3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   20 Something Profiles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/190309-20-something-profiles.html)

junebug41 01-09-2010 05:32 PM

20 Something Profiles

Please add your profile, so we can get to know you better. Simply copy the text below and paste it into a reply and add your information :)

First name:

Geographical location:

Marital Status:

Children/Ages:

Pets:

Hobbies/Interests:

Height:

Eye/Hair Color:

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:

Starting Weight:

Present Weight:

Goal Weight:

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:

Following any specific plan:

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:

Anything else you would like to share with us:

MiZTaCCen 01-09-2010 05:45 PM

First name: Kyla

Geographical location: Calgary Alberta

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 2 Cats, Jinx and Scruffles (They live with my grams)

Hobbies/Interests: Movies, Shopping, Tennis, Video games

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Blue/Grey

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan 1, 2010

Starting Weight: 180

Present Weight: 168

Goal Weight: 140 - 135

Following any specific plan: I'm trying to count calories and just work out. Limit my sugar in take.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time it seems to be so much harder then it was before.

angelanicole23 01-09-2010 06:26 PM

First name: Angela

Geographical location: Newfoundland, Canada

Marital Status: In a relationship

Pets: Fish :P

Hobbies/Interests: Zumba, walking, scrapbooking, dancing, playing Scabble.

Height: 5'6.5''

Eye/Hair Color: Greenish blue/ Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Started Oct 1/07

Starting Weight: 230

Present Weight: 150

Goal Weight: 142

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not a lot of support/ friends to talk about it with.

Following any specific plan: I followed weight watchers on my own..didn't join or go to any meetings. Now I just keep a close eye on my food intake and try to exercise a lot.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am finding a lot harder this time....since gaining back the tiny bit of weight to stick to what I did before. I've lost this weight already and I really know what I am supposed to be doing..just finding it a lot harder.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've already reached my goal and maintained for almost a year...up a few lbs now and would like to get rid of em.

MyPitBullSmiles 01-09-2010 11:08 PM

First name: Adelle

Geographical location: Oregon

Marital Status: Married for 4.5 years

Children/Ages: Childfree

Pets: 2 cats who allow us to live with them, 2 rescued American Pit Bull Terriers

Hobbies/Interests: Gluten Free cooking, training the dogs to do silly tricks, reading, picnics, making silly faces, whatever else is fun.

Height:5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan 5th I think

Starting Weight: 185

Present Weight: Not sure. I was down to 177 but I have a HORRIBLE cold right now and I'm refusing to weigh myself while sick! I feel bad enough!

Goal Weight: 155 I think

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Exercise is hard for me (I have fibromyalgia)

Following any specific plan: Trying out various plans before I really decide.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have never tried to lose weight before! What's different is that I'm TRYING! ha ha!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm really excited to meet you all! And I have a serious love for this little emoticon thingey :carrot:

playfullyme 01-10-2010 01:09 AM

First name: Courtney

Geographical location: Kansas

Marital Status: Married since Dec 30, 2006

Children/Ages: 2 year old princess, C

Pets: 8 fish

Hobbies/Interests: I like music a lot as well as the internet.

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan 8, 2009

Starting Weight: 330

Present Weight:330

Goal Weight:??

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: An unsupportive family and low income. It's cheaper to eat like crap. :(

Following any specific plan: Lifestyle change for me and my family. Making healthier meal choices for the whole family including more veggies and fruit, less prepackaged meals, less take out/fast food, drink water, moderation, etc.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I just have a good feeling. I have been fully engulfed in it for the last 2 days and it feels so good. I am learning a lot! I am finding support and trying to ignore negativity. Instead of making excuses I am making the right choices. Today for example, the Wii wouldn't play my workout DVD so I tried the Wii Fit and the balance board was out of batteries! So I took my happy butt to the store and I bought batteries, came right back and did 41 minutes of Wii Fit! Every other time I would have given up.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am quite excited to be here. I have no goal weight because I wanna be healthy and comfortable. If that's a size 16, I'm okay with that. If that is 150, even better! Anyways.

