Old 05-27-2009, 03:57 AM   #1  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

Default I am so hungry!!

So here I am, its 1 am and I am so hungry! I guess this is to be expected on my first day back OP but ugh. Sometimes I like the feeling of being hungry because its better than the feeling of being bloated... but right now I just want to eat. A steak sounds nice.. which is bad because I'm vegetarian! I ate well today, even went over my calorie allowance a bit (although it evened out from exercise) and yet I'm still hungry. I know that my body will adapt but right now all I can think about is having a nice filet mignon and some garlic mashed potatoes.
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:43 AM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

maybe you are craving steak because you need a bit of protein? I know that since upping my protein ive been a lot happier And a lot fuller. So maybe a low fat yoghurt or a glass of low fat milk might do the trick without doing much damage? Or just water to fill you up. Although thats not as nice sounding as mignon and mashed potato
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I think IG is right. If steak is appealing to you, you are definitely hungry and probably need protein! Because our bodies don't store it, we need to eat small amounts several times daily. Normally I would suggest egg whites or tunafish but since you are vegetarian, I am sure you have other ideas! Remember, (and I am sure you do) the first few days starting are the hardest. Once you satiate your body with the right things it will thank you--and it will be much easier to stay OP!

ETA-Good luck on the scale--either way you will know the damage and what to do next! Congrats on making the decision to weigh--I know it isn't an easy one but by taking hold of it, you are showing that scale who is boss. We are all here for you.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 05-27-2009 at 09:13 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:46 AM   #4  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Yeah, I agree with both of the above - I always listen to what my body is craving because chances are, that's what it NEEDS.

I'm ridiculously hungry these past few days. I don't know if its the rain or getting TOM or what. All I know is I want to eat whatever isn't nailed down.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 155.8/ticker/130

Height: 5 ft 6

Hey! Take it from me... Being awake really late at night makes you hungry as well. Yesterday was my first day too (as I told you earlier) and I was just as hungry as you last night... but on those days when I'm awake long past dinner time (which seems to be happening every day lately) my body seems to think that it's time for breakfast again at around 1 or 2 in the morning. Something to consider . Oh, and definitely get enough protein. Protein is great for health and weight loss too when you take it in the right amounts.

Last edited by Kimmie1989; 05-27-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Kimmie1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

On those days, I just have to weigh my options... Either I can have something that sounds really good -OR- sooner than later I can buy that cute skirt I've been eyeing! The cute skirt/shirt/etc prevails most of the time!
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

I agree with everyone about the protein and the being up late too.

I would have some string cheese and an apple. The cheese has some protein and it should be enough to satisfy your hunger.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote