3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   How did you succeed today? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/174872-how-did-you-succeed-today.html)

PopcornFiend 06-22-2009 01:57 AM

How did you succeed today?

As I start on this very long, hard path of weight loss.. I find myself needing to applaud even the smallest of successes! Today, I pleased myself when I didn't order chips at Chipotle, and actually ate a healthy breakfast of fiber-one cereal with a banana. What did you do today that was good - even if it's something as small as avoiding tortilla chips at a restaurant? :hug:

Jelbb 06-22-2009 02:13 AM

My stepfather sails, and I got guilted into going to their Yacht club barbecue today. Father's day, after all! It sounds a lot fancier than it is. ;)
But I knew I was going to the movies and was going to have buttery popcorn, and I knew I'd just eaten a 6 inch sub, and I wasn't really hungry... and I sat back, drank a soda, and didn't eat a single thing. :)

StarryNights110 06-22-2009 02:17 AM

I went for a 30 minute walk instead of sitting on my butt in front of the TV after dinner. (even though I really wanted to!!) I also managed to say no to a slice of my dad's Father's Day cake his wife baked for him, even though they were being pushy about it.

This thread makes me happy! :carrot:

PopcornFiend 06-22-2009 02:24 AM

Yay, Jelbb! Sounds like you were able to pass up on a LOT of temptation.

And Starry - passing on cake is huge!! Few women can resist cake... That reminds me, I actually made a WW recipe Diet Soda cake last night for a dinner party.. and THREW THE REST OF IT AWAY this morning!! Unheard of for former-me... but new-me has to get used to tossing out the bad things! Good work ladies!

hello pinki 06-22-2009 07:52 AM

My fiance and I went for a hike and he wanted to do the short 2 mile trail...I was sneaky and the map holder so I parked at the farthest lot from the 2 mile trail so we probably ended up doing 4 miles...muahahaha...

Also, for breakfast I REALLY wanted to go get a bagel, but stayed strong and had 2 eggs at home instead.

skinnywish 06-22-2009 09:49 AM

Um...about the only good thing I did was take my vitamins yesterday and drink a lot of water...the rest of my day consisted of watching a lot of bad reality tv, homemade banana cake and chinese food...d@Mn PMS!

sprklemajik 06-22-2009 09:55 AM

I exercised yesterday - 30 mins of HIIT biking, even though I didn't want to.

forestroad 06-22-2009 11:20 AM

I went to the Ben and Jerry's Factory yesterday and restricted myself just to the sample they give you on the tour :)

stellarosa27 06-22-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forestroad (Post 2795742)
I went to the Ben and Jerry's Factory yesterday and restricted myself just to the sample they give you on the tour :)

You're my hero!!

PopcornFiend 06-22-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stellarosa27 (Post 2795810)
You're my hero!!

Um, YEAH! I could never do that. As is, I was at the dollar store and found a carton of B&J's organic brownie fudge ice cream and couldn't say no. It was like my fingers fused to the carton!

Let's see.. Good things I did today... Didn't wander over to the vending machine at work. Ate MOSTLY unprocessed foods (a few spoons of ice cream and a sugar free tapioca, oh well.) Ate only one serving of veggies and brown rice at dinner. AND, the biggest accomplishment is coming - As soon as I get off 3FC I'm going to the gym!

Good work girls!

KnitALisa 06-23-2009 12:03 AM

I worked out in the evening. Major accomplishment for me for two reasons: 1) I get really tired and like to slack off at night. and 2) I made a promise to myself that I would get a workout in today and I kept it. :woohoo:

carcar05 06-23-2009 12:58 AM

Ooh great thread idea :)

Today I woke up at 4:30am even though every bone in my body wanted to stay glued to the bed- so I could make it to my 5am cycling class. Once I got there I gave it my all and loved every minute. So it paid off. :)

PopcornFiend 06-23-2009 01:47 AM

holy cow carcar! 5 AM workout class.. you're also my hero! I work at 8 everyday and am hitting the snooze button until the last minute!

Good job Knitalisa!

stellarosa27 06-23-2009 09:20 AM

I worked out last night AND got up and went to the gym for 5:30 spin. I have to go up to school tonight, so there would be no way to work out, and I'm getting weighed today. Eek.

forestroad 06-23-2009 09:45 AM

Haha yeah the Ben&Jerry's resistance was tough...I just keep telling myself it's not like it's hard to get B&Js in VT, so when I really want it, I can get it.

Carcar- glad to see you're keeping up with those early morning spin classes...dang!

Stella- you too! Man, now I feel like a slacker for complaining about having to get up at 7 to go to the gym before work.

Today I ran 3 miles in 30 minutes. I never run 10min miles, so that was really good. Literally I haven't run a 10 minute mile in 4 years, and I don't think I've ever run three back to back :)