Wild Vulpix 01-10-2010 02:42 PM

First name: Vicky

Geographical location: Western Massachusetts

Marital Status: Unmarried, but living with boyfriend--and daddy!

Children/Ages: None.

Occupation: Full time College student majoring in Computer Science

Pets: Cockatiel named Timi

Hobbies/Interests: Video games, computers, programming, math--such a nerd!

Height: 5'0"

Eye Color: gray/brown/green
Hair Color: Light brown. Currently with highlights.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/4/10

Starting Weight: 157

Present Weight: 156.4

Goal Weight: 99lbs!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My all-or-nothing way of going about things. Weightloss has to be my number one priority, or else I'll drop it like a hat.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting. Juggling calories. I want my weekly average to be 1500-1600 per day. So most days I eat 1200, and then I have a cheat day to catch up.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Last time I only ate 1200 calories and lost almost 20lbs. But then I platued for at least two months, and slowly phased out of dieting.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm cheeeeap!

sarahlynn89 01-10-2010 03:10 PM

First name: Sarah

Geographical location: California

Marital Status: Not married, but have a wonderful boyfriend

Pets: One crazy cat!

Hobbies/Interests: Video games, reading, drawing and painting

Height: 5'3.5" ( I think the .5 makes a difference :D )

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes/Blonde hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan 2nd, 2010

Starting Weight: 163

Present Weight: 163 D:

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating out of boredom - I find myself walking to the fridge and munching on snacks in front of the fridge for no reason. I am vowing to ONLY eat while seated at the kitchen table, and, if a snack attack comes about, I am going to munch on celery

Following any specific plan: 1200-1500 calories/day, exercise 3-5 times a week

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have become more aware of my downfalls, and my determination is much stronger. Also, I saw myself from behind in a mirror the other day and... well, that was a huge inspiration to get started :fr:

Anything else you would like to share with us: I can't wait to see everyone else's weight loss journeys and to share my own!

Wonderball 01-11-2010 02:11 PM

First name: Brittany

Geographical location: West Virginia

Pets: Sadly, I don't have an since my roommate is allergic to most animals. :(

Hobbies/Interests: I love reading, hanging with friends, video games, drawing, and listening to music.

Height: 5' 5"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/ Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan 11th, 2010

Starting Weight: 158

Present Weight: 158

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love my cherry coke pop. It'll be kinda hard to give that up. :(

Following any specific plan: Yep, the Smashdiet. I'm ready for it!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am more determined and I'm ready to change my lifestyle by being more active and eating healthier (Also in smaller portions).

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm ready to get started on my weightloss journey!!!

lexieloo 01-11-2010 06:13 PM

First name: Elizabeth

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: none yet

Pets: 3 fish

Hobbies/Interests: reading. being outdoors. hopefully soon it will include working out

Height: 5'2''

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:01/11/2010

Starting Weight:257

Present Weight:257

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Gettin the motivation to do what i need to do...:o

Following any specific plan: Doing my best to watch what i eat and to exercise.

The health of myself and our want to be pregnant in the future.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm here for the long haul :)

broadwaydreamer 01-12-2010 01:15 AM

First name: Sara

Geographical location: DC

Marital Status: Engaged since August!

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: acting, singing, reading, sudoku, the beach

Height: 5'7''

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 01/08/2010

Starting Weight: 190

Present Weight: 186

Goal Weight:135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating less (smaller portions and less binging snack times)

Following any specific plan: You On A Diet food plan with workout once a day of combo walking and either weights or cardio and a twice weekly yoga class

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Really big audition in February and March and I’m just confident this time that it’s going to work.

PurplePeep 01-12-2010 06:24 PM

Geographical location: Georgia

Marital Status: married to my high school sweetie

Children/Ages: Sebastian-10 weeks

Pets: 5 cats-Twyla, Gracie, Tuxie, Gizmo & Brooklyn and a little rat terrier dog named Oscar

Hobbies/Interests: blogging, reading, scrapbooking, home decorating, beboping around to flea markets and yard sales on the weekends

Height: 4'11

Eye/Hair Color: Brown eyes, red hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: The day after my son was born! So, 10/29/09.

