Old 02-17-2009, 07:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 91/68/65 kg

Height: 172 cm 5ft8

Default I think it's time..

I asked for help.

I'm not even sure what to say in this post! Ha ha...

The thing is, i think im really heading in the wrong direction. Ever since the holidays i can't stick to plan for more than 5 days at a time.

In losing this 14 kgs ive already lost, it was hard in the first few weeks but i got in the routine, and never got out of control. But ever since i started introducing occasional treats in on the holidays i feel like i will NEVER be able to get back to where i was.

I mean its not horrible, i definately havn't put on weight. I still exercise pretty much every day, its just those sweet treats once a day i cant stay away from.I just feel so out of control and like i will just end up staying this weight forever.

For example- yesterday i ate perfectly all day, healthy breakfast healthy snack healthy lunch, and then as soon as the afternoon hit, all i could think about was that m&m machine 2m away from me in my office. i even thought about my little quote in my sig "Dont sacrifice your future for a momentary pleasure". But you know what i still went back to that machin 3 times and scoffed 500 calories worth of peanut m&ms. (yes i tried to start with one tiny portion, but im just not that kinda girl...if im gonna have 4 candies im gonna have a WHOLE lot more as well.)

I think another thing that has triggered it was that alot of people have noticed my weight loss...pretty much everyone i know has said something encouraging...but to me its another excuse to get off plan because apparently "i look great!" when technically im still overweight and just not where i want to be, and i know and feel that.

I duno what im trying to say here, but has anyone ever felt like this...and howwwww just how did you get back to where you started.
tarryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Its always hard to get back on track after slipping , it took me a whole month! just start back up slowly and you'll get there")
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:30 PM   #3  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

I've been struggling with that the past few days too - I gave myself a cheat day for Valentine's when I didn't count calories, and I'm struggling with getting back on track. You're still exercising, which is fantastic, and you've come so far - I guess we have to find that commitment inside to keep going. I know that writing EVERYTHING down is what works for me... if I didn't have to write down that bag of peanut m&m's and work dinner around it, I probably would have eaten that entire vending machine down the hall by now. I know we can do it - we've just got to find it inside to keep going.
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

I go through periods when I think why should I deny myself another cookie, etc, I look great as I am! But it's really just an EXCUSE to eat like crap. I'm having a problem with overeating on weekends, but do well mon-fri. It's better than overeating 7 days a week tho! lol
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:35 PM   #5  

aneleh you take the words right out of my mouth. if im really focused i can be good all weel, then the weekends hit and BAM out the window goes all that hard work!, and then this weekend was SO bad i just carried on until today.

Ive been coming back here and reading things alot today so im distracted, it seems to be working.

Yeh i suppose i should start writing everything down again..i do occasionaly but lately i just get so frustrated writing it down it just seems so annoying. Sometimes i even get frustrated with this site, but thats just because i know i should be doing better!
Old 02-17-2009, 10:50 PM   #6  
Priscatip

I completely agree - writing it all down is really annoying. I kind of think that's why it works for me - I don't want to write down and add in numbers in the afternoon so I skip that snack sometimes. And I don't want to look up how many calories are in the cookies somebody left in the conference room, so I don't eat it. That's probably not the healthiest diet advice ever... be like me, I'm too lazy to eat that cookie.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:27 PM   #7  

hahaha i wish i was like you!!...im more..oh i cant be bothered to write it down so ill just forget i even ate it...till i feel guilty the next day when im logging my breakfast!

i think i have maybe had a breakthrough...in my lunch break i went to the supermarket and to the dairy section, and i found a heap of yoghurts that were 75 cals for a tub...and guess what flavour....cheeeseeecaakkee!! i also found little tubs of diet chocolate mousse that are only about 70 cals, just because there is only about 3 spoonfulls in them but ohwell.

I normally eat wholefoods when im on plan, but i figure this could be a way to get me back into that without going all out on chocolate bars cakes ect...if i just stick to these low fat low sugar sweets it cant hurt as much as those right. unless i eat a crap load of them..but i wont...i hope..hehe
Old 02-19-2009, 12:04 AM   #8  
Priscatip

How'd you do today? Back on track?