Old 03-06-2009, 10:50 PM   #1  
finding my balance...

S/C/G: 216.8/209.4/135

Height: 5'7

Unhappy Losing Hope? Need a push..

I posted this on another thread, but felt it should have it's own...because I'm feeling...really.really. down on myself right now.

*Sigh* I actually came on here tonight feeling like I've lost the battle. I have lost like 4 lbs since Feb.2, but I don't feel like that's good somehow...and I think maybe that's making me eat worse, because I feel like no matter what I won't succeed. I'm glad I'm not the only one who falls off the wagon like once a week or so. As Stellart said it's totally a learning experience, I do it wrong, then next time think "Well I don't want to do that again" and fix it. I just feel like there are so many ways for me to mess up, that I will never have learned it all...I feel like I'm on the verge of giving up... but something inside of me really thinks that's a stupid idea. I think it may just take me a really long time before it becomes a way of life.
tandifrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

I saw your post and felt an instant connection. Not with myself but with my daughter. She is Rainlady and she runs the excercise thread on Alternachicks. She's 16 and right now weighs 197, she's been working out and eating right since the end of November and she's only lost 7 pounds. But you know what? She hasn't given up, she works harder and encourages others. She started the excercise thread in January and hardly got anyone to respond but she kept on and now it's much bigger than she ever imagined. I say this because she sees your photo and comments on how pretty you are and how one day she hopes to be where you are now. You encourage her, as you do many others. Don't give up, think off where you'll be in a year from now. Think how quick time passes. Remember how strong you are, how remarkable you are. Remember you made a difference in someone's life. Keep going baby.
sweetcakes736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:27 PM   #3  

I think my only advice would be to hide your scale for a while. I think people get so caught up in the numbers and don't pay attention to the whole point of working out and living a healthier lifestyle---you should do it for YOURSELF... to feel better, improve your health and increase your energy.

I know it's tough. But don't get discouraged...we're all in the same boat. Just don't deprive yourself, eat in moderation, have FUN with your workouts and keep your chin up. Don't be so down on yourself... As long as your feeling better doing what you're doing, the numbers shouldn't matter. They'll come off in time!
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:31 AM   #4  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey chickie.
We all have our ups and downs, and we DEFINITELY all have days where we feel like throwing in the towel. Sometimes we have weeks. In my case, I've had entire months where I gave up.

The point is that you're still here. And you're still here for a reason. Sure, the finish line may seem far away now, but think about that smokin 135-lb you waiting for you at the finish line!
We've got the same goal, and I've been at your highest weight... HIGHER, and WORSE, because I'm shorter than you! So I feel like I can relate to how down on yourself you can get, especially when that weight's just not coming off yet. But we're here for you... and we'll do anything we can to support you!

The most motivating factor imaginable for me is seeing the numbers drop, so maybe we can help you set goals, help to plan out meals and snacks etc. if it might help you see more dramatic results... or if you want that kind of help! Or we can just be here for you to check in with!

My best advice would just be to take each day one day at a time. It's much more daunting to think about being perfect for the WHOLE WEEK than it is to say, "Alright, I'm gonna stick to my calories TODAY!"

Good luck! We're here for ya!

Last edited by Jelbb; 03-07-2009 at 12:32 AM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 188/173.7/170

Height: 5'7.5"

There is the battle, and then there's the war.

Today's battle is over, and there's nothing you can do to change it. There's no reason to feel bad about it either: low morale really never helped an army, and it's equally counter-productive when you're making some major (and difficult) life changes.

But the war... that's to be healthy. That's to have strategies that work in the long-term. You are working really hard, and you are winning!!! Don't give up, but do give yourself a break! No one wins 'em all. Especially at the beginning.

Also, if this is truly feeling like a daily battle, maybe you need a different approach. There are a lot of different strategies to be healthy!
Hummus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time right now, I have to admit I am right there with you right now. But we have to do this, the alternative isn't good. Not only that, we CAN do this, and we ARE doing this.. and 4 pounds isn't something to be depressed about! Infact, celebrate it! Thats 4 pounds of butter thats no longer on your body, at that rate you'll be in the 140's by June! And thats SO close to your goal! Because of the rate there is NO way you'll have any chance of gaining it back! I think that's pretty darned impressive!!

Hummus - I love the comparison! I hadn't thought of it like that, and I totally think it's brilliant! Thanks!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

Hey just noticed that we're the same height and our goals are pretty close. I started at 230 and BELIEVE me when I tell you there are days when I've felt like giving up..heck there were days when I did..only to kick myself in the butt to get moving...there were days when I said no go going to the gym...felt all mopey and even stuffed my face. Sad thing is that we all have these days but I think we need to have these days to give us more motivation to keep pushing forward and work harder.

Always tell yourself that today is a new day as well as tomorrow. Don't dwell on mistakes you may have made..even though it is quite easy to do. I had to mentally train myself to not beat myself up over falling off the wagon. I'd give myself such a hard time!

I know you CAN and WILL do this....I'm proof that anything is possible. I only DREAMED of being where I am today.........you just have to keep pulling yourself up on the wagon!!!

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Sorry if I seem to be preaching!!)
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Dont ever give up hang in there its the only way you'll succeed at this.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:41 PM   #9  
No failure!!!

S/C/G: 265/240/175

Height: 5'10"

I'm glad you posted this, I weighed today and actually gained 2 Ihave been so good and I feel like I just got punched in the gut. I think I am hiding my scale for a while, it is just so dissapointng. I was going on a date with my hubby tonight, but now I don't want to. I know the only way to do this is just keeping my head up and not giving up. So much easier said than done! Well lets do this together!!!!
nursemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

We're her with you. Don't give up! The change doesn't come as fast as we'd like it, but it will come.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:47 PM   #11  
finding my balance...

S/C/G: 216.8/209.4/135

Height: 5'7

Thanks guys, you're all so great. I did crappy today, and think I will do crappy again tomorrow, I'm kind of setting myself up for it, because it might help get this out of my system, and it will make me feel like crap physically on Monday, reminding me why I want to eat better. thank you all sooo soo soo much. you're the best!
tandifrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:36 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

I find that if I start Monday doing poorly and off plan - then my WHOLE week is out of whack and it's SO hard to get better. And I also find the opposite to be true to- if Monday is OP, then the rest of the days follow suit.

Maybe just tell yourself that Monday you will be OP- you can go back on Tuesday if you want, but it's just one day that you have to be OP (I do this and it tricks me into staying OP the rest of the week)

I know you'll get back on it- you have been doing AWESOME and you're always so positive to everyone else on here Say to yourself what you would say to one of us
angelinelosesweight is offline   Reply With Quote