Starting Weight: 196

Present Weight: 159

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not getting discouraged! Right after the baby I dropped a whole bunch of weight - bam it was gone! I would really just forget to eat some days (which I know is bad) because I was so busy and stressed as a new mom. Now that things have evened out I want the loss to continue but know I need to have realistic expectations of how long it'll take me to get to my goal weight.

Following any specific plan: Just started on Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am the heaviest I have ever been. I really want to lose weight and be healthy so that I feel up to being active for my little boy. I know I'm going to need to be able to chase him around pretty soon!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm just excited to meet y'all!

minijaxgrl 01-12-2010 10:14 PM

First name: JoAna, I go by Joe or Joey

Geographical location: Missouri

Children/Ages: nope

Pets: 2 cats and 1 dog

Hobbies/Interests: MUSIC, cooking, some reading, concerts, Christmas

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Blue, Red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/13/2010

Starting Weight: 223

Present Weight: 223

Goal Weight: 128-132 (ideal body weight)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: problems with food in general

Following any specific plan: counting calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have never felt so motivated or committed. I know that I must do this before something drastic happens to my health.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm so excited about starting my new life..

IceCreamGummiCake 01-13-2010 03:45 PM

First name: Starr

Geographical location: NC

Pets: 2 1dog 1cat

Hobbies/Interests: crafts

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan 11

Starting Weight: 274.6

Present Weight: 270.3

Goal Weight: 174 mini 140 long term

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: giving up my vices [ice cream, gummies] I love to bake and cook and can't enjoy it like I use to.

Following any specific plan: Hcg

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've just had enough, cant carry it no more, and I look a hot mess for 24. NO MORE!!!!

aliquot 01-13-2010 08:46 PM

First name: Samantha

Geographical location: Florida, USA

Children/Ages: Uh no.

Pets: 2 kitties

Hobbies/Interests: Anime, sleep, school

Height: 5'5''

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1-13-09

Starting Weight: 243.5

Present Weight: 243.5

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Myself

Following any specific plan: No idea what the **** I'm doing.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm keeping a journal with 5 other friends.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nope.

chickapea 01-14-2010 04:43 PM

First name: Sandi

Geographical location: San Diego

Children/Ages: Nope

Occupation: Homemaker for now - on break from being a web developer

Pets: 2 cute and lazy little dogs

Hobbies/Interests: Shopping for purses, cooking, decorating my new home

Height: 4'10.5"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 12/2/09

Starting Weight: 155 lbs

Present Weight: 138 lbs

Goal Weight: 95 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting impatient and trying to rush my body into losing faster. It only slows my metabolism further and makes me more likely to go off plan.

Following any specific plan: Medifast - I go into a local center to get weighed in and counseling.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm paying money for the food and counseling. I have to take it seriously!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm going on a cruise to Mexico in May! I want to be confident enough to wear my first bikini on that trip.

dragonfly21 01-14-2010 06:27 PM

First name: Ranna

Geographical location: Pennsylvania

Marital Status: single

Pets:none :(

Hobbies/Interests: reading, movies, yoga

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: hazel eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: hmm..well

Starting Weight:around 170, my scale is crazy- so that's an estimate :)

Present Weight: not sure..

Goal Weight: around 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: late night eating, emotional eating, and being consistent with working out

Following any specific plan: calorie counting, working out every night

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:i've officially grown out of all my clothes and I am ready to live my life instead of waiting until I lose weight. I think I have also come to the (obvious) realization that this will not be easy. I have always looked for the quick and easy way- and I'm still overweight. Every time I read a success weight loss story- it looks like it took awhile and it was tough! The saying that has really inspired me is" Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your Hard!"

jewels05 01-15-2010 05:24 PM

First name: Jewels

Geographical location: Illinois

Marital Status: Engaged

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: wedding planning, watching movies, walking & pilates

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: blonde hair/ blue eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2 years ago, but now I am truly dedicated!

Starting Weight: 170

Present Weight: 152.4

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: not being able to do as much cardio as I would like, I had major reconstructive surgery a few years ago.

Following any specific plan: calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am getting married this summer!

