3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   C25K anyone? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/195371-c25k-anyone.html)

BatgirlAmy 03-23-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomato sunshine (Post 3213424)
today, i was jogging on the treadmill and i found out that my pace is really slow :( like the fastest i went was 4.7 mph... but now that i realize it is slow, i will work on increasing it little by little.

i also noticed that even though my weight loss hasn't been significant, my face jiggles a lot less :D

trying to sign up for a 5k in early may... i hope i can do it! running outside is a lot harder than on a treadmill :/

see I am a slow poke then, because on the tred mill I walk at 3.0-3.7 and run at 3.8-4.0 but it works for me

tomato sunshine 03-23-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BatgirlAmy (Post 3214107)
see I am a slow poke then, because on the tred mill I walk at 3.0-3.7 and run at 3.8-4.0 but it works for me

yeah!! i always thought 4.0 was fast and wasn't even sure if i could run that fast, but i tried upping it every couple minutes :D

tomato sunshine 03-24-2010 08:24 PM

wow...i think this is the first time in my life that i've run a mile straight without stopping to walk. and it actually feels good!! whooo!!!

Feral 03-25-2010 05:37 PM

STARTED over again today... and actually did it at the gym of all places!!!!

As far as speed on a treadmill, my treadmill at home is MUCH different than the one at the gym so don't get caught up on numbers. They're all different. 4.2 at home is the equiv of 5.0 at the gym for me.

pinkalarmclock 03-25-2010 11:01 PM

So I've been thinking of doing this 3.2 jog at my campus this next month (I go to virginia tech its 3.2 for the 32 that were killed 3 years ago) but I have yet to jog three miles so I went to my gym today and did 3 miles in 33 minutes! I'm so proud of myself and I'm really thinking of doing the 3.2 jog now! Not only would it make me really proud but it would be a great way to pay respect and remember what happened.

Feral 03-26-2010 08:30 AM

3 miles in 33 minutes!!! THAT'S SO AWESOME!!!!

Paja 03-26-2010 01:20 PM

Wow pinkalarmclock, that's awesome! I hope to get there... eventually.

I haven't been around the last almost two weeks because my internet has been in and out, but I'm trying to get caught up. I did W3D3 and W3 day infinity (aka day 4), and I finally mustered up the courage to try W4D1 yesterday. I survived, but I had horrible chest pain (non exercise related) that made me have to stop in the middle of the second three minute run. I was also quite a bit slower on the second two runs than the first two.

For all of you outside runners (there are others besides me, right?), how do you get a feeling for the distance you're going? I would love to know my pace (I feel like I run exceedingly slow), but I really have no idea how long it's taking me to get from point A to point B because I don't know the distance between them. I was thinking about trying to find a track, but I'm not sure- I think running on a track would be almost as weird to me as running on a treadmill.

shortandfluffy 03-26-2010 01:37 PM

I have been debating if I wanted to start C25K... I don't have a treadmill at home.. we have a treadclimber. You walk, but its up at an angle and has resistance. I get a really good workout, but I just want something different. Actually GO OUTSIDE! I live a few blocks from the school's track, so I could go there.

Seeing you guys doing this is making me really want to!

tomato sunshine 03-27-2010 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paja (Post 3219329)
For all of you outside runners (there are others besides me, right?), how do you get a feeling for the distance you're going? I would love to know my pace (I feel like I run exceedingly slow), but I really have no idea how long it's taking me to get from point A to point B because I don't know the distance between them. I was thinking about trying to find a track, but I'm not sure- I think running on a track would be almost as weird to me as running on a treadmill.

so far, i just run around my neighborhood and i plug my starting point and ending point in google maps. i'm sure there are better ways...

it took me about 15 minutes to run a mile... so i'm guessing that's 4 mph?

Feral 03-27-2010 10:27 AM

Tomatoe/Paja - I would say you could do that or if you're in your own neighborhood/street you could drive your car and check the mileage.

BassAckwards 03-27-2010 09:20 PM

SO ... I attempted Week 1 Day 1 on Monday outside on a paved path ... After the third 'run' part I couldn't breathe my nose was running I had a tightening/pain in my neck. :o We did end up walking for about an hour but I just couldn't run. I was wheezing for the rest of the night and even the next morning I felt like I was coughing stuff up. And for 3 days after my shins were sore! It was really annoying, disappointing and discouraging.

Tonight I decided to get on my elliptical, I used the podcast I had downloaded for W1D1 and I did it on my elliptical. I "walked" at about 3.1-3.3mph and "jogged" about 4.5mpg. I feel like that's probably really slow BUT if the intervals make it more interesting to get on the elliptical .. it's better than nothing right!

It's just disappointing that I can't run outside like a normal person. I think I should check with my doctor about an inhaler. Or am I just REALLY out of shape? :mad: I just don't think it's normal to be wheezing that long after running for a total of like 3 minutes. Though I don't understand why it's SUCH a big difference running outside than running on my elliptical, as far as breathing goes anyway.
:?: :?:

teff 03-28-2010 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BassAckwards (Post 3220881)
and "jogged" about 4.5mpg.

Wow, you got 4.5 miles to the gallon while jogging? ;)

Could be asthma.. or maybe allergies? I would definitely get it checked out if it happens again (although definitely take it easy and don't go all out on the running, I don't want you to keel over and not be able to breath and turn blue!).

BassAckwards 03-28-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teff (Post 3221213)
Wow, you got 4.5 miles to the gallon while jogging? ;)

Could be asthma.. or maybe allergies? I would definitely get it checked out if it happens again (although definitely take it easy and don't go all out on the running, I don't want you to keel over and not be able to breath and turn blue!).

LOL :D mph of course.

I do have a lot of allergies. I don't know what would be out right now but I'm sure something since I'm allergic to the entire planet haha. j/k.
I just don't know why it's such a big difference from running outside and running on the elliptical. I know it's harder to actually run outside than on an elliptical but I didn't think it would be THAT big of a difference. I did the whole thing on the elliptical with almost no problems. I mean I was sweating and breathing harder and my heart rate was up but i didn't have to stop and rest at all.

stella1609 03-28-2010 12:45 PM

Bass, maybe you were pushing a little too hard? I started jogging at about 4 mph.

BassAckwards 03-28-2010 12:48 PM

Maybe .. but when I was outside I felt like I was walking faster than I was jogging. :lol: