Old 10-30-2009, 08:39 AM   #1  
Chrissy

S/C/G: 165/153/135

Height: 5"6

Unhappy I made a BIG Oops last night...

Hello and Good Morning!

I just wanted to come on in the morning and kind of 'vent' I guess... last night I had a wonderful and low fat dinner planned out for me and the family until..... my loving cat knocked me down the stairs. So there I was, unable to move (or exercise) and I asked my fiancee to make the family dinner. I laid in bed (with my ice pack) and wondered why dinner was taking so long, but since I was too sore to ask I just waited and waited until my wonderful man came in.. with the *biggest* bag of Taco Bell I have ever seen! He didn't know what I wanted so he bought one of almost everything I have ever ate. I won't go into details but I will say I ate more than 500 calories over what I had planned for the day... needless to say today I am not feeling too peppy... any ideas on how to bounce back>? or a really good butt kicking exercise routine? At this point I could prob run a marathon and still not burn all those calories but it never hurts to try.

If anything I hope everyone else's night seems better! hehehe!

*~Chrissy~*
ChristineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:47 AM   #2  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Well, accidents will happen (no pun intended). Just take it for what it was... an off night... and pick right back up with your healthy eating. It won't make that much of a difference in your life, anyways. A small blip on the radar, if you will. And don't be down on yourself!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

What I want to know is how your cat knocked you down the stairs? lol

Just eat a big lower calories today, and do a good work out. It'll even out eventually!
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #4  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Last night I only had 9 weight watchers points left...and my bf took me out to dinner at rainforest cafe and I ate fried shrimp and french fries and a couple ribs and then afterwords we went ice skating and he bought me a pretzle...

I probably went 2000 calories over what I should have..lol...but I guess I figure I had a good time and it's okay to occasionally splurge...

any weight that you've gained back, you already lost once so you know you can do it...it just might take you a week longer to reach goal. I think sometimes, that extra week is worth it =D
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:51 AM   #5  

Height: 5'11

I think you need to splurge now and again it makes us feel NORMAL and not feel like a boring dieter living off of veggies and chicken. You have to learn to manage your mistakes and just eat a little less the next day and push yourself that much harder on your workouts. You have to learn to LIVE not to just survive and you cant live on a strict diet all your life so a little bit of taco bell never hurt anyone
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:19 PM   #6  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Oh, just dust yourself off and get back on the weight loss wagon. There really is nothing else you can do about it, what's done is done, time to look ahead.

and this whole week has been a big oops for me, so you're not alone!!
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Not that big of an "oops" really! Even if you went 500 calories over your maintenance level, that's only 1/7 a pound of fat. And you said you went about 500 calories over your weight loss calories... so maybe that puts you right around maintenance. So, you didn't lose any weight yesterday... you'll lose 0.14 pounds less this week... not a huge deal as long as it doesn't become a pattern.

Now, if you weigh yourself today or tomorrow, you might see a nasty jump on the scale, due to water retention from all that sodium. But you didn't just undo weeks of work in one night or anything.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/234/150

Height: 5'7"

100% agree with mayness!
2 days ago I weighed myself and I had reached my monthly goal BUT that night I was going to dinner at my favourite seafood/french restaurant that is closing for good, so as excited as I was for reaching my goal I knew I was not going to deprive myself at dinner because this was the last time.
So after splurrrging on buttery sauces and risotto and potato and lord knows what else I was dreading my friday weigh in.
After a good work out yesterday and eating my set calories (NOT cutting them down) I'm right at goal!
I fully believe that even after splurging/binging you should definitely not cut back your calories. Just bump up your burn!
nicollem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5 ft 3ish

I had chipotle last night as my first big after the stomach virus meal and have been regretting it all day. I did NOT go over my calories. But my ulcer is very very mad at me. I'm envious of you going over your calories and not being in pain! Not very helpful though, LOL

Last edited by HeaterAS; 10-30-2009 at 02:54 PM.
HeaterAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:55 AM   #10  

Height: 5'2

Look @ it dis way, its not an everyday thing... It was once in a very blue moon so don't dwell on it just bounce right back to healthy eating...
size8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

I second the "How did your cat knock you down the stairs?" Inquiring minds want to know!!!
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote