogurt with honey on the bottom (dannon) and 1/4 a cup of raisin bran on top.

When I added the calories this morning, I thought I'd have 600 calories left to have for dinner, but truth is I only have just under 400. The fruit had more calories than I estimated, as did the pasta.

I'm not hungry (at least not belly grumbling hungry) but I like to eat dinner and a nighttime snack most days. I'm trying to come up with a filling dinner or dinner + snack under 400 calories.

My fridge/freezer is limited, as I just got home from vacation. Going to subway or something is an option, but I'm not going to go grocery shopping yet - waiting for my Le Creuset to arrive next week to shop so I have really fresh ingredients to play with. Also, I'll be eating out tomorrow for Easter, so it's silly to buy a bunch of food to cook for one when I can't even eat leftovers.

I have:
Frozen lima beans, green beans, corn, mixed veggies, broccoli, and peas
A bunch of frozen meals (Healthy Choice steamers)
A few healthy choice soups (roughly 200-250 calories each)
A bunch of apples (7-8) - I love apples
Cheese (cheddar, parmesan, colby, fresh mozzarella)
Bacon (essential in a Southern cook's home - even those of us on a diet!)
Sausage
Eggs
Whole wheat bread (12 grain)
Greek yogurts in various flavors (plain, vanilla, honey, fruit)
Cans of tomatoes, broths, beans (chickpeas, black beans, kidney beans)
Grits, oatmeal, etc
Basic cooking supplies - oils, flour, sugars (brown, white, powdered, maple, pecan! LOL), herbs, cocoa, chocolate chips, etc - pretty much anything you'd want EXCEPT MILK (mine expired while I was gone!)
Cheerios and raisin bran
Granola bars, fiber bars, cereal bars, popcorn
Dried Pineapple, raisins
Whole wheat spaghetti
1 jar artichokes
brown rice
Frozen meatballs and chili from past cooking adventures

Create me a masterpiece so that I'm not worried about this any more!
ValentineNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 06:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242.6/198.8/145

Height: 5'4''

I vote for a grilled cheese sandwich and some soup...im pretty sure that would keep it under 400 calories but thats all i could come up with
Phoenixsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 06:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Try black beans and tomatoes over brown rice perhaps? That would give you carbs, veg/fruit and protein. If you add some mexican seasonings, say cumin and chili powder, garlic, onion powder you could have a spanish rice sort of thing. Defrost the green beans and keep 'em in the fridge for later. Dress with lemon and garlic, then take a little bit of plain yogurt, also with lemon and garlic for a dip or dressing. I think that would give you under 400 total, depending on how much beans/rice/tomatoes you eat. And the green beans would prolly be a nice change of pace for a snack.

Barb

Last edited by angelskeep; 04-03-2010 at 06:28 PM.
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:04 PM   #4  

Height: 5'10

I think the healthy choice soups are pretty filling ... you could have soup and some veggies ... and maybe a snack still later?
BassAckwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:18 PM   #5  

Thanks guys :-) Those are great ideas. I think I'll try the black beans with tomatoes and rice. I've never eaten canned tomatoes before - only used them in sauces and the like. It'll be an experiment
ValentineNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 294/289/170

Height: 5'4

im sure you have already eaten.. but just thought i'd say your food looks yummy
kimberb04 is offline   Reply With Quote