Old 02-14-2009, 10:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/176.2/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Reasonable Weight Loss?

So, I have been trying to lose weight for about two months now, and I've lost 12 pounds. I have almost completely given up soda, and I'm more concious of what I put in my mouth. I also have been using Wii Fit about twice a week for about 30 minutes each time.

I think if I actually calorie count religiously and workout for 30-60 minutes 6 times a week I can really ramp up my weight loss. I'd like to be down to 155 by September, and down to 132 by my birthday at the end of November. This would mean I have to lose 11-15 pounds every six weeks. Is this attainable or am I just fooling myself?
anmitche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:51 PM   #2  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

I am a calorie counter ~And I have lost 35 lbs in 3 months and 3 days ~So its very attainable!!!
Try the calculators at www.freedieting.com to see what a good calorie amount for you would be ~GOODLUCK AND CONGRADULATIONS ON YOUR LOSS SO FAR

Last edited by Lori259; 02-14-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/170/135

Height: 5'4 3/4"

just keep in mind plateaus happen and weight loss slows the closer to goal you get. Also, less calories does not always equal more loss
Roxy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

It's possible, but unfortunately I think you might be setting yourself up for a disappointment. Unless you intend to stick to a high level of calorie burning exercise daily, 10 pounds every 6 weeks could be very difficult after you get below 200 pounds. That number would be very attainable for someone about 50 pounds heavier than you.

It seems, from the experiences of other 3fc members I've seen lately, that weight loss under 200 (even more so under 175) can be very slow and inconsistent, and frequently frustrating.

I think the key to onderland weight loss is celebrating every pound as an achievement, and knowing that even if there's plenty of time between pounds, you will keep losing eventually. Perhaps creating a time schedule at this weight isn't the best idea in the world? Especially one for so far in advance- you never know what will happen in the next 6 months.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:14 AM   #5  
cass

S/C/G: 167/ticker/90

Height: 5'2

yes you can. i know i'm new here but i'm putting on my pom poms starting NOW

fitday.com

enter your weight-your goal weight. it will tell you how much you have to lose a week in order to reach that.

THE BEST PART. is the graph. dark blue line that goes from your start to your goal weight and a (in mine anyway, lol) light blue line that tells you where you ACTUALLY are. the moment i saw myself above that line i started working my *** off

and honestly- i dont know what wii fit is? is it actual exercise? if you want to lose weight, i'd do at least an hour of cardio a day. but if the wii is good, then keep at it

Last edited by IcassiopeiaI; 02-16-2009 at 02:16 AM. Reason: meant a day instead of a week for cardio- oops
IcassiopeiaI is offline   Reply With Quote