Jaimie 01-15-2010 06:43 PM

First name: Jaimie

Geographical location: Michigan

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 3 dogs

Hobbies/Interests: photography, scrapbooking, reading, writing

Height: 5' 6"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue Eyes, Pink Hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Tuesday, January 11th, 2010

Starting Weight: 290

Present Weight: 281.5

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: eating for any other reason than to nourish myself

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

missyRxOx 01-16-2010 11:34 PM

First name: Irene

Geographical location: Vancouver, BC

Marital Status: in a relationship :)

Children/Ages: haha none of those, yet!

Pets: one crazy chihuahua!

Hobbies/Interests: reading, traveling, driving, taking quiet walks with my dog, having interesting conversations

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: eye colour: hazel, sometimes just green; hair colour: dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: back at it, on January 12, 2010.. starting my new years resolution early!

Starting Weight: 202lb :( unfortunately.. never been over 198... don't know how it got to that! (maybe all the late night eating?)

Present Weight: successfully lost 5lbs and kept it off, for not even a week now!

Goal Weight: according to my BMI, 155 would be a healthy weight for me, but I think between 155 - 165 is great with me :)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: hitting that plateau... and somethings not being able to push past it.. so you just give up! ughh too many times with me

Following any specific plan: calorie counting!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i'm being STRICT about it, and preparing all my food/snacks the night before to take with me to school or work! plus I want to go see my family in Greece this summer, and finally be able to go there and not be so nervous about showing my body.. and I wanna show my family a NEW ME!

Anything else you would like to share with us: this site is awesome for support so far!!

booker81 01-17-2010 08:48 AM

First name: Jen

Geographical location: Michigan

Children/Ages: Daughter, 2 y/o

Pets: Dog - Yellow Lab , Haley

Hobbies/Interests: Hunting and fishing, reading

Height: 5' 10"

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time - Jan 16th

Present Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Food!!!

Following any specific plan: Eating better, working out more

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Wii fun! Easier to exercise!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have a genetic disorder (Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome) that's causing most of my joints to dislocate. I have always had problems with structured workouts, because if I pass that line, then I fall to bits. It's too hard to explain to a physical therapist or trainer, and I've had additional damage done by them. I do see a rheumatologist every three months, and probably will for life.

BellaLucia 01-17-2010 09:07 AM

First name: Okiemute

Birthdate: 7/9/1983

Geographical location: Bowie, MD

Children/Ages: No kids

Siblings: 2

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Reading romance novels, reading weight loss magazines and tabloids. I love watching sports and I love reading my Bible.

Religion: Catholic

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1-2-2010

Starting Weight: 327

Present Weight: 317

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Looking in the mirror and regretting letting myself blow up. In other words, regret about the past.

Following any specific plan: South Beach Diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am not going to grad. school or any other type of school being fat.

Anything else you would like to share with us? I am a 26yr old virgin who's never had a serious b/f. Hope to change when I feel more comfy about my weight.

SpoonSockSpork12 01-17-2010 05:01 PM

First name: You can call me Met :)

Geographical location: Indiana for awhile

Marital Status: Unmarried but I have a great boyfriend

Occupation
: PhD Student

Pets: A black lab living with my parents

Hobbies/Interests
: The weather--it's what I study and all I really have time for!

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown for both

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Haha, well *this* particular journey is beginning today, otherwise "Since I was 13" would be more accurate.

Starting Weight: 180

Present Weight
: 180

Goal Weight: 130 or less

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Food lover

Trying to combine WW with South Beach

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Heaviest weight so far, grad school makes things more difficult than college did.

Anything else you would like to share with us
: I carry my weight well and always have, so it's been hard to get that "omg I'm so fat" motivation to get started. My friends are always surprised when I tell them my actual weight, because I don't *look* "that big".

a cheal 01-17-2010 11:01 PM

First name: Ashley

Geographical location: Chilliwack, BC, Canada

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 1 dog, Prudence

Hobbies/Interests: Cooking, Baking, Pilates, Camping, Reading

Height: 5'9

Eye/Hair Color: Green eyes, Brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 16th 2009

Starting Weight: 297

Present Weight: 225

Goal Weight: 168

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Understanding how many calories I need to consume to keep losing weight safely and to keep it off for good.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm determined to lose the weight for good. I'm not following fad diets but rather trying to make permenant lifestyle changes that will allow me to keep the weight off for good.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm really hoping to make some good friends on here that I can share my weight loss achievements with and to get the encouragement I need to stick to my goals as well as help encourage other girls to stick to their weight loss plans as well.

