Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 01:05 PM   #121  
LAWL ups and downs

S/C/G: 166/151.4/135

Height: 5'6"

First name: Ashley

Geographical location: Rapid City, SD

Marital Status: love him!

Children/Ages: still figuring out how to wipe my own you know what, so no babies yet

Pets: 2 kitties (Foxy, Bella), 1 puppy (Kelby- Shiba Inu)

Hobbies/Interests: I grew up dancing (ballet, jazz, etc..) but for some reason got too busy in college. I'd like to start back up. I also love art and occasionally get the inspiration to create something pretty.

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: up and down since Spring 2003

Starting Weight: 166 this time around

Present Weight: 156.2

Goal Weight: 135 would be my favorite number, but I'm thinking 140 will be more attainable and realistic to maintain. Any suggestions?

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love to sit down and drink a really cold beer with green olives. Mmmmm... but my main issue is maintaining my weight loss. I get to a size that I'm reasonably comfortable at, then get too comfortable and balloon up just to do it all over again. Each time I lose weight seems harder than the last, plus its terrible for my body. My goal is to reach a healthy weight and stay there.

Following any specific plan: LA Weight Loss, but I'm very curious about how you guys plan to lose and maintain, because I feel like I've been a bit brainwashed by LA since this is my 4th time around.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have made up my mind that this is a long term commitment, not just "oh I need to get skinny for summer!". I am very scared of losing control and never being able to drop the weight again. I'm determined to stop the cycle and be aware of everything I eat.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 212/207.5/170

Height: 5'5"

First name: Desarae (Dez)

Geographical location: San Diego, CA

Marital Status: Married 2/20/10

Children/Ages: None

Pets: oh lord we have a zoo no thanks to my husband...Rufus-Rat Terrier Mix, Shevi-Chihuahua/Jack Russell Mix, Rocky-Hamster, Rex-Bearded Dragon, and finally a box turtle lol

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, off-roading, camping, fishing, cooking, concerts, road trips, shoes...yeah its more of an obsession lol

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color:Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3/15/10

Starting Weight: 212

Present Weight: 207.5

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I do good for a while then I give in to bad food...also not the biggest fan of exercise

Following any specific plan: Just something losely based on South Beach but with a cheat day allowed for the weekend

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm doing this more for me than anything else. We are having a bigger wedding in Aug and I also want to get healthy before we start trying to get pregnant.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:14 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 225/225/180

Height: 5'3

First name: Chelsea

Geographical location: Winnipeg, mb, canada

Marital Status: bf, 6 yrs

Children/Ages:0

Pets:2 dogs at my parents house

Hobbies/Interests: reading, movies, etc

Height:5'3

Eye/Hair Color:brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April 2

Starting Weight: 225

Present Weight: 225

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not eating fast food

Following any specific plan: weight watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm having a hard time buying clothes that look good.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
Old 04-02-2010, 11:16 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 185.2/163/135

Height: 5'4"

First name: Amanda

Geographical location: Tennessee

Marital Status: Happily married

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Traveling, Scuba Diving, Snorkeling

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 03/15/10

Starting Weight: 185.2

Present Weight: 179.4

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Self-control!

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am keeping a journal every single day and keeping track of everything that goes into my mouth, as well as time spent exercising. It makes me accountable. Also focusing on making this a lifestyle change, not just a diet.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Looking forward to getting healthy again!
Old 04-03-2010, 01:34 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 140/140/110

Height: 4'11

First name:Ashley

Geographical location: Canada

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: -

Pets: -

Hobbies/Interests: Snowboarding, Travel, Friends, Family, Design, Photography, Books

Height: 5'0

Eye/Hair Color: Blue / Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: every day is a day to make changes...

Starting Weight: 140

Present Weight: 140

Goal Weight: 105-110 (i'm barely 5 feet so its pretty legit and healthy

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: the 30 day slump, usually I can accomplish 30 days, then I'll either be away for a week or grow super busy and just never quite jump back on the wagon.. oh and i'm broke so groceries are hard to come by. I live with roommates but cook only for myself since my roommates eat food like pizza, poutine etc so meals for one aren't as fun.

Following any specific plan: healthier eating adjustments (lifestyle change), decreasing the sugar and fat, adding jogging routines and p90x on the days I have time.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: my first time joining a support group.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:41 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

First name: Amber

Geographical location: Omaha, Nebraska

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: Loma & Bibi (cats) Honey (dog)

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Pogo/Facebook, belly dancing (soon!)

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes and hair color varies but primarily blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: sometime last August I think...kind of unintended then I kept it rolling by changing habits

Starting Weight: 335

Present Weight: 300

Goal Weight: 250 (mini goal). Final goal is healthy weight and/or size 12/14...don't care what the scale ends up saying

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: CARBS!!! Zmg, they're the devil. I work in the mall and some days I just want to jump the counter of the pizza place across the way and eat it all!

Following any specific plan: Modified Atkins, I guess. I do eat carbs but I limit them a lot

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: It's working!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Old 3FC member from 2008. Been on and off the wagon IDK how many times. Hoping and praying this will be the time that sticks.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 249/234/170

Height: 5'10

First name: Diana

Geographical location: Gainesville, Fl / Chicago, IL May-August

Marital Status: Single and enjoying it

Occupation: Intern and student in Industrial and Systems Engineering

Pets: 2 dogs - Sassy and Harlow (they aren't mine, but I take care of them just as much as my roommate =)

Hobbies/Interests: Traveling, Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, Pretty Places.

Height: 5'10

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel Green / Red/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan 10th 2010

Starting Weight: 249.1

Present Weight: 133.9

Goal Weight: 170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Finding things to eat that are low calorie and are quick to make and yummy.

Following any specific plan: 1500 to 1800 and going to the gym almost every day

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've been able to stick to it and go back even when I fell off the wagon =P

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am originally Brazilian
Old 04-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/170

Height: 5' 8"

First name: Hina

Geographical location: Fort Worth, T.X

Marital Status: have been single for way too long

Children/Ages: no

Pets: no

Hobbies/Interests: watching good movies, hanging out with friends, cooking, make-up!!

Height: 5' 8"

Eye/Hair Color: black and black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 28th

Starting Weight: 270 lbs yuck!!

Present Weight: 246 lbs

Goal Weight: First goal is 190 lbs and then 170 lbs and then eventually 160 lbs or whatever I feel comfortable with.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Bad habits and didn't want to give up eating good foods. Not enough willpower!

Following any specific plan: Slim4life

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: By joining slim4life I have an exact plan to follow and they tell me what to eat and how much so that has been working wonders for me.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I just can't wait till I am at a size where I am content. It can either be a 12/10 or 8. I am so sick of not being able to dress how I want to. I hate going shopping even though my friends call me a fashionista. I can't wait till I have my self esteem and confidence beack because being overweight is holding me back from so much.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:14 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 231/219/140

Height: 5' 6"

First name: Chris

Geographical location: UK

Pets: 1 dog, 1 cat and 6 mice

Hobbies/Interests: Music, films, animals

Height: 5' 6"

Eye/Hair Color: Eye - Brown, hair - brown, but atm its black with purple underneath

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 14th feb 2010

Starting Weight: 16st 7lbs (231lbs)

Present Weight: 15st 9lbs (219lbs)

Goal Weight: 10st (140lbs)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Changing the way I eat

Following any specific plan: Not really, just changing my lifestyle. Not really on a diet as I'm not banning things and I'm not strictly restricting how much I eat. Just eating better and making healthier choices.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm actually keeping track of my weight this time lol
Old 04-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #130  
happy birthday!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: 5 ft 5 in

First name: Andrew

Geographical location: Bay Area, California

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: N/A

Hobbies/Interests: Television (I watch A LOT of shows)

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Eye/Hair Color: Dark brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 03/30/2010

Starting Weight: 165

Present Weight: 165

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My mother bringing home junk food.

Following any specific plan: N/A

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a support forum that I can turn to.

Anything else you would like to share with us: What else would you like to know?
Old 04-04-2010, 11:54 PM   #131  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

First name: Bex

Geographical location: Christchurch, New Zealand

Marital Status: In a long term relationship

Pets: Kitten called Dizzee Rascal

Hobbies/Interests: Shopping, hanging out with friends, travelling, internet, rugby, family, cooking!

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2nd March 2010

Starting Weight: 118.4kg (260lbs)

Present Weight: 113.5kg (250lbs)

Goal Weight: 68kg (150lbs)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Alcohol, I know that sounds bad but being a student at a university in NZ means there is a lot of drinking and I find it hard being around my friends when they are drinking as I am cutting down (way too many calories!!)

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have an amazing boyfriend who is kicking my butt into shape!! And I know I'm doing this for me this time..no one else!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have a long way to go. I'm so excited and overwhelmed!!
Old 04-05-2010, 12:07 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 320/270/150

Height: 5'8

First name: Ellie

Geographical location: Central Florida

Marital Status: In a relationship

Children/Ages: son, 6

Pets: Cat

Hobbies/Interests: Movies, TV, Playing with my kiddo

Height: 5'8

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: 8/09

Starting Weight: 320

Present Weight: 270

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: feeling like i'm worth it.

Following any specific plan: looking for one, just watching what I eat and walking for now...

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm determined to change.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm thinking of starting P-90, but I don't think I'll last 5 minutes into it, lol
Old 04-05-2010, 05:13 AM   #133  
Forever fighting the fat

S/C/G: 185/171/153

Height: 5ft 9ins

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First name: Alex/Lexi

Geographical location: UK

Children/Ages: none

Pets: Cat x2, horse x 1.5

Hobbies/Interests: horse riding, cinema

Height: 5'9

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Brown

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: 2000! lol

Starting Weight: 178 but heaviest ever 194

Present Weight: 176

Goal Weight: 158

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: not giving up!!!

Following any specific plan: generally healthy living/making better food choices

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: who knows!

Anything else you would like to share with us: would really like a diet buddy to do this with!!!.................and stick with it this time!
Old 04-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #134  
on a Mission!!!

S/C/G: 294/228/199

Height: 5'5''

Red face My BIG SEXY mission!!!

First name: Symone Coach

Geographical location: Calgary Alberta

Marital Status: Single but it's complicated lol

Pets: None yet

Hobbies/Interests: Music, movies, make up, cloths, friends, family, anything that keeps my attention.

Height: 5'5''

Eye/Hair Color: Brown eyes and I rock a two foot blond weave!!!

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:April 4th, 2010 EASTER A NEW BEGINNING

Starting Weight: 287.4 lbs

Present Weight: 287.4 lbs

Goal Weight: Right now my number one goal is to break the 200 mark but my ultimate goal weight is 140-160 I want to be a size 10-12 so whatever numberthat is the number doesnt matter so much i just want to be in the 'medium' size range.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking to my extended water fast. I know some people don't agree with it but I have completed 3 extended fasts with great results. So I'd really like to kick start this journey with an extended water fast but it's so hard to stay focused so... damn... hard!!!

Following any specific plan: An extended water fast then finishing with some juicing then a transitioning back into foods with a raw food diet for a bit. Just over a month before introducing myself back into meats and other foods that have been an issuse for me, so yup! thats the plan!!!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I don't think there is much of a difference. I have moved to a new city and do not know to may people. With my friends n family from backhome everything revolved around food. When we hung out went out or just anything it was always about food. Go eat cause we were bored. Shopping lead to eating. If i was lonely I would eat. Anxious, then I'd eat so basiclly an emotional eater. lol I am wondering off the topic lol I have decided to immerse myself in this plan. my life will revolve around it. And Ithink thats great cause this will be life changing. I am setting goal and and crazy awesome rewards for myself when I reach them and it's ot going to be based around food. So I am going to try and stay focused!!!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I feel a little over whelmed after setting up my little 'tracking buddy' thing. Yikes do I ever has a chunk of weight to loss. I am really looking for surport. I get enough negative comments from douches and it would be sooo nice to try and surround myself with positive people. So if you an MSN chatter and up for it I'd love to chat more it'd be nice to have someone there to talk me down of the legde sort a speak when I am feeling like I need to inhale a cake lol that sounds really bad. But I remember from the past having someone in the same situation as myself have similar goals really helps when I am feeling weak or sad or just down when I am not seeign the results I am hoping for. I am not at all one of those girls that needs to be cowdled the intire time but every now and again a kind and encouraging word is can do sooo much for anyone, ya know!?!!!

(p.s- sorry for the spelling/grammer errors)

>

Last edited by Big Sexy; 04-05-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:39 PM   #135  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

First name: Jennie

Geographical location: North Bend, WA

Pets: 3 chihuahuas and a Betta

Hobbies/Interests: Photography/photoshop

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color:Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3/01/2009

Starting Weight: 300

Present Weight: 209

Goal Weight: 130-140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Looking in the mirror and seeing who I am now, not who I was 90lbs ago

Following any specific plan: 5-6 small meals a day keeping my calorie count between 1200-1500. 30-60min workouts.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a lot more support this time around.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Its already been a long journey for me and I can't wait to reach my goal! And I want to wish everyone the best of luck with theirs.
Closed Thread