Old 01-30-2010, 10:18 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 285/255/150

Height: 5'7

yea i do this all the time...mostly cuz i know that when i get to my goal i will not be able to go out and buy new clothes...so i just get a few things now and then i will have a great wardrobe when i get to my goal!
want2bdgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:19 PM   #17  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

I kind of did last night at Walmart of all places, lol. I have ONE pair of jeans that fit me, the rest are too big. The size that fit fit almost so well that they're verging on the loose side. They're a size 9. I figured I'd wait a few more pounds before I went jeans shopping and hope to get into some size 8's.

Well last night at Walmart I saw some pink cargo capri kind of pants. Something you'd wear for a stroll in the park or something. They were only $10, so I thought shoot...why not get a size 8 just for kicks and giggles.

Brought them home, tried them on, and they slid right up! Size *8*...I've never been lower than a 9 since I remember! And they fit perfectly, not even tight.

Maybe I'll go back and get a size 6 in another color for motivation....that's my ultimate size goal
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:30 AM   #18  
I guess I like to run.

S/C/G: 268.9/205.2/155

Height: 5'8"

yes, I have just started doing this! it really works for me
Nomorefatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:38 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

Well, I don't buy anything expensive in the wrong size, just in case--but I do have a cute cherry blossom dress from Goodwill in the closet that is just a tad too tight for decency (it would be perfect if it was made of a heavier material, but it's a sheer thing that shows every bulge). It would be awesome if I could wear it, but if it hangs there indefinitely, I'll consider it $2 lost....
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:58 AM   #20  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I do this if say I see something at the store on clearance and it almost fits but for 5 bucks id be crazy not to get it kinda thing lol I'm just struggling to start fitting back into my old clothes, im not even worried about new clothes yet!
nicholealyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:32 AM   #21  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

i try not to do this for the simple reason that i might fall off the bandwagon and then the clothes will never fit.Or when they finall do i wont want to wear them any more.

if I see clothes I want but wont fitor i know that they wont look good on me i take a picture or remember it, and then when I do lose the weight i go back and buy them.

maybe if i really like what I see and its on sale. the its okay though!
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:19 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/170

Height: 6'1"

i don't buy clothes that don't fit yet, but i do have my 2 favorite pair of jeans that i haven't fit in since i was around 200lbs, so i have those in my closet with my only pair of jeans that fit (well, they are kinda big now. i always have to wear a belt with them) to give me that motivation to get into those two pairs of jeans again. only 18 more pounds to go!
fiveminutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:41 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

I used to, for a long time, but I have stopped doing it.

I now fit into things which I bought for that purpose some 10 years ago and feel that I don`t like it any more: it`s out of fashion, too "young" or just not my taste any more... So I gave it away and consider the money wasted. :-(

Stella
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:56 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 244/237/150

Height: 5' 6"

Well i don't really buy stuff that doesn't fit, but i hang onto stuff that doesn't fit anymore. i have this pair of jeans from freshman yr hs and i refuse to get rid of them, I would love to be able to slide into them again. Everytime i clean out my closet I look at them and almost put them in the goodwill pile and at the last min i stick them back in the closet. I can't help myself.
nursetrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:24 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 290/270/135

Height: 5'6"

I do it as well, mostly its clearance items, but occasionally I'll find something that I just have to have and end up buying it as well. Most of the clothes are between size 6-10 or M-L. I did buy a bikini set too, which is on a hanger on the front of my closet so I have to look at it everyday. I keep "thinspiration" reminders everywhere around me to keep me on track...if my family wouldn't find it weird, I'd keep a thinspiration photo in the fridge and in the cabinets, lol.
Jaimie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:06 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I don't mind buying something that is just a little bit too small. I just bought a pair of jeans that I can button and wear, but they are too tight to be comfortable. I know they will look good when I lose another 10 lbs.

I don't have enough closet space or money to buy clothing that doesn't fit. I'm struggling to always have clothes to wear that fit NOW, let alone in 50lbs.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:26 PM   #27  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

I don't at the moment mostly because I never go shopping! Depresses me too much. I also only have one pair of jeans that fit... the rest are too small or too big. I refuse to buy some more just to wear for a short while

My closet ranges from clothes in size 16 to size 8 (which is where I got last time I lost weight). I will NOT let myself get back to this again. I remember how hard I worked in this past and this time around.

I bought one shirt a while back that fits, but my DH says it makes me look pregnant.. and it does. Its a high waist so you have to be a stick to wear it. I may just give it to my sister
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:34 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'7 1/2

I do this...and unfortunately have a closet full of clothes I can't get into..but I will.
LeedaRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:27 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 310/240/180

Height: 5'5"

I guess I'm more of the complete opposite. I wait and wait and wait until I look ridiculous. I actually went and bought a new shirt just this last weekend, in my old size and it looks horrible on me. I'm too scared to try on a smaller size and it not fit, I really think that would be devastating, especially after working so hard. I mean I have some pants, that I usually wore to work and they were my "smaller"" non comfortable pants of last resort, now their my go to pants and their getting too big and ugly.
Now that I'm typing it out I'm realizing how ridiculous it is, but I guess that's the way I deal. I guess when I can't keep em up anymore, I'll go and get some more but I'll probably try on the exact same size I usually wear.
aphimira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:56 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 150.8/148.8/135

Height: 5'8

I don't think I would do this. My issue is that there are still cloths in my closet that don't fit. I am more eager to try and fit back into those jeans!
onthewagon is offline   Reply With Quote