Old 02-24-2009, 08:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/236/154

Height: 5'6"

Question 4 Day Detox

I feel like crap!! I am at a weight/size peak and only slowly going upwards
I think I am finally ready to start and stick to something, so I decided the best way to get going was to do a 4 day detox.
Before I begin the actual detox I will slowly cut out bread, meat, coffee and sugar. I have a feeling this will be the hardest thing.
I am complete sugar addict, and bread too lately.

Has anyone cutout these things completely before?? Any things to expect such as headaches etc??

B.
Britt83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:26 PM   #2  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Your body naturally clenses itself and doesnt need a detox. Its just something people cooked up. If any weight is lost, then its due to water loss which will come back when you reintroduce those foods into your diet. Bread and meat are good for your body. Something that cuts them out is not a healthy diet.

I suggest just doing 4 days completely on plan. This should help you lose weight and gain motavation.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I agree with gatorgirl.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

Well I just 3 days ago cut out sugar (except fruits), white bread, rice, and pasta cause I am also addicted lol. Last time I did this I was super grumpy and irritable! I wouldn't have lasted more than 2 days if I didn't have external motivation (it was a bet last time, LOL.)
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/236/154

Height: 5'6"

Those are the things I plan on cutting out. (White bread, rice and pasta, and sweets). Focusing more on fruits and vegetables, chicken and fish. I just know that last time did this (atkins) I had a major headache for 3+ days.
But I think I need to do this to break my addiction.

B.
Britt83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I think that any sudden and extreme changes to your diet, good or bad, will throw you off and make you feel like crap for a while. Especially if you normally consume some caffeine, and you stop cold turkey... then you're getting caffeine withdrawal headaches on top of it all.

Lowering your carb consumption dramatically can also make you feel lethargic and give you headaches. You will feel best if you make sure you're eating plenty of whole grains, fruit, and vegetables.

If you start eating more fiber than usual, you might get some gas/bloating issues, too. That will get better over time.

I'm just saying this all because you asked for things to expect... I think it sounds like you're planning to make some great changes that will be totally worthwhile. I don't think you need any sort of "detox" on top of these changes -- were you thinking of any plan or product in particular? Most of them are useless at best.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

I think its a good idea, especially if you are starting to lower the carbs slowly, you want to do things slowly though, I agree that doing anything too quick isn't so good.

I don't eat bread, maybe once a month if at all. A lot of people might think this is unhealthy, but bread doesn't work in my body. I get bloated, stomach aches, and gain weight instantly. I spoke to my doctor about it, explained why I did it, and showed her what I was eating (I write everything down), and she thought it was good. I also eat rice about once a month, and pasta? Maybe once every 2-3 months? I also don't do caffeine, and try to reduce the sugar in my body, keep it to fruits and veggies. I do have protein at all my meals, keeps my energy up. I also have more energy now than I did when I was eating pasta, bread, caffeine and processed sugar. Be safe, and if you need any meal or snack ideas, let me know

You might get headaches from lack of caffeine, and possibly from lack of sugar. But you are eating foods to keep you energized you shouldn't really have any withdrawls from the pasta or bread.

-Aimee

Last edited by SwimGirl; 02-25-2009 at 01:55 PM.
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

I just wanted to add, everyone has their opinions on what's good for your body.. but in the end, it's YOUR body, you know it better than anyone. Cutting that stuff out worked for me, but it doesn't for others. Trust in yourself and that you know what's best for it. I personally do a cleanse once a year, but again, quite a few people disagree with that, but I need that.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:07 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

If by saying "detox", you mean elminating some foods - like bread, meat, coffee and sugar, then I think it's a good thing. Like has already been stated, detoxing is not necessary.

Elminating foods that derail you and that you believe you are addicted to (as I feel the same way myself), elminating them and going cold turkey has worked wonders for me.

It was difficult the first 10 days or so and then it got MUCH easier. My tastes, wants and desire for them dramatically lessened. Really in the past, the more I ate of them, the more I wanted. It was a vicious cycle.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:17 PM   #10  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

I have to agree with gatorgirl on this one. I think all the weight that you will see come off will come back when you start eating these things again.

As for sugar. Trust me I know ALL about that. I LOVE pepsi, but studies have shown if you can cut out sugar for 2 weeks, then your need for it will be gone.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote