3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   20 Something Profiles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/190309-20-something-profiles.html)

BiologyBabe 04-28-2010 09:59 PM

First name: Erica

Geographical location: Ohio

Marital Status: Single.

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: movies, music, reading, traveling, friends

Height: 5'2

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April 2010

Starting Weight: 250

Present Weight: 244

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Just moved to a new city for a job alone, hate cooking for one and stressed with work 6 out of 7 days of the week so I have turned into a fast food junkie (which is easily avail on my drive home :()

Following any specific plan: portion control, cutting out fast food and c25k

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I justed turned 24 and realized where I've gotten myself... I don't want to be 25 in a year and still weigh 250 pounds. Time to do this for me!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm excited to get back on track:carrot:

silencioporfavor 04-29-2010 10:11 AM

First name: Prefer not to mention

Geographical location: Chicago, IL

Marital Status: Single

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: reading, music, writing, films, traveling

Eye/Hair Color: Brown, black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January, 2010

Starting Weight: 148

Present Weight: 126

Goal Weight: 120 (or maybe a bit lower)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional or boredom-related overeating, trying to fit exercise into my day

Following any specific plan: counting calories and keeping track of fitness on SparkPeople

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is the first time I've made a concerted and systematic effort to lose weight, where I'm tracking calories and weighing myself regularly. I've always left it up to my intuition, but this time, I got scientific and disciplined about it. I'm tired of my body not being what I want, and have finally got it through my noggin that I can control that!

ruthi3ann 04-29-2010 12:18 PM

First name: RuthAnn

Geographical location: SC

Marital Status: married (10/06)

Children/Ages: none yet

Pets:3 year old shih tzu, 8 month old boston terrier

Hobbies/Interests: i watch way too much tv, i used to be very active, danced thru middle and highschool... i loved that

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: this last one was when i signed up here, april 2010. i've been "fed up" many MANY times ... but i am NOT falling back this time

Starting Weight: highest weight 213

Present Weight: 210

Goal Weight:145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: my confidence... it was so far down, but my husband keeps supporting me. also, we were eating out A LOT...and that has to stop.

Following any specific plan: portion control, watch the sugar, move, move, MOVE

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i am determined to be happy with myself again

Anything else you would like to share with us: so new to this site... help!

ape85 05-01-2010 10:28 AM

First name: April

Geographical location: Southampton, NY

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Tula- collie mix
Spanky - dachshund
Dill - poodle mix
Gizmo- cat

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: reddish/brown hair
brown eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 10/2010

Starting Weight: 230

Present Weight: 185

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: pushing myself far enough when i excersize

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: focusing on being healthy instead of skinny

Jesszika 05-05-2010 10:47 AM

First name: Jessica

Geographical location: San Diego, CA USA

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: Kaylee/4

Pets: 2 dogs, buster and bunny

Hobbies/Interests: I like to collect pez.. kinda nerdy, but its ok. it suits me well

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/dirty blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 4/13/2010

Starting Weight: 178lb

Present Weight: 174lb

Goal Weight: 130lb

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: stress!.. and correctly calculating how many calories I consume vs. spend daily

Following any specific plan: just trying to move more and eat less

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My mind set. I'm 100% ready.

Anything else you would like to share with us: not really. :D But I sure am glad to be here!

My Body in Motion 05-05-2010 04:54 PM

First name: Barbara

Geographical location: Charleston, SC

Marital Status: Married to the MOST amazing and supportive husband!

Children/Ages: No kids

Pets: 2 cats - Annie and Lily

Hobbies/Interests: Sewing and being crafty

Height: 5'6''

Eye/Hair Color: Dark blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 4/21/2010

Starting Weight: 180

Present Weight: 174.5

Goal Weight: 140 (then I'll reevaluate and see if I want to lose any more)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Cravings for sweets and eating at restaurants.

Following any specific plan: No specific diet plan. Just trying to stay with very natural whole foods.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not on a specific diet, so I don't feel like foods are "off limits." I'm just trying to make smart decisions about what goes in my body one day at a time. Previously, I would lose weight while on a "diet" but gain it back as soon as I stopped because my lifestyle hadn't changed. I'm also blogging about my weight-loss journey this time, and I've never done that before.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am involved in a "Biggest Loser" type challenge at work that is helping me to stay motivated.

vertigoskyy 05-05-2010 05:59 PM

First name: Danielle

Geographical location: Michigan

Marital Status: Divorced.

