3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Today I am THANKFUL for... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/186873-today-i-am-thankful.html)

HeatherMcG 11-22-2009 10:15 AM

Today I am THANKFUL for...

Today I am thankful for losing 56 lbs and living new habits that will give me a longer, healthier life. :D

I am also thankful for my wonderful husband. He means everything to me and I don't know where I would be without him!

What are you thankful for? It does not have to be weight loss related! With Thanksgiving this week, I always like to take the time to reflect on all the things I have been blessed with since I tend to spend most of my time complaining about what I DON'T have. :o

InControl2Day 11-22-2009 10:17 AM

What a great thread :D

I am thankful for
* My family, my boyfriend, my friends
* My health, my life, my happiness
* My newfound lifestyle
* This forum and its lovely ladies :D

PammyFl 11-22-2009 11:34 AM

Im thankful for alot of things....
My health
My family
My loving bf
All of you guys!!!
My willpower to have lost 84lbs :carrot:

junebug41 11-22-2009 11:51 AM

I am thankful for:
-a cozy home
-love in that home
-a husband that I can just sit on the couch with and spend an entire evening giggling, just like I did when we first met.

redliss7 11-22-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junebug41 (Post 3021624)
-a husband that I can just sit on the couch with and spend an entire evening giggling, just like I did when we first met.

Awwww! I just wanted to point out how adorable that is.:D

Today I am thankful for:
My amazing family
Wonderful friends
My mentor and rowing coach
My precious savior

cormandy62442 11-22-2009 02:09 PM

Today I am thankful for:

The best friends I could ever hope for, who have my back to matter what. <3

kuhrisuh 11-22-2009 03:07 PM

Today I am thankful for all the new lives coming into my family this year and next!

I am also thankful for all the lives already IN my family and for my wonderful, made-for-me bf and his family!

Today I am thankful for my health & my body.

And I'm thankful for all of you!

I could go on & on... :):):)

kuhrisuh 11-22-2009 03:12 PM

Today I am thankful for all the new lives coming into my family this year and next!

I am also thankful for all the lives already IN my family and for my wonderful, made-for-me bf and his family!

Today I am thankful for my health & my body.

And I'm thankful for all of you!

I could go on & on... :):):)

stellarosa27 11-22-2009 08:28 PM

Today I am very thankful for my friends - I would not have gotten through the past year and a half without them.

I love my family, but they're where all the problems were coming from :p

Thighs Be Gone 11-22-2009 08:34 PM

Today I am thankful for my home.

angee phalangee 11-22-2009 09:10 PM

Today I am thankful for:

my willpower
the people in my life who support and cheer me on
my health and good fortunes
60 calorie pudding cups

angelanicole23 11-22-2009 09:27 PM

I am thankful for

- warmth and flannel PJ's
- love
- my ability to maintain my weightloss (give or take 5lbs) for the past year
- my kids at work (daycare)..they keep me humble and teach me something new every day.
- my mom (raised four children) on her own
-Peanut butter and chocolate...and when put together I'm even more thankful.

I have lots to be thankful..I could write a book..ok so short story..lol

utgirl09 11-23-2009 12:28 AM

I am thankful for my wonderful family and my great friends!

mateosmama2005 11-23-2009 01:31 AM

Today I am thankful for: My beautiful son, my wonderful boyfriend, for having a roof over our heads, and food :)

Skyra 11-23-2009 02:13 AM

- I am thankful for having a healthy body -- maybe not weight-wise, but I don't have any illnesses and I can work out really hard
- I'm thankful for my wonderful roommates, who are so good to me
- I'm thankful for meditation
- Um...and... I love bananas

stargzr 11-23-2009 03:58 PM

Today I am thankful for:
-Gym membership, without which I wouldn't be able to run on a treadmill, work on the elliptical, and lift weights at the same place.
-My physical abilities, walking, running, sitting, everything!
- My husband, who is eternally corny just when he needs to be in order to make me smile and for his constant support.
-My husband's grandparents, they are older (88 & 90) and still around. They have considered me their granddaughter from the beginning and are just wonderful people whom I love to be around.
-My step-dad, for taking care of my mom.
-My car, for getting me where I need to go and almost being paid off! :)

There are so many more things, but these are what are the biggest right now. Thanks for the thread, btw. It's nice to remind ourselves what we have that's just wonderful!

stellarosa27 11-23-2009 06:07 PM

Today I am thankful for my ability to curse out other drivers under my breathe instead of yelling it out the window when they forget how to drive in the rain.

Thighs Be Gone 11-23-2009 06:23 PM

That my hubby and I are in love after all these years.

cathydoe 11-23-2009 06:58 PM

That for dinner we ate PLAIN turkey breast, broccoli and brown rice! It tasted great, I am full and VERY proud of myself!!

Cathy

angee phalangee 11-23-2009 08:37 PM

TODAY I am grateful for chewing gum...without which I would not have gotten through today without eating 1000 calories between meals.

Lori259 11-23-2009 08:56 PM

I am thankful for:
My Husband Of nearly 17 years.

Our 3 beautiful children.

For us both quitting smoking.
(I nearly have 2 years in~he has several months in!!)

For him quitting drinking & Chewing skoal.
(he has been sober over a year & clean from all tobacco product for several months now!)

For 90 pounds of weight lost as of TODAY!!! 11-23-09
(in a little over a year counting calories~1 year & 12 days)

3fatchicks as a support System & having great friends on here!

I am thankful My kids will have a nice meal again this year For thanksgiving & I pray everyone has food this year for the holidays.

I am thankful For my life.

I am thakful for all everyone should be thankful for~There is so many things....big & Small.

Lori259 11-23-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone (Post 3023247)
That my hubby and I are in love after all these years.

SO SWEET THIGHS~ I FEEL THE SAME WITH MY HUBBY~Glad to see marriages do last for years still~You & your hubby with 17 years in & me & my Hubby with 16 & 3/4 LOL~Almost 17 years in....Still In love & still going strong~Were 2 couples meant to be.

JMC885 11-23-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori259 (Post 3023438)
For 90 pounds of weight lost as of TODAY!!! 11-23-09
(in a little over a year counting calories~1 year & 12 days)

HOLY CRAP! CONGRATULATIONS! That is amazing

Lori259 11-24-2009 10:05 PM

Thanks so much JMC!!!

Ashbee 11-25-2009 08:48 AM

I am thankful for:

Food, Clean Drinking Water, & a Roof over my head ... which puts me better off than 30-45% of the world :(

A wonderful fiance who is my best friend, treats me like a princess, and is the only person who will play scrabble with me (I'm an English major :lol:)

A healthy family with loads of personalities and problems ... but mine all the same :)

God who shows his love for us every day

The ability to go to school and get an education

And a million other things ... Sorry it's so long, I'm just in a thankful mood I guess :)

:thanks2:

twobluebirds24 11-25-2009 02:17 PM

I'm thankful for my sweet family, for more blessings than I can count, for the opportunities I've been given. And I'm thankful to have started on this new way of life and be headed toward so much more than I've had.

BoobsNotBombs 11-25-2009 11:59 PM

I'm thankful for my wonderful family, who was and is there for each other every moment after my grandmother's very recent passing. I'm thankful that my granny went peacefully, that she didn't die of a long debilitating disease...and that she was home...and not alone...and talking to the grandson she alone raised until her last breath. I'm thankful she had so many people in this family to be proud of, despite any shortcomings and disappointments in her life. I'm thankful I got to know her, and that we were so close. I'm thankful she helped raise me. I'm thankful a part of her is in me forever. I'm thankful the love of my life got to meet her a few months ago, that he got to know her before she died.

I'm thankful that I'm beginning my weight loss journey. It makes me proud of myself to know that I am eating healthier and taking steps to get to a healthier, sexier, happier me. I'm thankful that all of my failed attempts have only been learning tools, and that this time will be it.

I'm thankful for my love, my boyfriend, who is so wonderful and kind and faithful and loving and precious to me.

I'm thankful to be here, living, with the chance to make each day better than the last.

Lackie 11-26-2009 10:00 AM

I am thankful for the turkey in the oven and the food on my table. I am also thankful for my hubs job and that I can go to school without having to work 2 jobs. :) I am very thankful for all the people that I love and that love me.

vy427 11-26-2009 02:01 PM

I'm thankful for my family. The holidays are rough this year because of my brother's recent passing. But once I got home- we cried together and talked to each other and it made it so much better. My mom for sabotaging my diet (well, not really but that's how she's showing her love and I'm working on this with her, lol). My dad loves me so much and encourages me to do well in school to be a good nurse. I've made it this far because of his support. My uncle for getting me a new car.

I'm thankful for school going well. I know it feels like
I'm in so much pain right now and life is about to really get crazy when finals come in two weeks but I really do feel thankful that I'm very enthusiastic about my future career. One of my nursing friends told me that what I'm doing is paying tribute to my brother's life and I'm going to hang on to that.

I'm thankful for my health and for this weight loss journey that's moving along, even though it's going slowly now that school is so busy. But I've never been this fit and have never liked running until recently.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

UrthWurm 11-27-2009 04:50 AM

Today I am thankful for:

My family
My friends
My lover
My happiness
My health
My strength to overcome. :goodvibes

Thighs Be Gone 11-27-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori259 (Post 3023449)
SO SWEET THIGHS~ I FEEL THE SAME WITH MY HUBBY~Glad to see marriages do last for years still~You & your hubby with 17 years in & me & my Hubby with 16 & 3/4 LOL~Almost 17 years in....Still In love & still going strong~Were 2 couples meant to be.

Right back "atcha" Lori! So heartwarming to know you guys feel the same. In this fast paced, money driven/stuff driven world--in the end I just want my hubby and my kids all cuddled up beside me.

I am thankful to day for my fantastic Thanksgiving yesterday. I am also thankful that I wasn't tempted to do any "black Friday" shopping. As I sit here now I can think of nothing in the world I need! I am so thankful that my heart and my mind are TRULY THANKFUL!

I am also thankful that my hubby found $20 on the ground yesterday. :) We spent it the way God wanted us to as well!