Old 11-11-2009, 05:37 PM   #1  
one day at a time...

S/C/G: 264/264/180

Height: 64"

Default Guilty Feeling

Today for lunch my co-worker and I went to Carls Jr. I was soooo close to getting a chicken sandwich with fries then this guilty feeling came over me. It was like I was doing a horrible thing, my conscious told me that I knew better and I ended up getting a salad. It has been about three weeks since I had had any fast food.

I am pretty proud of myself for not giving into temptation!!!

Anybody else feel guilty after eating a certain food or even thinking about eating a bad food?
heidiruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

That happens to me a lot. In fact, sometimes I think it happens too much. I live on campus so I eat in the cafeteria with my friends for all my meals and I am always SO tempted just to take one of their fries, or to eat just one slice of pizza. Just writing about it now makes me feel guilty! But it feels so much better to resist temptation than the fry or cookie or what have you could ever taste (in my mind, at least)!
effie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/246/110

Height: 5'3"

Yay that's a big step! Believe me I know lol I always felt guilty when I went to eat at chinese buffet places. I would go crazy like if I was never gona eat again lol almost wanted to give it up BUT since I started counting my calories I make sure my 1st plate is a big salad or lots of vegies so that when I do eat something not as healthy I won't eat as much of it? I think its ok to treat youself once in a while just as long as u stick to the plan the next day and you wouldn't feel deprived....
cherry7211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #4  
Fit by Spring Break!

S/C/G: 235/211/150

Height: 5'7"

Pizza is my stepping stone back into bad eating habits.

I bought some pretty low fat frozen pizzas yesterday and I heated up one...a serving size is 1/3 of the pizza for 290 calories, and that's about 2 large slices, so it's definitely enough to make me feel full...but then I went in and had another piece (another 145 calories) and I knew I wouldn't stop...and before long I would have eaten the whole thing for a whopping 870 calories ...so before I did that I threw it down the garbage disposal.

I just know that I can't have pizza. Plain and simple.
MathGirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:07 PM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Wow! Great decision!!

To me, one of the fundamentals of success in losing weight AND then keeping it off is a series of better decisions....made one at a time...but adding up. At some point I'm sure I'll be able to "afford" a meal like that but right now it just means taking longer to lose.

I really did think about it and it's not feeling guilty, though. It's more about having the control back to turn the tempting food down in favor of something healthier.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:15 PM   #6  
Courtney

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/154

Height: 5'6 Age: 29

Yay, good for you!!

I have the guilty feeling, but it goes a little bit further than that for me... if I eat a fry, I get a chest pain... it's like my body saying, HEY don't feed me that anymore. It mostly happens with fried foods and for the most part I've stayed away from them. I know it's a mind game, I'm not so unhealthy that I'm gonna have a heart attack tomorrow, but it still freaks me out sometimes. :/
cormandy62442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:36 PM   #7  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

Better feeling guilty BEFORE than AFTER!

lol
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/181.5/140

Height: 5'9"

Why does pizza have to be so darn tasty?

My parents came in for a (surprise) visit last night, and had the entire family meeting up at a pizza place for dinner. I had a few hours notice of this, so I was trying to find some way to make eating pizza OK in my mind. I pulled up some nutrition info, tallied up what I had already eaten in the day, and decided that I could have ONE piece of pizza. Knowing how I am though, I would have had at least three. So rather than mess up what little progress I've made so far, I opted to eat my dinner at home before heading out.

Whoever can go into a pizza joint and have three (delicious) pizzas floating around the table (not to mention the beer and breadsticks!), and only have ONE slice, is a saint. I salute you.
Biddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:36 PM   #9  
one day at a time...

S/C/G: 264/264/180

Height: 64"

its just so hard temptation is a real pain in the rear. Pizza is a really hard one for me just like fries I absolutely love them and for me to say no is a really big step so I am proud of myself and also proud of all of you ladys who said no and didnt make a bad choice!!!
heidiruth is offline   Reply With Quote