BostonDietDiva 01-18-2010 12:20 PM

First name: Rebecca

Geographical location: Boston, MA

Pets: 2 male roommates...

Hobbies/Interests: food :)

Height: 5'3

Eye/Hair Color: brown, red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: today :carrot:

Starting Weight: 214

Present Weight: 214

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: my love of chocolate

Following any specific plan: week one: raw food only

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I plan to keep a blog of my progress. I hope this will make me more accountable to myself.

jmfan317 01-18-2010 04:35 PM

First name: Ashley

Geographical location: Las Vegas, NV

Children/Ages: Zero

Pets: 1 Cat Stripper

Hobbies/Interests: Singing, Dancing

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: Brown Eyes/Black Hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:1/1/10

Starting Weight:175 lbs

Present Weight:170 lbs

Goal Weight:140 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Eating junk and eating late

Following any specific plan:Portion control

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:Watching what I eat and not eating past 9 pm

Colleen923 01-18-2010 09:07 PM

First name: Colleen

Geographical location: Sacramento, CA

Marital Status: Single (there should be a better term for those of us who are in a relationship, not yet engaged...cause I'm not really single!:D:D)

Pets: The cutest great dane named Dana, 1 bengal kitty named Teka

Hobbies/Interests: Snowboarding, knitting, movies

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: brown and brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/1/2010

Starting Weight: 158

Present Weight: 154.8

Goal Weight: 130-135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: sticking with it

Following any specific plan: calorie counting for right now

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: It's been 2 years....I'm over being fat! It's been two summers I didn't feel comfortable in anything, I'm not doing it again

pkgirl 01-19-2010 12:36 AM

First name: Rashell

Geographical location: Australia

Pets: 1 Kitten named Casper (She is white)

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Movies and Music

Height: 6 foot

Eye/Hair Color: Eyes Blue/Hair Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1st January

Starting Weight: 95kgs

Present Weight: 91kgs

Goal Weight: 65kgs (or close to)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Following any specific plan: Diet mainly

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have motivation this time around.

Anything else you would like to share with us: nothing that I can think of

sappy 01-19-2010 03:40 AM

First name: Shirley

Geographical location: USA South

Children/Ages: Son age 2 1/2

Pets: Outside dog

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, REading and spending time with my lil man

Eye/Hair Color:green/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today

Starting Weight: 228.2

Present Weight: 228.2

Goal Weight: 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating loads of junk/fast food and eating way to late.

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers, doing 30 day shred

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is the biggest I have ever been and it is literally depressing me. I have always been able to lose the weight and right after I had my son I lost 34 pds and had only gained 14 during pregnancy but somewhere over the last 2 years I allowed myself to gain it back.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I don't guess. :)

CamCam 01-19-2010 05:07 AM

First name: Nikki

Geographical location: Australia

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Movies/TV, Wii!

Height: 161cm (5'3")

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 01/01/2010

Starting Weight: 117 kgs (257 lbs)

Present Weight: 104 kgs (229 lbs)

Goal Weight: 57 kgs (125 lbs)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Myself and my excuses

Following any specific plan: Joined a gym, got a personal trainer, eating better

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Seeing myself in the pictures from my dream holiday with my fake smile and extra pounds have inspired me to never feel that way about myself ever again..

Anything else you would like to share with us: I think I am finally in the right place emotionally to succeed at this and I look forward to have like-minded people to share the experience with.

squishysquirrel 01-19-2010 10:13 AM

Hey all!

