Old 05-01-2010, 11:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Talking 20 pounds gone, and a thank you!

Hey everyone! Today I hit -20, and I am elated. This is 33.3% of my goal, and it took 2 months to get here. This is the most weight I have lost in a single attempt in 7 years. I feel amazing!

I want to thank everyone here for your support! What amazes me the most is how "real" everyone on this board is. For the first time ever, I have realized that just because I ate out, or had one bad meal, it does not mean that I have sabotaged my efforts and I am done. Previously, as soon as I took one step in the wrong direction, I was in a full sprint to failure and never looked back. I have FINALLY realized that it's OKAY, that I can wake up the next day, and move forward towards my goals. All of your posts have shown me that everyone messes up from time to time, but everyone finds their game and gets right back on plan! If I did not have that constant reassurance from this board, I don't know that I would have stayed on track and ever saw 20 pounds come off. So, a BIG THANK YOU to everyone here, for keeping me motivated and being so honest about your successes and failures! (((HUGS)))
jaimie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'9

Congratulations to you on losing the first 20! That's an amazing accomplishment!

I've only been at this for two weeks myself, but this board is also helping me get over the "I've blown it, time to give up" mentality. It really does help so much to realize we don't have to be perfect.

Congrats again, and I can't wait to see you post about the next 20! Hopefully I'll have lost 20 by then myself
Scatterheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:35 PM   #3  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Congrats Jaimie!!!!! So glad you've realized what this board is all about!!! Accountability is the key and there are a lot of amazing people on here to help you out with that!!!! Keep on truckin! Next thing you know you'll be at 66% of your goal!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote