3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   C25K anyone? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/195371-c25k-anyone.html)

PammyFl 03-01-2010 09:23 PM

Grats you guys on starting off so strong. Keep it up! I sure hope its easier now then I remember it too.

Ok so I didn't get to start my c25k today. :( I ended up working out in the garden for 4 hours planting new stuff for spring and by the time I was done it was too dark to run (no treadmill) I still did my normal daily workout after dinner so I felt awesome to have got 2 great workouts in today even though I really wanted to start today. Oh well there is always tomorrow :/

Samantha417 03-01-2010 09:51 PM

ooo!! I'd love to jump in on this! My boyfriend and I do this 5K near our house every July. I ran it in 32 minutes last summer and I'd like to beat that...along with all of his family members. Don't know if the latter is possible because one is a track member and the other a cop, but a girl can dream! LOL.

I'm already at 2.5 miles in 25 minutes..I've been working on that since January (started at only being able to run .5 and walk .5) This will definitely help me with my motivation to stay on the darn treadmill for longer! I'm in!

Catarinacat 03-02-2010 07:11 AM

Hi everyone!

I started on Week 5 - Day 1 yesterday:)
I've been running for 15 min at 5.2 mph two or three times per week so I thought that week 5 would be manageable and I could increase my speed a little bit.
I did the whole 3.2 km, running at 5.6 mph and walking at 3.7/4 mph but I have to say it wasn't easy...I feel like 5.6 mph is as fast as I can go.

So, I'd really appreciate your advice: should I focus only on the distance and worry about increasing speed once I can run the 5K or should I try to build speed as I go through the C25K weeks (even if that means doing the same workout several times)?

Feral 03-02-2010 07:25 AM

I think from what I've read and heard people discuss.... forcus on the distance this go round... and then start over and work on speed.

That's what I'm planning on doing.

daisy5819 03-02-2010 09:15 AM

I love the c25k. I did it last summer, and now I'm running my second 10K in two weeks. I'm also running a half marathon in April. I'm addicted to the runner's high.

Catarinacat 03-02-2010 12:20 PM

Thank you Feral! I'll follow your advice. :)
I think it will be easier to stay motivated too as I won't be repeating the same workout over and over.

tend3rloin 03-02-2010 01:07 PM

I want to jump in on this!
Today will be my first day on the program.
I like the progression of it and I hope I can complete it.

Any advice on doing this program for a newbie??

lights76 03-02-2010 01:15 PM

Today is Week 2 Day 1 for me. Heading to the gym in an hour. I signed up for 5K on April 17th. I have done 5K's before but always walked (usually with a jogging stroller).

kathrynk 03-02-2010 02:21 PM

Wow! Okay, first off I'm brand new here, and am in dire need of support (i come from a whole family of skinnies who are the type who can eat anything and not gain any weight). I am so excited to find this program. I need/want to start running but I was one of those who always started off to fast and got discouraged by how out of shape I was. I'm going to do my regular work-out today after work but I plan on starting this tomorrow! Will check back in!

Ann21 03-02-2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lights76 (Post 3180707)
Today is Week 2 Day 1 for me. Heading to the gym in an hour. I signed up for 5K on April 17th. I have done 5K's before but always walked (usually with a jogging stroller).

I start Week 2 Day 1 today too. I've been going to the gym after class at night to do this, it's so nice to have a running program that doesn't take an hour. I need to sign up for a 5K, might keep me from quitting. :carrot:

EsperanzaBella82 03-02-2010 04:06 PM

Completed W4D1 today. It was actually pretty enjoyable and now I have tons of energy! The last 5 minute run was kind of hard, but I got through it and definitely could have run farther. I take that to be a good sign.

I run outside, as I don't have access to a treadmill, but I actually prefer it. I run in the suburbs so the scenery is nice and there are lots of nice routes for me to take.

Congrats to everybody who either started and/or is continuing the program this week. We will all get to the 5k finish line at some point! :)

tend3rloin 03-02-2010 04:24 PM

I got some great motivation today! My brother told me that if I completed this program he would participate in a 5k with me!
This is exactly what I need to get my butt in gear.:carrot::encore::encore:

Essa415 03-02-2010 04:27 PM

Hey everyone. Now that the weather is nicer I am going to start c25k on Monday. I am going to try and use the Iphone app and see how helpful it is. I'll update on how everything goes :)

Paja 03-02-2010 04:39 PM

Okay, I'm in. I've been using C25K as a guide for my running workouts for over a year now (mostly a mix of weeks 1-4, depending on how I'm feeling), but I think I'm ready to actually strive for the 5K. Right now it feels like I could never do that- running for 30 mins straight- which is what makes me want to go for it. I know it'll take me longer than it's "supposed" to, since I have no desire to run 3 times a week, but hopefully I'll get there before the summer.

I did week 3 day 1 out in the rain this morning, and I'm ready to go!

amyleigh 03-02-2010 06:24 PM

w1d2 tomorrow! of course, i have a dr's appointment so i won't be going go my gym to run (it's by work which is 1.5 hrs away). i'm going to brave the weather and try it outside. scary. snow and rain with a high in the mid-30's. of course. fabulous.