Old 07-21-2009, 01:15 PM   #1  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

Default So Mad at Myself

I am so mad i could just scream.. of Course it is totally my own fault. I had started my new diet april 19,2009. I was doing GREAT i was eating great, doing my exercising and even walking/trying to jog everynight for an hour. Up till June 4th I had lost almost 20 pounds.

That night my husband fell down our steps at our home and was paralized for a few days in the ICU at our local hospital. He had a "shock to his spinal cord" and it was swollen which caused him not to be able to move. Nothing was broken on his body and he is now doing well and back to work climbing trees.. ANYWAY..

WIth him being in the hospital and having to take him to therapy and so on i have packed all but 5 pounds back on.. I tried to walk/jog last night and i was so out of breath again it was not funny..

It just totally makes me mad that i was doing so well and now i fell off the wagon. To be totally honest i feel so crappy. I want to get back on the wagon but i feel like a total failure. I just dont know how i went from doing excellent to doing nothing.

What is the best way to deal with getting back on track?
Does anyone else go through this when something major happens in there life? I am just wondering cause i feel like such an *** for not pushing a head and keeping on track.
Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

remember how great you felt before and that should help guide the motivation. You havent failed... you reached a small stepping stone. If you can get through this, you can get through anything. you can do it.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:30 PM   #3  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

That must have been a really traumatic experience

You will do this. You know how good it feels to get in shape. Just think that right now is your first opportunity to take a step forward, and those add up. Everyone has steps backward along the way; just make sure the forward ones outnumber the backwards ones. Every little bit counts
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:44 PM   #4  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

It's easy to say that you wen completely off plan and you screwed up but you know what it happens to the best of us especially during tough times.

The best way to look at this situation is a) you only put on 5lbs which still means you lost 15lbs, now that is something definitely to feel good about

Take a look at how much you achieved in those couple of months and I know you will be ready to get back on plan!
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 231/226/150

I fell off the wagon so, so many times. It's hard to get back on, especially when you have a crisis occur in your life. Don't beat yourself up about it. Sometimes you need to fall off and get back on. Don't worry though. Just wake up tomorrow with your goals set strong in your mind and try your hardest.
PatientlyWeighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

If you're mad, use that energy in the gym (or where ever you exercise). Otherwise, try not to dwell. It gets you no where. You've done it before so you know you can do it again. Focus!
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:32 PM   #7  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I agree with the direction LaurenA was going.

Despite the fact that you gained back all but 5 lbs... the point is you DIDN'T gain that last 5 lbs back as well! You put your foot down, and came back here and have expressed a concerted desire to change. You're not even back to where you started, even after a petrifying and traumatic experience like your husband's injury!

You're still down from where you started, and you've lost the weight before... you know you can do it again.

The only thing I find that motivates me to really get working again is to see some results. And the only way to do that is to force myself to have one or two entirely OP days. I think most people have the will power to stay on-plan for just a few days... for me, it's the overwhelming fear that I'll have to be perfectly on plan for the next several MONTHS that usually keeps me from getting started again.

So, don't think about the next few weeks, or months. Just think about the next two days. And after those days, really take note of how you feel, what the scale says first thing in the morning compared to before, and how proud you are of yourself for making it through those few days being perfectly on plan.

You can do it, honey, we all have faith in you! Welcome back!

Last edited by Jelbb; 07-21-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:56 PM   #8  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

Height: 5'3"

Gurl, what a scary thing for both of you to have to go thru! Not being able to move your body, or having to waTch your loved one go thru that, must have been hard. I'm glad everything has turned out for the best though.

Don't beat yourself up about it. LIFE happens. Now that everything is ok again, just jump back on "the wagon" and focus on you, your diet & exercise
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:19 PM   #9  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

HI all and thanks for the kind words.. After much thinking I have decided i am going to kick my butt in gear starting Friday with my diet since i grocery shop on Thursday. From now till Friday i will watch more what i eat and start exercising slowly.

Thanks all again for your kind words and time..
Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 180

Height: 5' 11"

I didn't fail, I just found 10,000 different ways to not make a lightbulb--Thomas Edison.

Don't give up. Stay consistent. If you have messed up, try again. Start off from where you left off. You will be surprised at how fast you gain back what you lost. The only thing that's hard is when you get back to where you were before. That's where it gets tough! I should know. Hope this helps...