Old 01-27-2009, 11:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Default I need a new fitness challenge!

I've been working out, doing pretty good.

I can easily do 10 miles on my exercise bike and do 20 miles once a week. I did 30 day shred for a few months and loved the results. I run for 30 min at least twice a week sometimes more depending on the weather. I do lots of strength moves weekly (squats, all types of crunches, push ups, etc....)

I'm bored! I can't afford a gym right now and not sure what else I can do. Is there a good dvd that I haven't tried yet?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:53 AM   #2  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

I do tae bo cardio and tae bo ultimate abs/ultimate butt. they are killer! and really upbeat...keeps me motivated anyway
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 135/132.5/125

Height: 5ft4in

I've always wanted to try P90x, but I dont have the space to workout in my house. Have you tried the home workout I posted a while back? It's my fail safe, but hard!
Kataclismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Bcarter- I've tried one tabeo video and didn't like it at all. I'm not sure which one it was.

K- No, I didn't. Where is it?
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:47 PM   #5  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

I'm exactly like you, I constantly have to have a challenge or I get bored. My current goals are to be able to run a 10K in and hour (June 13th is race day) and to do a mini triathalon (I think I'm going to sign up for one in Oxnard this summer). I constantly try to improve on what I can do now to be better later. You can work on using more resistance, going faster or for longer periods of time.

Oh I just started this 100 push ups and 200 sit ups challenge... its about a 6 week program and you work you way up each week to being able to do 100 consecutive push ups and 200 consecutive sit ups. Might want to give that a try? Here is the link: http://www.hundredpushups.com/index.html (you can find the sit up link on there).

Hope you find something new you like!
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/153/145

Height: 5'9"

Pilates or yoga?? They use completely different muscles than the ones you're working out now so that could be a good change. They're not extremely demanding, though.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:07 PM   #7  
Sexy Fat Girl

S/C/G: 355/ticker/140-for the moment

Height: 5'7

I am going to order the Flirty Girl Fitness dvds, I don't know if you have Comcast on demand but they have a preview of some of the tapes on exercise tv, and if you go to exercise tv.com I think they have them there too...I have been doing them on tv for a few days and I think I am going to get the dvds. I think that there is also an infomercial about them sometimes...Its really fun to do!!
sharpie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:48 PM   #8  

Do you have any goals with your running? Do you want to be able to run a mile at a certain pace? Increase your distance?

Or just maybe try something new - is there anywhere you can swim?

Maybe you can pick up a sport? My main motivation is my lacrosse team. Not only do I make fitness goals to do better at it, but the practices itself are a great way to switch up exercises!
Viatre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:15 PM   #9  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

hey girl!

try www.meetup.com and see if there are any fitness groups in your area. i found a wonderful group of ppl that do outdoor workouts and it has helped to break the monotony (sp?)

i heard that the biggest loser new boot camp video is pretty intense. i have the firm videos and turbo jam and i mix it up with those as well.

oh also u can youtube a lot of really great workouts to keep it fresh. there is a lot of great stuff on there

i also go to fitness magazine websites and try stuff to shake it up a bit
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:29 PM   #10  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

Height: 5'7"

Flirty Girl Fitness!!!!!
nicki rose98 is offline   Reply With Quote