First name: Crystal

Geographical location: Alabama

Marital Status: In a relationship (planning to elope in July)

Hobbies/Interests: Medicine, anime, movies, music, hiking, white water rafting, gaming, Hoarders, cooking, cooking, and more cooking

Height: 5' 4.5"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 13, 2010

Present Weight: 185

Goal Weight: 120-130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Get bored with exercise or using excuses like interviews to give up on exercise and dieting

Following any specific plan: 1200-1400 calories/day, exercise 5-6 X per week, strength training

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: In the past I have lost weight because I wanted a guy to love me more or be thrilled that I was smaller. This is the first time I'm losing weight for myself. My boyfriend is completely ok with my current size, but I want to get healthy so that I won't have problems when I'm older. My mom was morbidly obese and after gastric bypass and now being just over her ideal body weight, she has hypertension, borderline diabetes, and is a survivor of breast cancer. She also has chronic back pain with several surgeries, knee pain with resultant surgery, and GERD. All of these diseases are associated with being overweight or obese, and I don't want to live like she does because she was overweight or obese nearly all her life. Now is the time to prevent these preventable diseases and just happen to look better in a two-piece this summer. :-)

I'm currently during upper body and lower body strength training on alternating days, but I'm plannin on starting Chalean Extreme on February 14. Anybody out there want to join me? :carrot:

aasshhlleeyy 01-20-2010 03:43 AM

getting to know me

First name:
Ashley
Geographical location:
California
Marital Status:
married
Children/Ages:
one 21 month little girl
respiratory therapy student
Pets:
not at the moment
Hobbies/Interests:
spending time with hubby, daughter, friends and family. newly adopted hobby exercise
Height:
5'7"
Eye/Hair Color:
green/med brown & blonde
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:
01/15/2010
Starting Weight:
Present Weight:
Goal Weight:
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
emotional eating, procrastination
have a personal trainer that's kickin my butt
idk I guess I just realized it's time

blowstuffup 01-20-2010 04:30 PM

First name:Jenni

Geographical location:Southwest Michigan

Children/Ages: None yet

Pets: 1 dog (chalmers), 2 cats (Kevin and Bellatrix)

Hobbies/Interests: Swimming, Scrapbooking, Dancing, Cooking

Height: 5'7''

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Dec 28th 2009

Starting Weight:165

Present Weight: Ditched the scale for a while...

Goal Weight:140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: eating right, my husband is a stick who eats junk and tries to feed it to me...

Following any specific plan: Doing Insanity workouts and counting calories...

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Its the biggest I've ever been. I used to be very athletic and now all that muscle has turned to flab. And my husband and I eloped so we are having a second big family wedding later this year...so I have a second white dress to fit into.

Anything else you would like to share with us: not that I can think of.

BeatnikMama 01-21-2010 08:29 PM

First name:Kate

Geographical location:Iowa

Marital Status:married

Children/Ages:Maddox-3 , Lola-1

Pets:2 dogs Marley and Reznor

Hobbies/Interests:LOVE reading, little writing

Height:5'10

Eye/Hair Color:blue eyes/dark blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:january 1st {cliche, i know}

Starting Weight:200

Present Weight:195

Goal Weight:135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:giving up soda and fast food

Following any specific plan:cleaning up my diet and cardio

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I'm dedicated to being healthy for myself and children.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Go me!!! And go you!!!:p

Daisy May 01-23-2010 05:12 PM

First name (if you want to tell): Lisa

Geographical location: Sydney, Australia

Pets: 2 cats and 1 crazy dog

Hobbies/Interests: Music, going to gigs, traveling & watching footy

Height: 165cm not sure what that is in feet?

Eye/Hair Color: Eye-- Green, Hair Light Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 2010

Starting Weight: 103kg

Present Weight: 103

Goal Weight: 70kg

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Stayin focused and on track. Realising that these changes are for life, not just for now!

Following any specific plan: My own, which is; Portion control, Exercise at least 30 mins, 5 times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Have admitted to myself that yes i am fat, i am overweight and the only way this will change is by me taking action!

Anything else you would like to share with us: always up for a chat! looking for email buddies too!

elliebear 01-23-2010 07:24 PM

First name: Ellie

Geographical location:Bristol, England

Marital Status:married

Children/Ages: 3 girls 11yrs 8yrs 17mths

Pets:1 girl cat, 1 blond girl Yorkie, 1 girl shorkie

Hobbies/Interests:gardening,t.v,reading,socialising

Height:5ft 2ins

Eye/Hair Color:eyes blue, hair brunette

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:4Th January 2010

Starting Weight:16st 9.5lbs

Present Weight:16st 4lbs

Goal Weight:9st 12lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: emotional/boredom hunger & motivating myself to exercise

Following any specific plan: weightwatchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:hopefully i'm now ready to stick to the plan for a healthy future !

mandy k 01-25-2010 03:42 AM

First name: Mandy

Geographical location: Charleston, SC

Marital Status: Married for three years

Children/Ages: Madilyn, 2 years and Molly Grace, 5 Weeks

Pets: 2 dogs-Forrest and Penny

Hobbies/Interests: Mommy-ing is about all I have time for these days.

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan. 2010

Present Weight: 185

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: TIME-with 2 babies it's hard to fit in exercise and meal planning

Following any specific plan: I just bought Alli today-the thought of possibly $h^tting myself i(apparantly this is a side effect if you don't stick to the plan?) is enough to force me to make time for meal planning!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: It's not just about me anymore. My girls don't deserve to struggle with weight and confidence like I have. If I don't create healthy habits for my family now, they will have a hard time in the future.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I look forward to the support system here at 3FC!!! :)

Kapo 01-25-2010 04:11 AM

First name: Jen

Geographical location: New Zealand

Children/Ages: Daughter 2 years old

Pets: 3 cats, all nuts, 1 indian ringneck parakeet with an attitude problem.

Hobbies/Interests: Art, music, books

Height: is it totally weird that I don't know? I guess I must be around 5'6".

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, brown hair (most of the time)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today!!! again. 25 Jan 10

Starting Weight: 227lb

Present Weight: 227lb

Goal Weight: 155lb

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My binge eating disorder

Following any specific plan: More calories in than out!!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Trying to tackle binge eating disorder, reading books about the subject and getting practical advice rather than trying to fight it and getting discouraged.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Hmmmm....... nope.

ChrisForLess 01-25-2010 09:17 PM

First name: Chris

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status: never married

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets: one fat cat named Mia

Hobbies/Interests: reading, writing, cooking, composing music, video games

Height: 5' 10"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel / Brown (with a red beard)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 23, 2010

Starting Weight: 232

Present Weight: 232

Goal Weight: 182

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not gaining it all back once I lose it. I have actually done this before a little over a year ago.

Following any specific plan: Ideal Protein Diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Actually finishing all 4 steps in the IP plan, and learning to keep the weight off

Anything else you would like to share with us: I never thought I could miss Burger King so much. =]

rainbowstripe 01-27-2010 12:45 AM

Geographical location: New Zealand

Marital Status: Been with my amazing boyfriend nearly 2 years.

Children/Ages: Eck. None.

Occupation: Artist. Practitioner of cute. Part-time retail assistant.

Pets: A huge cat called Moo.

Hobbies/Interests: Art, film, literature, anime, sleeping.

Height: 5'1

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel-ish green-ish eyes, reddish brown hair.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 2008, took a break, restarted November 2009. Serious about it from now.

Starting Weight: 93kg

Present Weight: 82kg

Goal Weight: 60kg (ish)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Food. Most things I love are not good for me. Also sticking to exercise!

Following any specific plan: Approximate calorie watching, portion control, healthy food. Varying exercise dvds, getting active everyday. Wii Fit!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have more support. Boyfriend is backing me. I am more serious about it.

ChasGirl180 01-28-2010 08:31 AM

Hi! I am Lauren...and I am ready to start my journey!

First name: Lauren

Geographical location: Charleston, SC

Marital Status: Single, but with the same, wonderful man for over 3 years :hug:

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, cooking, movies

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes/dark blond hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan 22nd, 2010

Starting Weight: 260:ink:

Present Weight: 255

Goal Weight: 200:)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Food Choices--I work strange hours so sometimes, there is no choice but a gas station or waffle house. I have started bringing my own food, which is a huge help both health-wise and financially.

Following any specific plan: Lower caloric intake, increase exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I need do get my blood pressure down. I don't want to be 25 and on high blood pressure medicine!