Old 08-18-2009, 01:56 AM   #1  

Angry Back to the drawing board.

Deleted.

Last edited by DeadSweetCupcake; 03-12-2018 at 08:10 PM.
DeadSweetCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:31 AM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I think if you have pneumonia you probably should put weightloss on hold a bit! I think i would definately fall off the wagon there, I do with colds as well, just want to sleep and eat I think I was a hybernating animal in another life. Back on track now though!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:15 AM   #3  
This is not a test.

I have asthma too, it makes colds that much harder to get over! And much more likely to be chesty. I always find that my breathing takes forever to get back to normal after a bad cold. And I'm usually tired from having to sleep sitting upright! I feel your pain Just think though, as we get fitter it will get easier to shake off colds and things. Maybe not pneumonia....but maybe we will be less likely to deveop it!
Old 08-18-2009, 03:34 AM   #4  
This is not a test.

OMG being allergic to penicillin and sulfur/sulfate must make it a nightmare. Sucks about the steroids, I took the steroids in the puffer since i was born but i dont think it caused me to bulk up...which did you take? These things really should have the side effects pointed out more vividly. I took steroidal creams for my eczema, the tubes say dont take for extended periods of time- i took them nonstop for 20 years! I lathered it on like moisturiser! Now i have stretch marks where the steroids have ruined the elastic layer or something And since ive been off the steroids, my skin has never been better xD So much for modern medicine
Old 08-18-2009, 07:35 AM   #5  
This is not a test.

I rant too, it makes me mad that no one ever pointed out that hey, 20 years of the stuff wasnt actually even controlling it, let alone making it better. $1,000 just to walk in?! Insane! How can they justify that? If you're going to get worse and die, dont they have to admit you? they have to at least make you stable in the US right?
Old 08-18-2009, 08:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/167/130

Height: 5'4.5"

Smile I know exactly how you feel

Hi ya,
Sorry I'm late to the conversation, but I know exactly how you feel. Over the last about 9 months I've been diagnosed with chronic migraines, my IBS has flared to very annoying proportions, and I moved to PA from WA and the humidity is really making life difficult. So what do I do?? I sleep more, work out less, and try not to indulge in comfort food really often. I also have been though bouts of different medications for migraine prevention that have caused me to gain 30+ pounds and won't let me work it off! So all in all, I get it, I know how hard it is to be sick or have medical issues and fall off the wagon....and maybe try and get on, fall, try and get on, fall, etc. It's really tough and once you've been on the wagon before and then fall, it seems that you have to jump through several hoops to even be allowed to try and get back on! I'm glad to hear some resolve in your "voice" though. That will really get you far as long as you hold on to that fiercely and don't let go! you CAN do this, I promise, it will be difficult and rather time consuming, but you can do this!!
Also, I'm a veterinarian so I only know the animal side of things, but it is know that long term or several doses of high levels of steroids can cause a cat or a dog to gain weight (if that's what you meant by "bulk up") although a lot of those times it causes irreversible changes to the body's internal chemistry. This may not be the case in humans, but have you had it checked out by a MD?? Just curious...well good luck, hopefully this helped?!
TryingSince01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:22 PM   #7  
wants to look good naked

S/C/G: 200/171.8/135

Height: 5'5"

I've been sick for a couple of days now. No idea why. Doctors don't know.

I've managed to hold the fort on my weight. But I know I'm not eating "healthily" because i'm soooo week I eat greasy food just so that I can feel it in my stomach. Then my boyfriend is very distracting as well. Not to mention friends want me to come over and drink with them...

I taste success and almost break my comfort area then people hold me down.

We just need to find a way around it and get back on track. That's a the hard part. Starting something and sticking to it.
dizzysoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:49 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/167/130

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Ouch

I'm so sorry to hear you're sick, I hope ya'll can figure it out soon. I understand about the greasy food. I have a thing for gummies and chocolate myself and no matter what I do I end up having some of each. But here's the thing, I only have a small amount each time instead of a large amount, so I'm stepping it down until I can give it up. Sound like something you could do? Also, let your boyfriend and his friends know that your serious about this and you could really use their support in this. If you can't get the support there you can come here and we can help, but I do understand the importance of the major people in your life being helpful and encouraging. It is difficult, but you can do it!! :-)
TryingSince01 is offline   Reply With Quote