Old 10-10-2009, 11:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 234.3 / 232.6 / 130

Height: 5'3"

Default Yet another chick with bad man luck

Ok guys, I'm frustrated, I'm moody, and I want to binge. This is because I'm cursed with guys, definitely an emotional eater at heart, and I know for a fact that there's a family sized bag of Ruffles in the kitchen and a carton of chocolate swirl in the freezer. But look where I am instead! I'm NOT in the kitchen with my hand in the figurative (or literal, for that matter) cookie jar.

I was engaged when I was in college, and when that relationship ended some 5 and a half years ago, I've totally been cursed with guys. Back then, I had a year left in college in Arkansas, so I didn't waste my time or anyone elses. I proceeded to get my master's in NE Tennessee, was too busy for men and didnt want to waste their time either since I wasn't staying after I got my Master's. So that's 3 years explained, but the other 2.5? Ugh.

Met a guy online, from out of town. He came to visit me. Once.
Met a guy on facebook. We went to a movie. Once.
Met a guy at work. We went out. Once.
Met a guy on eHarmony. We didn't even make it to the go-out stage because flirt as I tried, after I gave him my number, the phone never rang.
Found a guy on eHarmony who had a crush on me in high school. Turned out to be a mean SOB who while I was trying to be playful and flirt, declared that there was a snowball's chance in [someplace warm] that he'd ever kiss me. Didn't get a first date. By that point, didn't want one.
Went out to a movie with my elementary school sweetheart. Once.
Got introduced to a friend's coworker's brother. No date.
Got introduced to a coworker's cousin. We hung out together. Once.

Now, I'm pretty laid back. I know it doesn't sound like it in this post, but I generally save the anxiety, what's wrong with me, attitude for private. I was totally cool and playful and fun with every single one of those guys, and nobody's ever interested in seeing me again. Reason tonight is more of an emotional eating trigger is cause I really wanted to like coworker's cousin. He was cute, understood all my nerdy jokes, and likes to play games. I LOVE GAMES! So he said his fam was gonna have people over for board games, and since I was off work, he'd give me a call or email me to see if I was still interested. That was Tuesday, and the night in question was tonight. In those five days, I've heard not a peep from him. No call, no email, no nothin. Bleh. We're not dating, this is more the getting-to-know-you phase, but still...

Anyway, at least I have triumph over the chips and ice cream.
brooksrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Well, if it makes you feel any better you've gotten more dates in the past 5 1/2 years than I have in my entire life . I understand completely how you feel...it stinks when guys do the I'll call you and you try not to wait around for the phone to ring-but you're waiting around for the phone to ring. Sigh. No fun at all.

I hope you managed to stay away from the bad stuff. If not, pick yourself up and dust yourself off. Fingers crossed that a nice guy will come along soon...or coworkers cousin will call with a good reason for the no call (maybe he didn't have a game night after all?).
rachiebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:11 AM   #3  
Started 9/20/09

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'7"

It sucks! But you've got to keep putting yourself out there!

I think the hardest thing I realized was to understand and learn to read the signals the guys put out there - a la "he's just not that into you." I never read the book actually, but after enough bad dates I got the idea.

Now my trick is moving ON from the bad ones
mara11jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:22 AM   #4  

Thing is, on this most recent attempt, I totally got the message he was into me. We played an older computer game (Starcraft, anyone?) head to head, and he was like "Why don't we keep the disks at your house?" So I kind of thought that was an excuse to see me again.

I thought a good night's sleep might help but I'm still a little bummed. Did manage to keep my paws out of the snackies.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:14 AM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: 222/136/?

Height: 5'10

Well at least you get the dates. I'm a 24 year old guy and never been on a date.

Guys can be shallow so just hang in their. I would drop the facebook/internet dating. Not only is it dangerous but usually just a waste time. The best place to meet people is in the real world.
benchmarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:23 PM   #6  

Yeah, the only reason I even talked to the facebook guy was because he was friends with people I was really good friends with in high school. Guy turned out to be a waste of my time though.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchmarkman View Post
Well at least you get the dates. I'm a 24 year old guy and never been on a date.

Guys can be shallow so just hang in their. I would drop the facebook/internet dating. Not only is it dangerous but usually just a waste time. The best place to meet people is in the real world.
Online dating isnt that bad... you find frogs online and in the real world... Point is... we all go through it... you kiss a lot toads before you find your prince...

I had the 1 encounter curse as well... I had guys give me a kiss goodbye and say they would call me tomorrow.. they never called... even guys who made the first move... and those are the guys you dont want so be happy they havent called you back

and for coworkers cousin...maybe he got freaked out or nervous or something...or maybe he just wanted to be friends and got the impression you wanted more
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:44 PM   #8  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I didn't find someone until I stopped looking, and I found him online. It's been two years now.

I went through the same stuff, I had to focus on myself for awhile. I started paying more attention to me, and making me happy. I would treat myself to a nice haircut and have the stylist do it nice, and go out with the girls. Pampering myself, and making me feel good about myself, is what made me attractive to others. The guy I met online, we went on three dates, never called me again, 6 months later he calls me and we hang out, after talking, he says he wants a relationship with me.

See how things change? Do good things for yourself and forget the men for awhile
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote