Old 06-25-2009, 11:21 AM   #1  
Make thisbe for something

S/C/G: 254/228/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Need motivation to get through the weekend

So I've lost four pounds in the last two weeks and I'm feeling great about it!

I know this weekend is going to be difficult though because it's going to be so busy. I'll be on the road a lot, with many opportunities to get off track. When I get frustrated and busy like that I tend to slip. Eating out too much, or eating the wrong things just b/c I'm on the go. It's hard to take things with you in my situation. I live in NC and it's BLAZING hot. I'm in the car or outside most of the time.

Any recommendations or words of encouragement? I'm going non stop today through Sunday.
mypunkrockromance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:25 AM   #2  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Do you have time to pack a cooler with healthy foods/snacks that you can keep in your car? That way it'll be kind of like grab and go!
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

There are only a few things I can think of that can sit in the car and get hot all they want and still be edible:
-Rainsins
-Dried fruit
-A handful of nuts (preferably almonds - loads of good stuff)
As for fast food, just try to make healthy choices - order chicken sandwiches instead of beef... or better yet, some grilled chicken. At McDonald's the grilled snack wraps are good and not horrible for you. Also, you can look for salads, yogurts, etc. Try to go to the grocery store for your meals (if you can). Then you can get a sandwich, piece of fruit, a roll-up, piece of chicken, baked potato, raw veggies, etc. If you absolutely can't get something healthy to eat where you are, then just make it a point to walk around that park near the hotel you're staying at... or hop on the treadmill, jog around the block.. heck - even just some jumping jacks in your room! There's always some way to get around poor choices, so just try your best to take a minute to think over what you want/need to eat.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/ 150/110

Height: 5'5

Drink A LOT of water, a lot of times when we think were hungry it is because were dehydrated. Then we eat to get the moisture out of the food, causing us to over eat. I would keep a water bottle with you at all times.
overwightpanda is offline   Reply With Quote