Children/Ages: Kade is 5.

Pets: Rafiki is a 6-year-old pug & Lestat is a 2-year-old corn snake

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Eyes blue, hair red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: No idea anymore! 2 years ago.

Starting Weight: 180

Present Weight: 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Procrastination.

Following any specific plan: No.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm more motivated & have more time on my hands since losing my job 2 months ago.

MementoxMori 05-05-2010 06:56 PM

First name: Jessie

Geographical location: Washington State

Marital Status: In a relationship!

Pets: Three cats and a dog (who lives with my boyfriend in CA)

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Walking, Movies

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Hazel eyes // Brown/Blonde hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 4 years ago

Starting Weight: 600

Present Weight: 304

Goal Weight: 250 (and I'll go from there)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Bad eating habits, I backslid BAD.

Following any specific plan: WLS

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Motivation. I want to fit into smaller clothes and get down to my goal SIZE, not my goal weight. And I have people who support and love me. My boyfriend is AMAZING.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I think this site is a godsend, and I'm very fortunate to find it when I did. I hope to make some friends while here!

hhaffner 05-06-2010 08:19 PM

First name: Holly

Geographical location: British Columbia, Canada

Marital Status:single

Children/Ages:0

Occupation: Dietary Aid (good luck not eating the left over desserts, lol)

Pets: cats and dogs

Hobbies/Interests: movies, reading, walking, nature (wait to go on a trail ride), and travel

Height:5'8ish

Eye/Hair Color:blue/red-brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: ever since childhood

Starting Weight:215 (a starting weight from the last 4 years or so)

Present Weight: 202

Goal Weight:160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: staying on the diet (no binge eating) and excerising every day

Following any specific plan: low carbing (although i may still friet even though they are high on the carb count.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i will a great support group (this site and all of you) - has i have always been alone before

Anything else you would like to share with us - its great to be here and the success stories are SO inspirational

alexthegirl 05-07-2010 01:59 PM

Hi! I'm alex

First name (if you want to tell): Alex

Geographical location: Minnesota

Marital Status: Married 1 Year

Children/Ages: Does my golden retriever Butters count?

Pets: Butters

Hobbies/Interests: I love TV and movies, especially comedies. I also like trying to be crafty

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/light Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I haven't started yet... so tommrow maybe?

Starting Weight: 195

Present Weight: 195

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I am awful at forming good habits and I don't have a lot of money to buy healthy foods

Following any specific plan: Not sure yet - reading here for inspiration!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I need to do something that I can stick with rather than a fad. I also really need to incorporate physical activity. As a business owner of a bridal shop, I feel like I should "put my best face forward" as they say, which means I need to slim down so I feel confident. Also, I plan to start having kids in 3 years and I want to have good habits instilled by then!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love this forum - I have never seen an online community that is so supportive and kind to each other. It annoys me when it seems like people are just there to fire other people up - I didn't see that here at all! You all are so impressive and I have mountains of respect and admiration for your determination and great 'tudes!

Tinz 05-08-2010 12:49 AM

First name: Sheree

Geographical location: Mooresville, NC

Marital Status: engaged

Children/Ages: fiance's kids emily-11, lily-4

Pets: 1 dog -her name is biscuit, 2 cats -named potter and weasley

Hobbies/Interests: music, concerts, reading, yard work

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/ Chocolate Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April 2010

Starting Weight: 252

Present Weight:247

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: to stop eating like crap

Following any specific plan: watching my carb intake and getting enough calories.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: im ready for a change. im tired of being overweight.

Anything else you would like to share with us: i love this place. lol

nicole8705 05-08-2010 08:55 AM

First name: Nicole

Geographical location: NEPA, Pennslyvania

Pets: 2 cats, Kitty and Tigger

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, crocheting, walking

Height:5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Green/ Dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April 30, 2010

Starting Weight: 248.5

Present Weight: 243.0 ( as of this morning:))

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I always started off committed and stick to it till I get to about 200lbs then I get lax about following the diet/exercises every day. And no support from family.

