3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   How did you succeed today? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/174872-how-did-you-succeed-today.html)

stellarosa27 06-23-2009 10:08 AM

Haha, ideally I'd like to get up every morning that early, but TV sucks me in and before I know it, its 11pm and I'm not in bed yet (Darn you, Anderson Cooper). Once you get used to it, its not so bad.

Go you for a 10 minute mile :)

hello pinki 06-23-2009 11:05 AM

I just went into the cafeteria at work...longingly stared at the bagels...and then walked out with Yogurt. Are you all seeing a trend here? Hehehehe....

miss shelly84 06-23-2009 02:50 PM

This thread makes me smile. :)

Today I was going to go out to eat, since I have not been out to eat in awhile and it sounded fun. However, I decided not to go and stayed at home and had a healthy lunch of a turkey sandwich and a peach fresh from Dierberg's. (Only the best grocery store ever.)

This was good in multiple ways because my lunch today was maybe 50 cents or so for the peach, and the rest of it was free. I ate healthy, and saved at least $8 that I would have been spending on lunch.

This is kind of an off-topic success story, but I also drove on the freeway by myself today. I have only been driving since aged 22 and have never been on the freeway by myself, but I did good and did not crash into anything. :)

M

stargzr 06-23-2009 09:40 PM

For dinner tonight, I ate healthy! A bowl of cereal with a banana cut up in it. A peach, an ear of corn, and a glass of orange juice. Too many nights I eat too much of the wrong stuff and today I decided it's time to get used to the right stuff!
Hooray for everyone's small successes!!!

WormwoodDoll 06-23-2009 09:42 PM

I worked in a boston creme donut that I was craving today!

PopcornFiend 06-24-2009 01:58 AM

Miss Shelley.. I also turned down going out to lunch. My coworkers were bummed, but I told them the truth - I'm broke AND I can't be around that temptation!!

I also stopped when I was full today at lunch which is a big deal for me since I usually just keep cramming my mouth full of food!

hello pinki 06-24-2009 11:54 AM

I had a small success followed by a huge fail. In Wisco yesterday (and today) its about 95 degrees with just the same in humidity and even though I was sweating just sitting around I forced myself to go on a bike ride.

Then today....i had a bagel. Damn the bagel. Someone brought them in from my fav bagel place and had them out...office life. kills me. FAIL.

I totally related to you girls skipping going out to eat. Same as PopCornField, in an effort to save money and calories I've been eating at work every day for a month now and its soooo hard.

stellarosa27 06-24-2009 01:56 PM

I'm super busy at work and trying to schedule time at lunch to work on my grad school stuff - and I'm like super nervous about that and starting to look for a house, so I took all of my food and put it in a co-worker's office. If it was there, I would have eaten it, so it needed to go away.

Its 2pm and I'm still OP for the day, so yay :)

RubyGuggenheim 06-24-2009 02:13 PM

All my coworkers decided to order chinese food for lunch, and I really so badly wanted to get pork lo mein (which I would have undoubtedly overeaten), but instead I got steamed chicken and veggies. And it was good!

utgirl09 06-24-2009 03:42 PM

I signed up for my first 5k yesterday! I have been slacking on calorie counting lately, so I logged everything I have ate today. I need to get back on track.

stellarosa27 06-24-2009 05:29 PM

I'm posting to say that I WILL go to the gym tonight and I WILL work out with weights as well as my cardio.

Now that I typed that, I HAVE to go.

chickennugget126 06-24-2009 06:58 PM

I cooked a healthy meal last night and only had 1 fruit pop (100 calories) afterwards. Usually after dinner I eat many, many things...

This morning I woke up feeling good! (instead of bloated, guilty)

rosiem 06-24-2009 10:07 PM

Hmm, this was yesterday but i went to a patio after work with friends and only had one drink and like a small handful of nachos- before i would have eaten tons washed down with a pint or two...Moderation???!!!
and then i went running today!
I like this thread a lot. Good job everyone!

Mickeypnd 06-24-2009 10:13 PM

I exercised for an hour on my bike when I didn't want to, and I was tired.
YAY.

smisen 06-24-2009 10:42 PM

I fell off the bandwagon in a major way at work today and had Zingers from the vending machine and a small thing of chocolates that a sales rep brought me (ouch... PMS sucks :(), but then I came home and made a really healthy turkey taco dinner and went for my C25K, even though it's seriously like running through water here in WI right now.

Not perfect, but it could have been a whole lot worse!