Old 06-26-2009, 06:13 PM   #1  
cb1

S/C/G: 220/220/120

Height: 5'6

Default Help!

I just cannot control my eating. Ugh! The scale is not moving.

I have no problem exercising everyday. I am loving the exercise! Sometimes I exercise twice a day because it makes me feel good! lol!

It's just that I can't seem to keep myself to 1500 cal a day, I just want to EAT! lol! And the scale is not moving.... although my shape is a little, my husband remarked that my butt is perkier, and my shorts & pants are a little roomier....

BUT WHEN WILL THE SCALE MOVE? I know, i know, exercise alone isn't going to cut it.... ugh! somebody kick me in the pants so I can get my eating under control. I don't eat really badly, but I don't eat really great either, and I know it's keeping me from dropping this fatness! It's already almost JULY and I'm still fat!!
cb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/147/130

Height: 5'4

I need somebody! Help! not just anybody!! HELP! you know I need someone...HELPPP!!!

lol, sorry when I saw the title of this post I just couldn't contain myself.

Ok-now onto your problem.
I think you should find something else to do while that craving comes in! try to distract yourself from thinking about food all the time. Chew some gum. Drink water. Go out for a walk or read a book, watch tv.

Don't worry. It takes time! and you can't just exercise amazingly but then eat terribly--you have to balance it out to make it work. So, my advice is to make a list of things to do to keep yourself busy.

I know it's easier said then done, but you gotta try! let yourself know that you are worth it. The food doesn't control you, YOU control the food. You are SMARTER than food. You have a beating heart. The food is inanimate. You are the master of IT, it is not the master of you. lol ok, I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here. I hope it helps!

Last edited by beautifulmess; 06-26-2009 at 06:22 PM.
beautifulmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:34 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Are you eating enough nutrient dense foods? What's a typical day diet for you? I find when I don't eat enough whole grains and lean meat and veggies/fruits and fill myself up with white bread and other high carb/sugar foods I am still hungry.

Take for instance here's my menu for today:
Breakfast: 15 wheat thin fiber selects crackers + 2 laughing cow cheeses (190 cal)
Lunch: el pollo loco salad without salad dressing + 2 flame grilled drumsticks (450 cal)
Dinner: TBD- probably grilled fish with white rice and cucumber salad.

When I'd eat things like 100 calorie snacks and lean cuisines alone and so on I'd still feel hungry!

Last edited by beerab; 06-26-2009 at 06:35 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:38 PM   #4  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

You can always snack on veggies if you are truly hungry- Maybe if you restrict your snacks to healthy snacks you might not snack as much- and they will fill you up- I will eat a whole cucumber or green pepper for a snack on days that I am really hungry- Just a thought!

Also I agree with a previous poster- You might want to have an action plan on hand for those snack attacks-
akacutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:41 PM   #5  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

maybe try sugar free gum .... i chew gum whiles i watch tv so i can feel like im eating something

i find the minty flavors work best

Last edited by CHUNKEY_MUNKEY; 06-26-2009 at 07:42 PM. Reason: to add something
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 135/132.5/125

Height: 5ft4in

I finally got serious about getting the last 10lbs off, and not just any meal plan would do. Whether you are just starting out with weight-loss, or losing that last 10lbs, consistency is key! I was belly aching to my boyfriend how I've "Tried everything!" and I'll "never" lose the last of this weight. Well, he eats clean, the same thing, every day, 6 days a week and has one "cheat" per week. He asked me to give it a good solid commitment, 100%, for 14 days straight. No cheats during that 14 days, no deviations, 100% commitment. I did, and holy smokes was I blown away. I lost 7lbs, My body totally changed shape, I had so much energy, I saved so much money on food, I dealt with some social situations involving food, and I did fine. I went to a movie and I didn't die without the popcorn, andI survived without wine and refined sugar. My nutrition was predictable, easy to plan (maybe a little boring, but you get over that after day 6ish) and you would be so surprised how unappealing junkfood is, when you've filled your belly with lean protien, veggies and sweet potato! This is what I ate:

M1: 1/2c. (dry measure) steel cut oats, 1 scoop protien powder
M2: 4 kavati crisp crackers, 1 tin tuna
M3: 4oz lean meat (chick or beef), 1/2c. sweet potato, 2c. steamed veg
M4: 1/2c. yogurt or cottage, 1c. mixed berries
M5: 4oz lean meat, 1/2c. sweet potato, 2c. steamed veg
before bed: 1 tablespoon of natural nut butter (I love mystery butter!)

Looooots of water, I had crystal light too, and diet pop. I drink, average, 6 liters per day of water. This worked, I was never hungry, and I woke up every morning knowing I ate healthy and clean, what a great feeling!
Kataclismic is offline   Reply With Quote