Following any specific plan: Count calories, monitor my fat, carbs, and sugar intake, and make sure I get my minimum protein.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I'm doing it for MYSELF. I want to change.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm really nervous about failing.

seafoamgreen 05-09-2010 12:56 PM

First name: Jennifer

Geographical location: Kentucky

Marital Status: engaged

Children/Ages: none yet - hopefully in a few years

Pets: nope

Hobbies/Interests: reading, baking, socializing, hiking, traveling, concerts

Height: 5 ft. 3 inches

Eye/Hair Color: eyes: brown, hair: black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 04/12/10

Starting Weight: 192

Present Weight: 187

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: getting frustrated, giving up

Following any specific plan: calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time, I'm commited to a whole lifestyle change and I'm doing it for me!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm really hoping this time I'm able to get to goal and maintain a real lifestyle change.

Secretz 05-09-2010 01:43 PM

First name: Shari

Geographical location: TX

Children/Ages: None...in the future though

Hobbies/Interests: having fun, being with family and friends, talking on the phone, being on the computer

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Tuesday, May 4th 2010

Starting Weight: 212

Present Weight: 208

Goal Weight: 135-145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: self control over certain foods

Following any specific plan: a little of weight watchers, a little of carb counting....doing a little of everything....trying to do my own thing

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is my heaviest and I do not want to see it again

Anything else you would like to share with us: You guys give me inspiration

Priscatip 05-09-2010 04:49 PM

First name: Priscilla

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status: Engaged - the wedding is in September!

Children/Ages: Nope.

Pets: Bear, a 100 pound white Chowador (Chow/Lab mix)

Eye/Hair Color: Eyes brown, hair brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2009

Starting Weight: 185

Present Weight: 156

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Moving home with my parents, where I lose some control over my diet. That and a fondness for beer and wine.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting. And C25k, if that counts.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: The wedding dress puts some serious motivation on! That and some medical issues have made me quit smoking this year and be serious about my weight loss if I plan to have kids in a few years, which I do.

foodfight 05-09-2010 06:44 PM

First name: Jennifer

Geographical location: Washington

Marital Status: Not married, but with a very nice man.

Children/Ages: No children ever ever.

Pets: I can't even keep a plant alive, much less a pet.

Hobbies/Interests: Working out, collecting records, video games, movie marathons and knitting.

Height: 5"5

Eye/Hair Color: Blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5/1/10

Starting Weight: 155

Present Weight: 149.6

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I'm a binge-eater. Always have been. Also, inherently lazy.

Following any specific plan: 1200-1300 calories/day, food log w/ calorie counting, cardio 5-6 times a week, and strength training 2-3 times a week. Also, trying to lay off the booze and "other" stuff.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm going to take what I've been learning and apply it even when I'm to my goal weight.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I like to find support here because my partner isn't very encouraging and actually does not like the idea of me losing weight. So everything I take away from reading this forum helps a lot more than people might think.

shasatwork 05-10-2010 01:07 PM

need frnds to keep me motivated

hey guys i decided to join u after many attempts (to lose weight) and failures. things can be much easier with moivation;)
my goal is to lose 12.5 pounds before i go home in mid july
things to do: dieting aiming at 900 kcal a day (500 less than my bmr)
aerobics on weekends
setbacks: food cravings especially at nite

stephers84 05-11-2010 12:28 AM

Brief Bio

First name: Stephanie

Geographical location: Flagstaff

Children/Ages: Nope!

Pets: Cat and a fish

Hobbies/Interests: I really enjoy working out, swimming, and traveling!

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: On and off for years...

Starting Weight: 240

Present Weight: 235

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Self-esteem

Following any specific plan: Exercise 5 days/week and no fast food or sweets

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I lost 60 lbs about 2 years ago, and never imagined that I would gain it back. Well, I did and I haven't forgiven myself for it. I need to do this for my health. I'm 25, and I get severe chest pains. I'm depressed, which I think is mostly due to my weight.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Believe it or not, I do have a BS in Exercise Science. The one thing that I EVERY professor said: Weight loss can only be obtained by calories out equally more than calories in. That's the magical formula. However, through my own experiences, I have learned that each person needs an individual plan in order to make that happen. Whether it's pilates, a vegetarian diet, or cutting out sugar, you need to figure out how you can and WILL consume less calories than you burn.

gretel 05-11-2010 12:40 PM

First name: Gretel

Geographical location: New Jersey

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets: 5-year old German Shepherd (Darla), 15-year old cat (Salem), ~8-year old cat (Moody), and a 6-year old guinea pig

Hobbies/Interests: Being a homeowner, bicycling, travel, gardening

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Since high school, but actively taking control since the summer of 2009

Starting Weight: 215 (highest was 225-230)

Present Weight: 202

Goal Weight: ~140 or whatever feels right

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Having a skinny husband who can eat anything and not gain, plateaus after every pound, and if I cut back calories, I lack energy to exercise - it's a cycle that leaves me not wanting to eat well or move much.

Following any specific plan: Right now, just sensible eating close to Adam's Diet from the jpfitness forums with NROL4W and lots of biking.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm starting to have health issues that can be alleviated with weight loss. Also, I'm planning for children in the next couple of years and taking the weight off now would be best for everyone.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Frankly, I don't care how I look anymore. I just want to keep the weight off for good / or be fit enough to do all the things I won't do now.

billyhtchcoc 05-11-2010 01:40 PM

First name: Toby

Geographical location: Florida

Pets: Domestic Shorthair (Parsifal, 2 years)

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Gaming

Height: 6'

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blond

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: On and off for a couple years

Starting Weight: 300 lbs

Present Weight: 298 lbs

Goal Weight: 240 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Having a spouse that can eat anything they want and not gain an ounce, sedentary job.

Following any specific plan: Counting calories and limiting portion size

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Getting more support, having a friend who lost 70 lbs in the past year that I've always been smaller than.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm a dude, so I know some of my requirements/plans need to be adjusted accordingly.

TaintedDiamonds 05-12-2010 05:43 AM

First name: Marcy

Geographical location: Tennessee

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 1 cat, Sid, 1 dog, Mac

Hobbies/Interests: spending time with my hubby and animals, shopping, listening and playing music

Eye/Hair Color: green

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5/09/2010

Starting Weight: 247

Present Weight: dunno yet. haven't weighed since i started

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: myself. i love sweets and i eat when i'm bored

Following any specific plan: staying away from caffeine and chocolate

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: since getting married, i want to live a long time with my hubby so i want to get healthy and stay that way

Anything else you would like to share with us: once i start something, i usually end up getting bored with it and quiting but this time i really want to stay on track and get healthy, not just for me but my hubby. we are wanting to get pregnant later this year so that really jump started my will to lose weight

amankus 05-12-2010 04:02 PM

First name: Allison

Geographical location: Lafayette, IN

Marital Status: Engaged

Pets: 1, cat, Betty White

Hobbies/Interests: Trashy reality TV, DDR, planning my wedding

Height: 5'1.5

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Unnaturally dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 10, 2010

Starting Weight: 167

Present Weight: 164

Goal Weight: 137

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Night snacking, my fiance's incredible metabolism and hence constant eating

Following any specific plan: South Beach (Currently Phase 1)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Pressure of wedding and engagement pictures coming up

Anything else you would like to share with us:

DoraUK 05-14-2010 06:09 AM

First name: Dora

Geographical location: London, UK

Marital Status: In a relationship

Pets: None, not allowed in my flat :( Except my flatmate is a lot of hard work and needs belly rubs now and then!

Hobbies/Interests: TV, singing in the shower, procrastinating

Eye/Hair Color: Green, Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 11th April '10

Starting Weight: 135

Present Weight: 124

Goal Weight: 118

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I have never really exercised ever, so dragging my *** to the gym

Following any specific plan: High Fibre, low calorie.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Two reasons: Highest my weight has ever been and my boyfriend who is 6'1 got ill and then weighed the same as me.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Urm the Wii Fit is amazing, I think if it hadn't have been for it I never I would have got the healthy habit. It is v fun and eases you in.

Photogrl83 05-14-2010 05:49 PM

First name:Amber

Geographical location: Dallas

Children/Ages: Blake/5

Pets:2 cats/ 1 crazy pup

Hobbies/Interests: Photography! About to start a degree in it.

Height:5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5/10/2010

Starting Weight: 191

Present Weight: 191

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Motivation, motivation, motivation!!!

Following any specific plan: watching portions/ excercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: About a week ago something finally clicked, I don't crave the sodas just water, I don't want fast food which I have alwasy loved fast food, and I want to exercise before it was a chore!

Anything else you would like to share with us:Happy to be part of 3FC, glad to have the community support!

abluvion 05-17-2010 08:50 AM

First name: Abby

Geographical location: Hampton Roads, VA

Marital Status: living in sin with my boyfriend

Pets: 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: knitting, sewing - anything outdoorsy like camping and hiking - reading, movies.... lots.

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5/17/2010 - this time.

Starting Weight: 209

Present Weight: same

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: keeping determined. planning for obstacles. not allowing one minor slip turn into a giant backsliding.

Following any specific plan: WW

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I hate to say it, but not a lot. I'm in the same mindset. I saw success last time - but I stopped being mindful, and a year later am almost back where I started. I know what I need to do. Just gotta do it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nah. Not for now :)

kiki28 05-19-2010 02:24 PM

First name: Nickole

Geographical location: Manitoba

Marital Status: common-law

Pets: 1 cat, 1 cornsnake, 1 hamster, 1 bearded dragon

Hobbies/Interests: tennis, walking, music, movies, biking, outdoor activities, etc

Height:5'6

Eye/Hair Color:green/dark drak brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:May 3, 2010

Starting Weight:207

Present Weight:188

Goal Weight:135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:not wanting to give into chocolate lol

Following any specific plan: ideal protein

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: more structured setup

Anything else you would like to share with us: =D

fivestone 05-20-2010 07:15 PM

First name: Sara

Geographical location: Austria

Children/Ages: None, yet! :)

Pets: None, yet! We are thinking of getting a cat at some point.

Hobbies/Interests: Playing guitar and violin, singing, playing Wii, bowling, traveling, electronic music

Eye/Hair Color: Black hair, brown eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5/20/2010

Starting Weight: 185.9

Present Weight: 185.9

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Lack of energy/desire to exercise at times

Following any specific plan: Keeping things low-carb

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm committed to staying low-carb, and I have my husband's support. He is dieting as well, and wants me to make his meals as healthy as possible. :)

Anything else you would like to share with us: 3FC seems like a great place!

tamifc 05-21-2010 06:57 PM

First name: Tamica

Geographical location: Trinidad and Tobago or Toronto, CA

Pets: 3 Dogs

Hobbies/Interests: Puzzles, Manga, Math, Reading, Music

Eye/Hair Color: Dark Brown/Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 10, 2010

Starting Weight: 171

Present Weight: 168

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Desserts, Limited time to cook for myself

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
More work hours, Less gym time

Anything else you would like to share with us: Glad to be here!

CorinneIrene 05-22-2010 07:42 AM

First name: Corinne

Geographical location: Central NY

Occupation: Direct Care Professional and soon to be pursuing a degree in Wildlife Management

Pets: 5 lovely cats. I still miss my dog.

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, learning, outdoor work and gardening, music, history, travel, hiking...anything and everything

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, dark blond hair.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Officially, 4/30/10

Starting Weight: 153

Present Weight: 143

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Just keep going. Doing great so far!

Following any specific plan: Slim in 6- and I love it!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm more determined than ever. Honestly, this is the best I've ever done after years of trying- because I'm doing it the healthy way.

Anything else you would like to share with us: You ladies are wonderful!

eyks 05-23-2010 04:17 PM

Jumping in a little late...

First name: Skye

Geographical location: Hawaii

Marital Status: Married, two years on Monday the 24th!

Children/Ages: Not yet

Pets: One fur-baby, GSD named Koa

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, Ocean, Beaches, Reading, Hikes, Kayaking, Shopping, Make-Up, Painting

Height: 4,10

Eye/Hair Color: Brown and Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 4/11/2010

Starting Weight: 126lbs

Present Weight: 125lbs

Goal Weight: 107lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Myself! Lol. I tend to make excuses for eating the wrong things, or I overindulge on my cheat days

Following any specific plan: Just a workout plan. I must do cardio at least 4 times a week and weight train 3 days a week and track it on my workout sheet. No strict eating plan. Just whole wheats, brown rice, vegies, and less red meat.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I'm making an honest effort to lose weight the healthy way, no pills, no crash diets. I want to make this a life style change and be an example for my kids one day.
Anything else you would like to share with us: I just hope to meet some great people on here.

