Old 02-06-2010, 09:06 PM   #1  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Default Starting over

I have been in the ups and downs of trying to lose weight for what seems like forever. I know most of us have been through that over and over. I want this to be the last time. I know it can be done. I know it will be hard.

I tend to do very well, and then just stop. Ill maintain for a while, and then Ill start making terrible decisions. Decisions that I know even while I make them that I don't really want to. I'm sure there is some psychological reason why. Maybe I'm afraid. Whatever the reason, it's not going to be big enough to hold me down this time. I want to be skinny, healthy, and happy. I want to find love (or like). I don't want food to have any power over me.

I'm a 22 year old college student at UF. Most of the people in Gainesville are super in shape. Due to the university being highly ranked for most sports, including the club sports, the city is filled with hot 20-somethings. You can't go anywhere without seeing at least 10 people jogging. I feel like 'the fat girl' in my classes, and I'm not even that big! I know that I have at least 22lbs to lose to get in the 'healthy' bmi, but I'd like to be in the 140's. I want to make this change in my life permanently.

I guess the reason I am posting this is for some support, some advice, but mostly just to make it real. I have been telling myself the last couple weeks that 'tomorrow I will start losing weight'. Then tomorrow comes and I make a bad decision and push the start another day in the future. It is not my future anymore. It is my present. Today, I ate well. Today, I was able to say no to a number of temptations. Today, I did my first day of the 30 day shred. Today, I started losing weight.

Can you guys help me along the way? I'm sure I will need you. No turning back now. It's on.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #2  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 160/150/130

Height: 5'5

oh goodness! i feel the same way i am a 20 yr old college student, withtwo children, how out of place am i!?! But you can do this, use others and encouragement not discouragement! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
chubbyteenmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:36 PM   #3  

welcome
LiLLy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:38 PM   #4  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Welcome to "tomorrow"

It sounds like you're off to an awesome start!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 203/203/165

Height: 5'5

Default Feeling the same..

I understand where you are coming from. I have been the same. I've yo-yo'ed some much in the last 10 years is ridiculous. I go from 175 to 145 and then get lazy and slowly climb back up. Today I hit 177 again. Which is depressing. I want to do this again - and make it last more then 6 months. I want to be healthy. I want my husband to be proud of me. I want to feel beautiful when I am with him (not that he doesn't say I am - I just don't beleive it).

So I will start over tomorrow. And I will do it. But I will need some support. From someone besides my husband. From him, it just sounds like critisim.

Anyone want to be a "diet buddy" and have a daily check in through e-mail? If so message me. I think that it could be a helpful thing to have.

Good luck to all reading this thread that are starting over, and to the original poster.
oppscdaizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #6  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

Hey Girl!
I know how you feel. I too went to UF for two years before transferring and it seems everyone is super in shape. You can do it though. Southwest Rec has awesome classes and club sports are welcome to everyone.
I also know how it feels to lose, be stagnant, and then gain a little back. It sucks. lol;however, atleast you haven't gained everything back and you know you can do it so you're better off than when you started. You can do it though. We all can!
redliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:09 PM   #7  
waisting away

Wow. You all are amazing. In just an hour so many responses. Thanks for the welcome!

opps- message sent. I would love to be buddies.

red- I was part of sports clubs last year. I was on the Women's rugby team until I broke my ankle. It was a terrible break and it still gives me problems. I don't think I will be doing any sports clubs for a while. As for SW rec, I am going to try to get a job there over the summer while taking classes and doing research so I may try to go more often this semester to look better (as an applicant) when I apply. Recently I have been going to open swim in the O-Dome.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 263/171.0/132

Height: 5'6

You're doing great so far! I'm in the same boat. I've been yoyo-ing the last 2 and a half years. Sick of it. This is the last time, and I'm tired of hitting the 200 pound mark, losing weight, maintaining for a few months, then watching the weight go back up.

Keep working at it and hopefully we can keep each other motivated.
Jess7286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:05 AM   #9  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

Welcome! What's your major? Coincidentally, I actually work for UF at their lab in Vero Beach (http://fmel.ifas.ufl.edu/). I've only been to the campus in Gainesville once and everyone did look pretty athletic, I was definitely intimidated!

Good luck with everything! If you need anything feel free to contact me.
aliquot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:02 PM   #10  
waisting away

ali- Chemical engineering with a minor in Biomolecular engineering.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/170

Height: 6'1"

yay for engineering!! sorry, i'm an engineering nerd, but i'm going for electrical engineering. i was going to go to UF but i didn't like their masters programs, so i'll be going to UCF to finish my bachelors, get my masters and maybe my phd if i feel like being in school for longer. i hear you on everyone in UF looking super athletic. i would go there for softball games and such and felt so out of place. i even feel like that here in jacksonville. it's got to be because i live at the beach.
fiveminutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:26 PM   #12  
waisting away

Here, you can be walking through the middle of campus, and there will be tiny, tiny girls in even smaller bikinis tanning on the grass. You would think that this is a beach town.