Old 02-19-2009, 12:06 PM   #1  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

Default What size and shape would this be??

I just took my measurements and I'm just really confused on what shape I am and what size these measurements should be. They are 40" 32" (<-natural waist) 44". When I was thinner, I was definitely an hourglass...but these measurements sound more like a pear? I don't know. I can wear a large on my upper body, but I'm still in XL and loose 18's for the lower half. I am losing inches...slowly. I tried to google what size I should be, but I'm not having any luck. All I'm getting is things for plus-size. Does anybody know about this? I hope this makes sense!

Last edited by aangel22; 02-19-2009 at 12:13 PM.
aangel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/173/140

Height: 5'9

check out myshape.com
fleming13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:20 PM   #3  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

The shape that you are now is probably not going to be the same shape as when you are finished losing. Your body is constatnly making changes and loses from all different places on your body. Sadly you dont shirink evenly. To me it sounds like right now you are more of a pear. I understand your pain thought because im an apple and my bottom half is smaller than my top. Things will keep shifting as your body changes.
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

If you've had children before or since your weight gain, then it's very likely you have gone from an hourglass to a pear. You sound like a pear in general. Not a dramatic pear shape, but you meet the criteria.

To be a true hourglass the bust and hips must be within 1 inch of each other, and the waist measurement 10 or more inches smaller. If your waist measurement is less than 10" difference, you are technically a rectangular shape.

I am an hourglass, my measurements are 37-25-36.5 and you can tell. Relatively chunky in the arms, chest, hips and thighs, but never gain weight in the midsection. Even at my starting weight of 194 I had a flat stomach and a 29" waist. A true hourglass just won't end up with a lot of excess weight there.

A pear, however, will stay relatively slender on top and gain weight in the lower stomach, hips and thighs. This is most women.

Last edited by NishKitten; 02-19-2009 at 12:24 PM.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:29 PM   #5  
Starting Over...

fleming13: thanks! I've never heard of that site before. According to that, I'm an A, so basically a pear right now.

I'm sure it will change, since it has changed from hourglass to pear. I was very much an hourglass before I got pregnant. Having two kids really added the weight. I'll see what I'll be after all this weight is gone... thanks for the responses!
Old 02-19-2009, 02:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

The other thing to consider is the size of your shoulders in relation to your hips. My current measurements are 38.5-32-41.5 so a slight pear. However from the front view my hips are actually fairly balanced with my shoulders and the extra 'hip' inches are in my behind. I therefore think I'm more an hourglass than a pear. I was definately more of a pear at my highest weight as my bust was 48" and my hips 54".

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:12 PM   #7  
Starting Over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KforKitty View Post
The other thing to consider is the size of your shoulders in relation to your hips. My current measurements are 38.5-32-41.5 so a slight pear. However from the front view my hips are actually fairly balanced with my shoulders and the extra 'hip' inches are in my behind. I therefore think I'm more an hourglass than a pear. I was definately more of a pear at my highest weight as my bust was 48" and my hips 54".

Kitty
That is something I always wondered why it wasn't put in consideration. Most of my "hip" inches are in the back. I always joked with DH that when we had our first son he made my butt twice as big. I don't have my measurements from before, but I know that I wore mediums loosely (top and bottom) and that my waist was pretty small. *can't wait till I can get back into mediums!* The only thing I'm really worried about is the extra skin on my stomach from pregnancy. I gained 60+ lbs fast with my first and I have the scars to prove it. I don't know if any exercise will help that part, surgery may be the only choice.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:30 PM   #8  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Its funny you say that Nish, I never considered myself to be pear shaped because I don't have a badonkadonk or relatively large hips, but as I've lost the weight, sure enough, my current measurements are 36-33-42
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote