Rewards - Page 2 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 08-01-2009, 12:49 PM   #16  
Persevere! You can!

S/C/G: 234/178/134

Height: 5'5"

I have 6,500 waiting in a bank account for when I hit my goal. I can't wait to spend it!

But there are a few other things I'm wanting as i hit the milestones. When I hit a 'normal' weight I'm going to get an Eye Of Horus tattoo on my back, which I'm really excited about!
georgiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:57 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 192/166/150

Height: 5'11"

Wow, tattoos seem to be super popular rewards. Not having any tattoos, nor any desire for one, I guess I'm a little surprised by their popularity. Just curious, why do y'all think that makes such a good reward?
Like some of you I tend to lean towards thinking workout associated things are awesome. There's nothing better than going for a run in a new outfit, where maybe people will be staring at my cute tank top rather than my beet red face.
PiedPiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:31 PM   #18  
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

I've always loved tattoos and decided to wait for a large piece so it wouldn't be weird looking after losing 100 lbs.

I'm hoping I can be toned enough to pull it off so it doesn't look like the back of a tattooed shar pei. Plus, I want to be through with having kids prior to embarking on a huge tattoo project. Those stretched out pieces are just sooo flattering.
TXJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:13 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiedPiper View Post
Wow, tattoos seem to be super popular rewards. Not having any tattoos, nor any desire for one, I guess I'm a little surprised by their popularity. Just curious, why do y'all think that makes such a good reward?
Like some of you I tend to lean towards thinking workout associated things are awesome. There's nothing better than going for a run in a new outfit, where maybe people will be staring at my cute tank top rather than my beet red face.
I agree. I can't understand the appeal, personally, mainly because they are not removable. Things like makeup you can wear, or not wear, but tattoos and piercings are permanent, and what if I didn't like it either? (I know piercings heal up but they can scar.. my friend said she knew a gorgeous girl who got her cheeks pierced on her dimples and she decided she didn't like them and removed them and let them close up, but now she's permanently scarred there and looks butt ugly). For me, that's not a risk I'd be willing to take for a piercing or tatoo. Plus, I'm such a pain wimp! It took me 20 years until I finally got my earlobes pierced!

Last edited by megwini; 08-01-2009 at 03:14 PM.
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:25 PM   #20  
wants to look good naked

S/C/G: 200/171.8/135

Height: 5'5"

I love tattoos because they AREN'T removable. All of my tattoos are symbolic to something that makes me me in such a way that I never want to forget. I want to look at them when I'm older and say, "yes, that's who I am".

The peacock is to symbolize my transformation from something ugly to something beautiful and my commitment to stay that way.

The last thing I want to do is loose myself and become another monkey in a suit.

Besides tattoos don't hurt. Feels like a mild sunburn. Then again I've broken enough bones i'm in double didgets so my tolerance may be through the roof. who knows.
dizzysoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #21  

Megwini- Totally agree. I LOVE mixing up my makeup, I own way way too much of it, and probably in crazier colors than I should. I have pretty set back eyes though, so I tend to be able to get away with really bright colors that don't tend to be as noticeable on me. I'm also a huge pain wimp. A sunburn you say? Sometimes sunburns make me tear up a bit, as I'm trying to sit or sleep and I roll onto them.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:33 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

PiedPiper, I totally understand. I have an EXTREMELY brightly colored makeup kit (mostly eyeshadow) I got from Claire's YEARS ago. I love it to death, since it's so colorful, but I'm afraid it doesn't hold up very well, since it's cheap eye shadow. It tends to go up into the eyelid crease after an hour or two instead of staying on the lid. I'd like to have bright colors that WILL last but don't know where I could find eye shadow that bright, outside of Claire's. I've been pretty lazy as of late, however, and haven't been wearing eye shadow. Sometimes I"m uber lazy and wear no makeup, but I do try to wear eyeliner daily if possible, since I think I look bad without eyeliner. I wear eyeliner (liquid on top, crayon on bottom) and mascara on a daily basis, and then shadow and things like lip gloss once in a while.
Anyway, here's my eyeshadow kit:

I haven't had a sunburn in about a year, but I avoid them like the plague. Burning means I'm out in the sun, which mean I could be tanning.. and I'm paranoid about that. I strive to remain as pale as possible and stay out of the sun as much as possible to achieve this. Setting that aside, I DO know they are extremely painful to me. It's when I take a shower with a sunburn.. the water beating down on the burn is pure agony. Agh I'm such a pain wimp!!!!!!!!!!!!
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:16 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 208/183/135

Height: 5'9"

I might get a smaller tattoo when I'm done (vintage-looking pink roses on my hip bone, it'll be my first!), but I tend to go the clothing route. With just what I've lost so far I was able to shop at Forever 21 and get some cute size L dresses that fit now, but will FIT in a couple pounds. Ready to strut around and feel sexy!

Merose that sounds like a rockin' tattoo! Mine'll have "Collige virgo rosas" written with it.

And Megwini, Urban Decay is AMAZING. Pretty much all I'll wear, and they have every color you could thing of, but with awesome-r names

Last edited by EmilySue; 08-01-2009 at 09:20 PM.
EmilySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:12 PM   #24  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

Not that girl-i have my lower one done that suxs that they made u take it out. could u have but in like a retainer one like clear?

megwini-have uve tried an eye shadow primer, the only place ive seen it, was thru mary kay.

Last edited by CurvaceousCutie; 08-01-2009 at 11:14 PM.
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:17 AM   #25  
yay short girls!

S/C/G: 128/ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

megwini - also check out MAC and the new l'oreal HiP colors
minitwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #26  

Megwini- Love the colors! And seconding the eyeshadow primer. DEFINITELY urban decay brand. It's a little pricey but SO worth it. If you use it, make sure to google how to cut open the bottle, cause there is a TON in there that the brush can't reach, and you should definitely get your moneys worth. Totally agree with mac and urban decay having good colors. Also nars and make up forever. Plus make up forever is what they use in photoshoots with crazy crazy makeup, more like designs painted on the face, so it stays really well.
I tan crazy easily. I already have naturally warmer skin, and no matter what I do I tan. At the end of ever summer (soon!) my family heads to our beach house for at least two weeks. Towards the end of the weeks I'm wearing like spf 50 because I'm too tan, and I start to look gross.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 230/230/170

Height: 5' 10"

CurvaceousCutie I could have, but I didn't think it would be worth it. My lip gets a little swollen when I mess with it too much, and I just don't want to have to deal with doing it all the time. The funny thing is that they don't care about the visible tattoos I have. wtf? Also, I'll probably only have the job until I graduate next year, so I can always get another one as a graduation present to myself. =)
Not that girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:17 PM   #28  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

When I hit goal.....I am buying myself a custom corset. Most of them run to be $300 or more. And doing a photo shoot. I am a photographer so it'll be fun being on the other side of the camera.

Right now I'll reward myself with some new clothes. Just a pair of new jeans every 2-3 months and two new shirts so my clothes don't get too baggy. I have become a total shopaholic.

As for the tattoos - I think they are awesome ideas in general. I have 7 of them.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:34 AM   #29  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

when I reach goal i'm having a party!!! and inviting all my friends!!! = )
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:16 AM   #30  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

You know.... I never thought about it!

Now I'm probably gonna have to start thinking about it!! Perhaps I'll finish my back tattoo..... and other things. Hmmm... food for thought.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote