Old 04-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/ONEDERLAND!

Height: 5'9

Default Always feel bloated//no weightloss in 3 weeks

The two weeks before my period were understandable that I didn't lose any weight. After PMS I dropped 5lbs in 2 days, the next day I gain 1lb back, and I have been steadily gaining .5-1lb EVERYDAY this week! I have switched up my exercise routine and am eating around 1800 calories a day. Now, I am 1lb over what I was 3 weeks ago, and I feel bloated and am gassy every morning when I get up. What IS this? It is really discouraging and I just want to cry because I am gaining weight :[. I also drink ALOT of water, especially lately because i have been trying to flush an unknown source out of my body lol.

My body has never done this, but it seems as if I can't get below 250, which is crazy! I'm currently at 251 :[
heather88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

What are you eating and what supplements are you taking, if any? That sounds like a reaction to something in your diet. If you're adding in lean cuisines, smart ones, etc. then it's likely that excessive sodium and sensitivity to preservatives is your issue. I can't and never eat any of those pre-packaged meals specifically for that reason.

Also, if you've gone to a primarily vegetarian diet as of late, your body will take about two months to adjust to it. Until then you will feel bloated and gassy as your body learns to digest and process a "new" energy source, but it goes away.

Last edited by NishKitten; 04-11-2009 at 12:11 PM.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:35 PM   #3  

I just take a multi-vitamin. I used to eat lean cuisines and they actually worked well for me, but lately I have been really poor and have been eating turkey and ham sandwiches on wheat bread/w cheese. I'll also normally have a kashi breakfast bar, fiber one poptart grilled chicken for dinner, apples, oranges, broccoli, rice cakes, fiber 1 poptart. Those are my everyday foods, but I also incorporate other meals into my plan to ultimately have a breakdown of 50%carb 25-30%fat and 20-25%protein.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Well, deli meats have a ton of salt, especially ham. I think it's probably a combination of your sodium and fat intake. See, vegetable fats are broken down like carbs, but animal fats are not. You might want to start checking what kind of fat and where most of your daily fat intake is coming from.

Other than that, you ever had issues with lactose intolerance or wheat sensitivity? That could be it too.

If so, Jelbb is a library of information regarding that and you should PM her.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #5  

It could be the sodium. It is just weird, to me, since I never had a problem with getting just under 3000mgs of sodium a day. The deli meats I have only have 1-3grams of fat. I don't think that I'm lactose or wheat sensitive . . . . I forgot to add that I also have a tablespoon of peanut butter everday.

I think the sodium and how much fat I'm eating could be the issue, so i'm going to try and change that. Thanks for your input :].
Old 04-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Some people have gas/bloating with certain fake sweeteners... I'm sure the fiber one pop tarts have artificial sweetener, and maybe the Kashi bars and even the rice cakes if they're flavored. Sugar alcohols (sorbitol is the most commonly used one) tend to make people really gassy. Of course, that doesn't explain why you're having trouble losing the weight.

If your new exercise routine is a lot different and/or more strenuous, that could make your muscles hold onto more water as they repair. Have you been sore a lot lately?
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 187/171/125

Height: 5'4''

I had the same thing happen to me a while ago...it's so frustrating!

What I did is try to eliminate as much processed food as I could. I still ate fibre one bars, but usually only one a day, and only if I was craving chocolate. I imagine it's probably the soduim in the deli meats, as NishKitten says. Whenever I have issues like this, it almost always is as a result of too much sodium.

You're doing great so far- 50 lbs! Maybe your body is just taking a couple weeks to adjust... Whatever it is, I hope you start to lose again soon! Good luck
primaballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Yes, take a look to see if you are eating any aspartame (that can definitely make you gassy/bloated) but you know, it could be your multivitamin - have you just started taking it? not that the multivite would be causing weight gain, I just mean for the gassy/bloatedness part.

Last edited by choirgirlhotel; 04-11-2009 at 07:07 PM.
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #9  

IBS causes gas and bloating.Google IBS and see if you have any other symptoms.Really common in women.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote