3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   OT: Ended Things. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/166368-ot-ended-things.html)

Jelbb 03-08-2009 10:38 PM

OT: Ended Things.

The serious drawback to a long-distance relationship where the guy goes for entire days without talking to you/replying to txts cos he doesn't feel like it?

Having to break up with him by e-mail.

I feel like slime. I can't stop crying thinking about how hurt he's gonna be when he reads it.

I'm such a wreck right now. And to top it all off, I know I'm gonna have a MAJOR headache coming on from all this crying...

Oh god. :(

jahjah1223 03-08-2009 10:40 PM

Im sorry jelb :hug: but when he wont even take the time to text you why would YOU change up your whole life for him? its for the better. and it will only hurt for a few days!

Its Courtney 03-08-2009 10:51 PM

Oh I'm so sorry sweetness! You deserve someone who'll treat you much better. Don't feel bad for breaking up via email...if he's not answering his calls, it's the only way that you can do it.

Just keep your head high honey...I know it hurts, but it'll get better over time.

*hugs*

kisskiss 03-08-2009 10:58 PM

:hug:
I can't imagine how much you hurt, but I do think that you made the right decision ... it will get better :hug:

carcar05 03-08-2009 11:02 PM

Well I'm no help, but just know you're in my thoughts. This stuff isn't easy but I'm sure you're doing the right thing. You deserve the best, girl. And you're the ONLY one who can make sure you're getting the best. So you're doing the right thing. I just wish it wasn't so hard! :hug:

Good luck. We're here for ya!

Priscatip 03-08-2009 11:15 PM

Hugs. Breakups can be beyond tough. Know we're thinking of you.

beaka 03-08-2009 11:17 PM

:(

:hug:

sm177 03-08-2009 11:17 PM

I feel for you:hug:. I'm going through a ****ty situation involving a guy too. If he wasn't replying to you you didn't have a choice so don't feel bad. Try to distract yourself as much as possible, spend time with friends, watch movies or workout. Just keep telling yourself you WILL get through this.

Loraloo 03-08-2009 11:23 PM

Jelbb!! I'm so sorry! But jahjah and Courtney are right. If he's not returning your calls or anything, you shouldn't have to wait around to do it, especially if you're this torn up about it. Maybe write everything you want to say to him out and then once it's on paper decide whether or not you are ready to send it to him, or whether you want to wait to 'read' it to him once you get him on the phone. Good luck!!

blissclaire 03-08-2009 11:30 PM

I've been in your spot before, and it's not fair for a guy to be asking the world of you and not giving anything in return. I hope that you get to feeling better soon!!

lovesjm 03-09-2009 12:06 AM

Crying headaches are the worst! You are not slime, and I hope you feel better soon.

aneleh 03-09-2009 12:14 AM

:hug: It will get better with time, I can guarantee that!

junebug41 03-09-2009 12:16 AM

Honey I'm so sorry :hug:

When I go through stuff like that and know I'm just going to feel like a$$ and cry, I just make some tea, take some Nyquil and settle in.

I think you'll find soon enough that this was all for the best.

futuresurferchick 03-09-2009 12:17 AM

I'm sorry Jelbb, that's rough. :hug: I think you did the right thing, judging from what you've shared with us.

Jelbb 03-09-2009 12:18 AM

Thanks ladies, I really appreciate it. :(

I was broken up with once by e-mail after a 10 month long relationship. I memorized the e-mail. It wasn't difficult. It read:

"Jess,

I don't want to be with you anymore.

sorry
-Guy's Name-"

I think that's why the e-mail format makes me feel so horrible. But my e-mail was nothing like that. It detailed the unsolvable problems in our relationship, our varied approaches to conflict (him, avoidance, me, trying to work through things---), the fact that we can't make each other happy in the long-run, and how I don't want to force him into ANOTHER year of long-distance relationship when the love of his life could be passing him by while he waits around for me.

And I told him I love him, but I don't think we'd be happy together forever, and he's an amazing guy, and that I hope he holds out for the right woman... because he deserves her.

....but I still feel like ****. :(