Kruez2 05-23-2010 04:35 PM

First name: Keira

Geographical location: Connecticut

Marital Status: In a Relationship

Children/Ages: 0 children

Hobbies/Interests: Video games (PC and systems), reading, watching travel channel, parties.

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May uhhh I forgot it's on my profile :P

Starting Weight: 160

Present Weight: 157

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Seeing someone elses yummy food and wanting it for myself.

Following any specific plan: Portioning and working out.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I had no motivation back then, now I do :].

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm hungry :(.

EmusGlitter 05-24-2010 03:53 AM

First name: Christine

Geographical location: Michigan

Marital Status: NOT MARRIED! :carrot: but I have the most perfect boyfriend.

Children/Ages: never

Pets: Pomeranian, Shane. He too is perfect.

Hobbies/Interests: billiards! golf, knitting/crocheting, baking, cooking, reading, playing piano, singing, youtube haha, reality TV on Bravo.

Height:5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown/ black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: not sure... since I was 8 years old maybe?

Starting Weight: 195... or should I put 153 because I gained 20 lbs in the last year.

Present Weight: 173

Goal Weight: somewhere between 120 and 135. I'm not so concerned with the number as I am with the my fitness level and my body composition.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: NUTRITION! NUTRITION! NUTRITION!

Following any specific plan: umm... eat and exercise?

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Last summer I was 20 lbs lighter and had a small taste of what it feels like to not be fat. I was still on the chubby side, but I consider 20 lbs to be significant. I know I've done it before, so I am confident I can do it again.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Sometimes I am overly blunt or sarcastic without realizing until it's too late. Please don't be offended.

SaraLee0114 05-24-2010 01:19 PM

First name: Sara

Geographical location: Iowa

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, watching TV, traveling, football

Height: 5'0

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 6th

Starting Weight: 205

Present Weight: 190.2

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Telling myself no and trying to cut out carbs and pop (WHICH I LOVE!!)

Following any specific plan: Just watching what I eat and trying to work out

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I had a miscarriage in November and I realized I need to get this weight off if I want kids

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm excitd to be here!!

elaumand 05-24-2010 05:56 PM

First name: Emily

Geographical location: Colorado

Pets: One chihuahua named Pickle

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, bowling, swimming

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Dark brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: A few months ago but just started eating better and doing P90X (Lean) over the weekend

Starting Weight: 236

Present Weight: 220

Goal Weight: 139

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating out of boredom and overcoming fast food cravings

Following any specific plan: I just started P90X (Lean) and am trying to limit carbs and just overall eat healthier (no more fast food)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm just feel ready and focused this time

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm terrified but so excited to start this journey!

Denise24 05-25-2010 05:41 PM

First name: Denise

Geographical location: Virginia - moving back to San Diego soon!

Children/Ages: 0 so far

Pets: My puppy, Daisy

Hobbies/Interests: Exercising, Art, Movies, Internet, Tennis

Eye/Hair Color: Green/ Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: On & Off since January 2010

Starting Weight: 145

Present Weight: 135

Goal Weight: 124

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking to a healthy diet - I'm used to my teenage body that could eat whatever and exercise and stay thin. Apparently my body didn't get the memo to stay that way haha

Following any specific plan: Mixing ChaLean Extreme & Turbo Jam right now while following P90X's Nutrition Plan.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm sick of hating my body and hiding behind big sweatshirts and hubby & I are planning on having kids soon.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm so glad I found a place to keep me accountable because I am really good at convincing myself that I can put my workouts off until tomorrow :sssh:

Size8Kate 05-26-2010 01:34 AM

First name: Kate

Geographical location: Texas, ma'am.

Children/Ages: No way, Jose!

Pets: None but I really want a puppy... haha

Hobbies/Interests: Film, music, theatre, choir, singing, fine arts, reading, writing, dancing, laughing, shopping, cooking, traveling.

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel eyes, brown hair.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today! 05/25/10

Starting Weight: My highest, 273

Present Weight: 267

Goal Weight: 140 (ish!)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My inability to lose weight despite a restrictive diet and a rigorous exercise program. (Explained in the next couple of questions)

Following any specific plan: Low carb, high protein, because I was recently diagnosed as insulin resistant, and my body does not metabolize carbohydrates (even "healthy" ones that are naturally in, say, fruits) normally. Also taking cinnamon supplement to help in stabilizing my insulin releases and trying to up my cardio to at least 30 minutes, 5 times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I know what's wrong with me!!! And can start to figure out the best diet so that I can start to actually lose weight.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am really excited to see what happens now that I know how to eat for my body and its problems!! It was so frustrating this last semester to work so hard to maintain an obese body weight. :D Looking forward to meeting more of you delightful 20-Somethings. :)

misstraveller 05-26-2010 03:09 PM

First name: Rebecca

Geographical location: Georgia

Marital Status: In a Relationship/Living together

Children/Ages: Not unless i can give them back to their parents!

Pets: My boyfriend's (and now mine, too i suppose) beagle mutt

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, traveling, cake decorating (i know, terrible for the wasteline!), discovering new places and cultures, playing the violin.

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1996, but this time? TODAY 26 May 2010

Starting Weight: 232

Present Weight: 189

Goal Weight: 150, but we'll see when we get there.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Indulging in good food and company, a desk job, and not being active enough.

Following any specific plan: I'm a type 2 diabetic (was diagnosed at 18...), high fiber, good GI scale foods, lots of fresh foods, not a lot of processed foods.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have diabetes and am just continuing the journey to a more healthy self. I didn't gain it all overnight and i'm certainly not going to lose it :) Oh and I wanna make it past the age of 50.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love to travel and do so frequently for work. Oh, and I love food. :) Need accountability so I'm coming back to 3FC after a 6 month break for an international relocation. Moved back to the states from Italy. Am hoping the lack of proximity to pizza and pasta will move things along more quickly!

Letabug 05-27-2010 02:58 AM

First name: Arleta

Geographical location: FPO

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: 6,5,2

Hobbies/Interests: reading, traveling, baking

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2008 (lost 40 lbs but gained all back) so started all over again May 16

Starting Weight: 220

Present Weight: 218

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: I love food, everything about it I also find myself running to the pantry when I am stressed and my life is pretty stressful with my active duty Marine husband. He does not make loosing weight easy for me. Also we are in the process of moving, I always find it hard to make time for me when we are in this transition phase hotels, traveling, vacation, and getting settled in make fast food all too easy.

Following any specific plan: I am following WW now but after our upcoming move I am considering doing a month or two of medifast after hearing rave reviews from friends.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am sick of being the way I am. I loved running last year and want to run again. I need that (running) to help me work out my stress in a more constructive way. I know this now so I think that will make everything easier.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am a college student and want to be a midwife, and for a career like that I need to be more mobile. I am getting closer to my degree and need to prepare my body for the demands.

sterbear 05-27-2010 03:57 PM

First name: Sterling (it's my actual name, promise!)

Geographical location: Spokane, Washington

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none

Pets: a black standard poodle 'Freud' & a chihuahua mix 'Annie'

Hobbies/Interests: video games, reading, writing, art, macrame, being nerdy, college, making people laugh!

Height: 5' 9''

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown & dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5.27.10

Starting Weight: 279

Present Weight: 279

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I let food 'solve' my problems, and obtain an unnerving comfort from it. I also LOVE fast food.

Following any specific plan: moderation, moderation, moderation! water, no fast food, healthier meals, smaller meals, lots of excercise!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I recently went to my doctor and got the ultimatum that if I didn't lose the weight I would have to be on high blood pressure medication. I. Am. Terrified.

Anything else you would like to share with us: looking forward to meeting new people and starting my weight loss journey! :yoga:

teddygirrl 05-27-2010 04:10 PM

First name: Elizabeth

Geographical location: Ohio

Marital Status: Married 7 years

Children/Ages: girl 6yrs, girl 3yrs, boy 1.5yr

Height: 5'4"

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today. Thurs. may 27th

Starting Weight: 139pounds

Present Weight: 139

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: the food. and lately getting out when I have a police officer husband and I have 3 kids with little help.

Following any specific plan: jog daily. or get to the gym if I can find someone to watch my kids for the hour or two.