Old 12-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/125

Height: 4'11

Default ok so am i crazy for deciding this. probafreakingbly

Ive been around this site for years ....Always "ready" to finally lose the weight. and always failing at it. Well this time i didnt come on here and say im going to do this and that and hope that would make me follow through. This time im following through already and now im posting about my journey. I Linda am training for a marathon. I weigh about 190 right now. and to be honest im hella scared. Im scared ill give up , im scared i wont but ill still fail, im scared of what it would be like to be thin, cause ive never known, im scared of it changing the relationship i have with my bf. I am scared no one believes me, or supports me. But mainly im scared of my own limitations. I started running dec.1st. i ran one mile and almost died ha ha. and all that first week i ran a mile every night. but it got easier . where i was winded the first time i wasnt the third time, and where i was winded the third time i wasnt the fifth time. This week is mile 2 week. and well its hard. im always sore, my feet ache when i run, im tired. But i feel amazing after. That i did it! that im not letting myself give up ...FOR once. Today is my last day for 2 miles, and monday i start 3 and im super scared! lol. super duper. Im going to come here for motivation, and to motivate. I will keep myself accountable. I will get to 26.2 k by june. I just have to believe.
freeqeegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #2  
19Deltawifey

Trust me I understand Ive been trying to lose weight forever and Im slowly finding myself slowly losing, again. Its hard to say if I will finally succeed at losing this weight but what I realized is it doen't hurt to try even if it is your 2nd or 3rd or 20th attempt. Persistance will eventually pay off whether its this year or the next or years from now I do believe that one day I will succeed. Just try to stay positive and keep trying eventually you will succeed
Old 12-11-2009, 02:08 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I wish you the best of luck! Wow a FULL marathon! I'm not a runner but don't most people start out with 5ks and then half marathons and work their way up? Maybe in the meantime you can also sign up for a few 5ks and a half marathon- just to help?
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:24 PM   #4  

yeah i plan on doing a half marathon in april to make sure im on the right track lol . its just my ultimate goal if a full marathon!
Old 12-11-2009, 02:31 PM   #5  
Workin' It

Look for one of the marathon training programs online, I think they have them for different fitness levels. Good luck, and be careful.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #6  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

No it's not crazy (well, yes it is, but it's not at the same time). That's exactly how I started for the final time with the weight loss, only mine was a 5k. But really I decided to focus on becoming a runner and let the weight fall where it may. As you can see it's worked out pretty well for me.

Good luck!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

You're doing great!

And I want to say that I'm starting training for a marathon this May, and I'm so nervous about it! I've done a 5k race, and thats it!

You can do this!!
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:15 PM   #8  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Not at all, girl. You *CAN* do this. I never thought I could lose weight until I did, either -- it's all about having faith and working at it one day at a time.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:13 PM   #9  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

You marathon ladies are inspirational. I need to commit to it but I'm afraid of failing as well. I've seen people go from 0 to 26.2 in less than a year before, too--you can do this!!! That you've taken the first step is so amazing and admirable to me in and of itself.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:17 PM   #10  

ha ha i was seriously just telling myself to get off the couch and get dressed for my run....and i was fighting myself cause i wanna sit here lazy! ha ha THANKS LADIES! your comments made me get up...ima going!