Old 10-19-2009, 02:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Talking I'm Back!!!

As promised many many months ago I am back. For those of you who do not remember me (it’s been like 6 months), I was around for about three years on the board. I started right as I was starting law school weighing about 300 pounds. Then lost about 130 of those pounds and my weight lost stopped in around a year and a half. I juggled the same 5 pounds for about the last year. So I saw a plastic surgeon last October, had a tummy tuck and breast implants/lift in December. (On a side note my lift fell so I have to get it fixed ). They took 11 pounds of skin … counldn’t lipo any fat from my stomach because there wasn’t any . I’m about half way done with the surgery I still need my arms, back, hips, and thighs done (I’m pretty sure most of my weight is now skin in those areas but I’m still trying).

So for everyone, May was the last time I posted here. My life turned into a frenzy, I graduated and then the next day I started to spent the entire summer studying 12 – 14 hours a day for the bar exam. That lasted until the end of July (no results until end of November). Then I moved, not a little move, no I moved to San Diego California. So I spent the next few weeks packing all my worldly possession, saying good bye to my family and friends and then I was gone. Finally I started to unpack here and my grandfather passed away, so I went and spent a couple weeks with my parents helping them sort that out, came home for 3 days and went to Vegas to celebrate my birthday with my sisters (they already had a trip planned but then it became a birthday party for me). So airline miles from July until today is about 10,000. When I finally came home I interviewed for a job, they hired me as a contract attorney and want to eventually make me full time. It’s doing veteran’s law (what I love), working from home, making up my own hours. Hopefully it will be a 40 hour a week job soon however it still leaves me flexibility for what 40 hours I want to work, so I have no excuse for not exercising.

My weight has remained the same, well I am still juggling about 10 pounds depending on swelling. The surgery took forever to heal from, I was only able to start doing crunches last week. I’ve only been back in the gym for about 3 weeks (partly because every waking moment was spent studying for a long time. I got a new scale when I got out here and my weight is higher than my old one but I’m assuming it’s more accurate. I am hoping to lose a bit more weight but I don’t know if it’s possible with the skin issues. I’m hoping once I start working my finances will allow me to get the rest of the surgery.

So that is my re-introduction.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:20 PM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Hey! Congrats on maintaining through the craziness and fingers crossed for the bar!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:46 PM   #3  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

I second Junebug. You could've totally spiraled out with all of the craziness this summer. CONGRATS on how far you've come and for having such a positive outlook when many of us would have become beyond frustrated! Congrats on finishing up school.

And again -- WELCOME BACK!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

I remember you! Welcome back!

Are you on pins and needles waiting for bar results? they come out in nov but when exactly??

I just returned after a long hiatus. My first year as a lawyer and all the sitting caught up w me and i gained my 10 lbs back!

I am now running a marathon and eating better.

I re-started your (i think it was you, i know you always used to post in it) daily meal plan posts so jump on in.

Welcome back!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:14 PM   #5  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Welcome back!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:28 PM   #6  

Thanks everyone! It's funny because the one thing that got me thought the stress of life was being able to control my diet. I didn't have time to exercise, watch tv, or anything else but the one thing I always felt like I was in complete control of was what I was eating. Even if it wasn't healthy food I was able to at least control portions.

Freddy - Yep it was me that did the daily meal posting. Cali results are released Nov 20. I believe it is the last state to release. I try not to think about it. The nice thing is my job said they don't care if I fail, that they both failed the first time around. So that took some of the stress off. Where are you practicing?
Old 10-20-2009, 06:40 PM   #7  

I thought so = feel free to take it back hehe I am sporadic with my posts!!!

I'm sure you will do great. I remember being so stressed the week before results came out.

I practice an hour north of San Francisco.

Great to see you back!
Old 10-20-2009, 06:56 PM   #8  

OMG keeping fingers crossed for the bar results...how exciting! I just finished my first year at law school and am studying like mad to take the baby bar for the second time next week. Good to know weight loss is possible on this crazy train lol. I keep telling people when they see crazy things happen in court lawyers going off on judges or whatever that we actually suffer some brain damage during law school and suffer from PTSD from it the rest of our lives lol.
tiggergirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:32 AM   #9  

Freddy - I understand the craziness totally! The CA bar was terrible.

Tigger - Are you from out of country or are you trying to take the bar after first year of law school? I'm confused. But good luck!
Old 10-21-2009, 11:59 AM   #10  

The baby bar exam is a state administered exam required of students in nontraditional law schools. It is 4 essays and 100 multiple choice on the three first year subjects. I must pass the exam to be eligible to enroll for second year classes.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:09 PM   #11  

tigger - I had friends at golden gate ls that took that and they all passed!!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:31 PM   #12  

Hmm that is interesting, no we didn't have anything like that, I didn't hear of the first year competency test until I was applying for the CA bar, that might because you have to go to law school to take the MI bar ... do all CA schools require that or just yours?
Old 10-22-2009, 01:30 AM   #13  

The baby bar is required for all students attending a "nontraditional" law school such as ones that offer part time programs or night school for working students. Currently its primary function is to weed out students from high priced "online" law schools that take lots of money and don't adhere to state teaching requirements.

I've failed it once already due to extreme case of test anxiety, I've been in therapy working on relaxation techniques and hoping to pass this time. It's got a worse pass rate than the bar, less than 20% every time.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:24 PM   #14  

Sorry if I'm being nosey. I'm sure you'll do great. I completely understand the anxiety, I had to fly to San Fran the day before the bar and it was disastrous. I switched my flight to a later one for an upgrade to first class and a free ticket, well then my flight was majority delayed and rumored to be cancelled. I ended up making it but 6 hours late. The only thing that was good is despite the fact that caused me to have a major anxiety attack I realized that nothing else could have gone worse and that the bar had to go much better. (We'll see).

Prior to the bar I had major panic attacks for weeks ... then I said if I fail that is ok and I'll take it again. It helped, everyone said I shouldn’t resolve myself to fail however it made me feel better about the exam.

Good luck!!! (And weight loss is still possible.) and if you need someone to vent to I’ll be here I understand 100%