Old 04-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy What's going on with my body! I'm so FRUSTRATED!!

Ok, I understand our weight fluctuates, I get that. But, there is no reason why I should have gained 2 pounds this past week.

Just a little background here, I lost 30 lbs about 2 years ago, doing exactly what I'm doing now. The only difference is, instead of walking, I do a lot more intense cardio now.

For some reason my body doesn't seem to want to go below 160 so I gave up there. Well, I'm not doing that this time, I WILL get to my goal weight! I've been back OP for a little over a month now. I track my calories on mydailyplate, I work out about 3-4 times a week, I keep it under 1400 calories--no more than 1600, I drink about 80 oz of water a day, with the exception of a day or two (nothing lower than 64 oz).

I was at 164, and the first 4 lbs came off within the first 2 weeks. I stayed at 160 for 2 weeks. I finally made it to 158 last week, and now I'm back UP to 160 (it even said 162 yesterday, but I only make it official on Fridays)

I mean, I don't get it, am I doing something wrong? Should I just keep doing exactly what I'm doing and be patient or is there something different I should be doing. I know it's not good to put a time frame on our weightloss but I'm going on a cruise in June and I really wanted to be in the 140's but at this rate I'm lucky to be below 160!!!

Sorry for the novel.... suggestions are appreciated.
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:43 AM   #2  
hittin the trail in 2009

S/C/G: 148/127/123

Height: 5'5"

hmm have you though about TOM, excess sodium in the past few days, or erm... irregular BMs? (sorry if TMI lol).

I know that those are all factors that will make my weight shoot up artificially for a few days...
MtnChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:12 PM   #3  

I'm not really irregular ( I do have my days though).. and TOM of was a couple of weeks ago.
Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 04-10-2009, 01:55 PM   #4  
sugar is the devil

I would maybe try switching up your routine a bit? Sometimes, the body gets used to what your doing and fights back. But say, you start going hiking or something - your body doesn't know this foreign exercise and doesn't fight back... you know what I mean?

Also, you could be gaining some muscle. The first few pounds you did loss may have been water weight so now you are fighting the hard stuff. Losing fat and gaining muscle!
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:30 PM   #5  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

I've learned that with intense exercise, my body retains water. Some days it's just weird. Our bodies are weird things. Don't get too frustrated, I am sure you'll be under 160. Maybe switch up the workout routine or try some new foods. Just wait it out and stay on plan!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:44 PM   #6  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

I really really wouldn't be worrying about it. Weight can fluctuate from day to day and week to week for seemingly no reason at all because of water. Your muscles could be holding on to extra water so they can heal, you might be having fluctuations in hormones, consuming a little extra salt, sometimes sugar can cause water weight gain in some people... you never know. What you want to make sure of is that the general trend on the scale is spot on. So, if next week it still says 160, then maybe it's time to look at what you're eating and doing for exercise and see what could be causing it.
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

Hi Casey. I think that's just ordinary fluctuations. How are your clothes fitting?
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:58 AM   #8  

I know you girls are right... I shouldn't let the scale get me down!
Redlight-my clothes are fitting better and I can feel the loss so that's all that matters. It's just so frustrating when the scale doesn't reflect my hard work. My bf has lost 11 lbs in 2 weeks without changing much at all. He just doesn't eat as much anymore bc I refuse to cook unhealthy or eat fast food! Sometime I wish I was a guy! lol
Old 04-11-2009, 12:11 PM   #9  

ok... I just got on the scale and it said 162.. I'm just not going to weigh myself for awhile, seeing my weight go up 2 lbs in one day, and 4 lbs in one week is really discouraging.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

Losing weight is kind of like boiling water. As long as you're watching it and doing everything you can to get the scale number down it seems like it will never budge. But if you keep at your habits without stressing, occupy your mind with other things, weigh only once a week, things all of a sudden start to bubble.

Some things to try: get a little more sleep, take some time to relax/meditate each day to get your fat-preserving-blood-sugar damaging stress hormones down, and as other ladies have said, shake up your exercise a bit. On the days you're not doing cardio take leisurely walks (the weather is finally good for that where I am), do some light calisthenics in front of the TV, whatever. Good luck!
tkm256 is offline   Reply With Quote