Old 02-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Little bit too much fun?

I went out on Saturday night. I told myself I was going to be good and only have a little bit to drink. I was really good with my calories for the day because I knew I'd be going out. Sooo, I was not as good as planned. Lol. I had a few more drinks then anticipated (people bought me drinks and I bought me drinks too).

I've been pretty good since then (stayed within my calories for Sunday and so far today). But when I stepped on the scale this morning (my weigh in day) it said I hadn't lost any weight in a week. Do you think this could be water weight? Does beer make you hold onto water like that? Or is this totally wishful thinking on my part and I just didn't lose weight last week despite me being awesome on my diet??
rachiebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:39 PM   #2  

When I drink (and get drunk) I hold onto some weight for 2-3 days afterward.. sucks not being able to see a difference for a while which is why I can't go out every weekend.
lizard58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 133/132/118

Height: 5'4"

i usually weigh less the day after drinking alot, but then it shows up the next day on the scale. If i drink alot for a few days in a row, it catches up to me and i gain. I am really trying not to drink much this month, it always blows my week when i go out on weekends!
maenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/150

Height: 5'11"

I did the same thing this weekend. An old friend came into town and we ended up splitting a bottle of champagne Saturday night. Sunday I weighed and was ok, but this morning I weighed and had gained 2 pounds!! I'm certain its water weight and am choosing not to get excited and give it a couple of days. And ODing on water today to try to loose some if it!!
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I hear you on it blowing your week. I didn't do anything on Sunday until like 3 because I was sooo hung over! I NEVER drink! Lol. It was to celebrate handing in a big paper that has ruled my life for like 3 weeks. Lol. I just celebrated a little too much.

I'll just mark this down as being a wash for the weigh in-meaning I'm going to pretend I didn't weigh in this week and just be super good this week and then weigh in next week. That way I won't be obsessing over the scale..
rachiebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:22 PM   #6  
Becoming better overall

S/C/G: 199/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

Yeah its water weight. Your body has to get rid of alcohol before it can get rid of fat, so thats why is slows down (not to mention calories from it) and also it dehydrates you, so you're definitely going to bloat.
I usually drink tons of water before and during my drinking sessions and first thing in the morning to help flush out the alcohol faster.. so far it's prevented me from getting hungover or sick, and my weight goes up a bit the next day, but I drink so much water that sometimes the weight is back down towards the end of the day or definitely by the day after. I usually eat less the next day..

Last edited by Starrynight; 02-08-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Starrynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Height: 5'9"

I always weigh significantly less after a night of drinking. But that's because I think I get dehydrated. Just like another poster said, my weight usually comes back a day or so later so bite me in the butt.
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote