Old 03-22-2009, 05:16 PM   #1  
Getting back on track...

S/C/G: 195.2/see ticker/167

Height: 5' 8.75"

Default scared to death

This week I have been super on-plan and worked out on schedule...the last couple months I have been on-plan sortof half-heartedly and exercised half-heartedly, and I didn't lose hardly anything (one week I even gained .2 lbs) because of it. Most weeks recently I have just stayed the same....I know it's because I have not been putting 100% into this.

Tomorrow is weigh-in day and for some reason I am terrified that the scale won't show anything. I've never been quite so nervous about weigh-in day, probably because I don't think I've ever put in as much effort as I have the past two weeks. The past two weeks or so I HAVE been putting 100% into this. This week I ate 1300-1500 calories each day, and worked out 40-50 minutes (20-30 mins cardio + 20-30 mins yoga) Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. I don't FEEL like I have lost anything, and I am afraid when I step on the scale tomorrow morning I will find out it's true. I have very painfully forced myself not to weigh every day....I used to do that and I started becoming obsessive about every little fluctuation.

Even if the scale says something I don't want to see tomorrow AM, I'm going to stick to my plan. Even if the scale shows no loss, I know I'm doing right by my body. My biceps are getting big and strong now (thanks to 30DS, haha!). And I have one tiny little ab-ripple now....not a real ab yet (still a lot of, errm, "insulation" on those abdominals!), but I can tell that the muscle underneath is getting stronger and slowly starting to look different. I have more energy than ever because I have been eating mostly "clean" foods...a lot of veggies and fruits, whole grains, and lean proteins. I have been drinking my water each day. I have avoided office pitfalls like cake and donuts and cookies in the conference room. Best of all, I have actually enjoyed varying my workouts between yoga, hi and lo intensity cardio, circuit training, and strength training.

So......tomorrow AM, even if the scale says I didn't lose, I'll still be proud of myself. I have to believe that eventually the scale will start to cooperate.

...even as I am typing this, a tiny part of me is thinking, "Who are you kidding?! If the scale says you didn't lose, you're gonna be majorly bummed!" Meh.

Trying to stay positive is the hardest part of this for me. Harder than avoiding cake and doing 30DS!
leela0730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

You will do fine. Either way, it's a good thing to weigh.

I agree with you on 30DS--amazing that 20 minutes can do that for a body. I went to a waterpark this week and actually had three different people (two strangers) ask what I did for a workout because of my arms. LOL..that is amazing for me.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:19 PM   #3  
shelby

S/C/G: 190/174/155

Height: 5'11

I know that we all put a lot of focus on the numbers but all of those things that you listed are the real benefits of making these changes! At the end of the day, people aren't going to know the number of pounds you weigh but they will notice your muscle and your energy. It is so good that you have recognized the way that they make you feel. You are doing an awesome job, keep it up and the numbers will follow!
dcslm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 191/183/139

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations! I am in the same boat right now.
MiaRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:00 PM   #5  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

you will be fine! If you have been on plan and working out like you say you have its unlikely that nothing has changed- even if you dont see a weight loss this could be bedcause of water retention since you are working out so much. You can feel abs- you're doing something right!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:40 AM   #6  
Getting back on track...

S/C/G: 195.2/see ticker/167

Height: 5' 8.75"

Thanks everyone.

I weighed in this AM, and I have gained .2 lbs. This is disappointing but like Ghost said it could just be water retention. I cried for about 30 seconds, then got out my sneakers and put in Bob Harper's Biggest Loser High Intensity workout and tried to forget about the numbers.

I'm not giving up. If my dad can get up at 5:30AM 4 days a week, drive to the Y, and swim 80 laps (and he's lost 12 pounds since we started our little competition), I can keep on trying.

Yesterday a girl from work asked me if we could be weight-loss buddies. All this time I've thought I was just annoying everyone by repeatedly saying "No thanks" to office food and by suggesting restaurants with healthy options for our weekly girls' night so I can stay within my calories, but I guess it inspired her. This will be a big help for me to have someone in the office doing the same thing I am, so neither of us feels alone.

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone....I really needed it this morning. Maybe next week the scale will show something better!
leela0730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:26 AM   #7  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

leela, I am glad you just got up and kept going. Seriously, the scale shows only a number as a point of reference. If you gained, and you stayed OP the whole time, it has to be water retention! I mean, I was 147.8 yesterday, and today I jump on the scale and it says 148.8. I didn't gain a lb overnight, lol. I was still within my calories yesterday... I know in a day or two of drinking lots of water, I will flush it out of my system and it will come back down You're doing a fantastic job, and I am sure the scale will catch up!!!
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote