Old 04-19-2009, 05:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 259/259/175

Height: 5'11"

Default Binge? Yeah, kinda. Need some words from you guys

I'm havin' a bad day. Ever since I've been back from Los Angeles I've been in a rut.

Back story: Went to LA to visit my best friend (from college)Adam (love him. Love love love him) and what ended up happening is his roommate carlie (who I know as an acquaintance) basically stole me away from him because she's a jealous wench....

I digress.

I barely got to spend any time with him one on one --- left feeling disconnected and just kind of in limbo. I don't even know where our friendship stands and I feel broken.

Today was a bad day.

Here's what I've eaten today

breakfast : graham cracker with peanut butter
Lunch: footlong BLT with mayo from subway
snacks (2nd lunch?) icecream cone and double cheeseburger from McDonalds. 1/2 bar of chocolate, bag of popcorn.

When I went grocery shopping I did bypass the donuts though....so that's huge.

It's so crazy, I remember feeling this way the last time I binged(months ago!!). Where I just wanted to eat to fill the void. And that's what I'm doing. I'm eating to feel....Not sure how to stop. I don't want to exercise. I just want to watch TV and lay around. I gotta get out of this funk. I miss Adam...I miss the friendship we had when he lived in Minneapolis. I just freaking miss everything about him....and I guess I'm just sad I can't have that anymore.

Any suggestions on how to move forward?
dkneec19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/166/130

Height: 5' 2.5"

I think you should talk to him and tell him how you feel and ask him what he thinks. If he cares like you do, maybe y'all can do little things to stay in communication more (e-mail/pics/webcam/texting).

To stop eating, I'd recommend hanging out with pets, loved ones (friends/family), or going for a walk with tunes (if you can).

*hugs* I'm sorry that happened over your trip. I really hope things look up for you.
ferretgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 259/259/175

Height: 5'11"

thanks ferret!

I wish I had a pet!!!! I could use some unconditional love right now
dkneec19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:11 PM   #4  
getting healthier!

S/C/G: 267/266/140's

Height: 5'7''

I know how you feel. I've just been in some sort of rut lately too... but for no apparent reason..just feeling extremely lousy.. so I'd eat like crap.. and then I'd feel even worse.. blah blah blah. I know this sounds cheesy.. but getting out and doing something..walking, biking, going to the gym... even laying out in the sunshine ... helps me. Just being active, I guess... but in your situation I think that just talking to him may help you the most... you could write him a letter or email just to let him know everything that's been on your mind, without being interrupted. I hope things get better soon!

Last edited by nik1305; 04-19-2009 at 10:11 PM.
nik1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/166/130

Height: 5' 2.5"

If you have the time, you could go volunteer at an animal shelter. This could be sad (if you have to see any put down), but it could be beneficial to both you and the animals. These critters are probably feeling down like you, but having a nice human in their lives, even for a short amount of time, could make all the difference in the world. Even better (if you can/want to)- ADOPT! Then again, if you like kids, you could volunteer in a kids program. I think just finding a distraction so you're not moping would help.

A short walk, even just to look at the trees will give you time to think and should help relieve your stress. I was mad at someone yesterday and after a 30 minute walk (no jogging/moderate pace), I felt calmer and no longer mad.

What are some things you enjoy doing but never have time for? Maybe make the time to do something for yourself. I bet you deserve it and it makes you feel lighter mentally.

Good luck, girlie!

Last edited by ferretgirl; 04-20-2009 at 09:29 AM. Reason: add something
ferretgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #6  
AKT

S/C/G: 213/207.5/160

Height: 5'8"

Just think to yourself "if i stop now, it may not show up on the scale" and move on.
AKT is offline   Reply With Quote