Old 02-14-2009, 04:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/131.6/108

Height: 5'

Unhappy There is nothing to wear...

So today is V-day, and I'm celebrating my anniversary today. It was tuesday, but me and my fiancee' both had work, and so we have to do it this weekend. We are going to the resteraunt where we first went out and to a movie, like we did on our first date, and then maybe around some other places. I dont know. But here is the problem. I have nothing nice to wear. All my cute clothes that i could wear are too small. Like these really cute skinny jeans i have.. they fit and i can get them on, but with a serious muffin top. I know if i could lose 15 lbs, they would lok great, but hey, i havent done that yet. So i'm going to go out with my fiance, looking like a bum in a t-shirt and jeans, because i havent lost any weight and cant fit into anything cute that i own. Seriously, i tried to put this top on, and even though the top isnt too small.. when i pulled it over my boobs.. the metal v that made the shirt cute (and held the neckline together) snapped like a wishbone! And then when i tried putting on my new (expensive) boots, i found that my dog chewed the toe of one of them and completly ruined it.

Anyways, so i am feeling very discouraged right now. I had been on plan all week (not even a bit over calories) and i got on the scale yesterday and was up .5lb.. and last night i said F it and ate a cheeseburger and fries.. now i'm back up to 152!

So i guess nothing to do but try and enjoy myself tonight. Tomorrow i get to do what feels like starting all over again and go grocery shopping, restock my healthy foods, and exercise like **** and hope it does something. Right now i fear though that my metabolism is so messed up from all the fasting and restricting that i did in my life that i will have to eat nothing to lose weight.

Last edited by aware210; 02-14-2009 at 04:58 PM.
aware210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:14 PM   #2  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

i feel the same way, girl. seriously.
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

So sorry aware! I bet you were heartbroken on the boots thing for certain!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:32 AM   #4  
model wannabe

S/C/G: 230/230/130

Height: 171 cms

hey dont be sad look at all the positive and learn from the negative i know it sucks when you gain what you worked hard to get rid of but you didnt gain it all back and beleive it or not sometimes you gain on the scale but not in shape .even my skinny friends sometimes gain its human nature. and i figured out that everything in life including weight is all about accumaltion of actions and nothing happens overnight so the hard work you did this week will pay maybe next week maybe the one after if not then definetly the one after,

as for clothes go shopping for clothes that fit you at this size and day and make you feel sexy there are cool clothes in other sizes and have fun that day .
as for you diet plans i think you're on the right track and don't go starving yourself your metabolism inc by taking 5 meals inc 2 snacks and excercising.
btw if that is your pic @ 155 you're so sexy dont let sizes put you down.
looloo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:12 AM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

First of all, a hamburger couldn't have undone all of your hard work this week. It sounds like you were happy with your progress before you weighed in, so maybe you should take a couple of weeks to follow the plan religiously and give your body time to adjust before you weigh in again. Someone once told me that whatever you're seeing on the scale today reflects what you were doing 2 weeks ago. I don't know if that's true, but it always made sense for me because I tend to work really hard and then don't see results for a couple of weeks.

Also, you deserve to look good at any size! I know money is tight for a lot of people. I REALLY empathize because I've been telling myself for a year and a half that I'll go clothes shopping when I hit goal, and it hasn't happened yet. Finally I decided this is ridiculous, I need clothes, and as a reward for being OP for the week I've been buying one article of clothing a week from Victoria'sSecret.com (cute clothes on clearance) or the department store sales. It seems like everything is on sale lately. I hardly ever spend more than $10 on something really nice.

Also, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear about your boots and the shirt and your general frustration with clothes. I know it sucks.

Hope you had fun with your sweetie, anyway. Happy anniversary
JoyfulVegGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/131.6/108

Height: 5'

Thanks for all the lovely comments girls. I am feeling much better today. My fiancee and i went out and had a nice dinner yesterday, but today i was back on plan. I restocked my house with healthy foods and cooke a nutritious dinner.

I dont really have a problem with sizes.. i wear a medium top.. size 10/12 bottom. The problem is i used to be alot thinner (like a year ago before culinary school) And all my nicer things just dont fit over the girls (aka boobs)anymore.. (everything i own is like a size small) or over my thighs. Last night my hubby bought me 2 new shirts that were really cute. I was happy to have tried on a large.. they were to big so i went ahead and bought a medium. Also for valentines day my fiance got me a gift card to this spa salon.. so i can go get my hair cut/styled and dyed.. so i am pretty excited about that

Thank you all for being so kind. I was having one of those serious unpretty days yesterday and yall made me fel alot better. I think i am going to put up my scale until March 17th. I have a goal of 139 by then so i will weigh in that day.
aware210 is offline   Reply With Quote