Old 01-19-2009, 08:53 AM   #1  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

Default OT - rude guy strangers (rant and long)

it's really bother me that i have to open a thread for this.

I've been receiving alot of strangers giving me signs that I totally hate it and I would ignore. But it's been alot that it annoys me so much i have to rant.

First is when I go into a place/restaurant (with my Boyfriend). There are guys who just keep staring at me for a long time. It really creeps me out. I don't like that kind of attentions at all. FOr example, there's this one guy who kept staring at me while i was eating for 30 minutes - and i had to tell my bf and when my bf looked at him, that guy stood up and went away, or like when we went shopping, those strangers just kept staring for no reasons. It's annoying.

Second is guys that i meet when i walk on the street. There are guys who would whistle and say some stuff like "hey baby, are you alone? let me take you home" - etc etc... I would ignore them all but after that they would say "such an ugly ***** but act all high and mighty".

Yes, i completly ignore them all. But it happens alot recently that it's getting on my nerve. My guy friend said it's because i attract attentions, and excuse me but I don't like that kind of RUDE Attentions like that. I'm like, whenever I see those guys, I'm pretty sure they at least 3-4 years younger than me (ok, they look like teenagers) - so I shouldn't get upset about them. But I just want to slap them and then say like "go to find a manner class and learn it properly". I feel like my private is being disturb and i seriously HATE it.

Sorry it's pretty long, but i feel better when i let this out. Thx for reading.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 294/see ticker/190

Height: 6ft 0.5 inches

it's hard to ignore the comments. even when you've walked away there's always that "he called me fat" thought isn't there?

in a way i guess that you should be pleased you're being noticed but these guys, they don't realise that a lot of people don't like their comments and attentions.

i wish i could offer you more help
anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:54 AM   #3  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

The best I can tell you is to ignore them....most young men act really immature and if you go around knowing that it might make it a bit easier to handle.

As for the guys that stare at you...look over at them once & with as much disdain as you can muster then don't give them a second thought!

Really...life is too short to dwell on people's behavior. You will encounter very rude people regardless on what side of the weight battle you are on and it's up to you to determine if you want to waste your time with them or not
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:08 AM   #4  
Make thisbe for something

S/C/G: 254/228/160

Height: 5'8"

Oh I would have gone ballistic! I can't stand it when people think they can just say or do whatever they want. I'm out at events a lot for my job and I cannot believe some of the things people will just come out and say to you. I would say to ignore them too, but I know it's hard, I wouldn't be able to.
mypunkrockromance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Girl, I feel you! I try not to let people's comments bother me but it's hard especially when you're already annoyed! Sometimes I feel sorry for the person that sets me off... and most of the time what they did or say wasn't that bad, but it was the straw that broke the camel's back and it's all she wrote.

But I have to remind myself that even bad compliments are better them being called fat or something else.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:43 AM   #6  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

thx everyone, you girls all make me feel better. I guess becuz of this flu i'm having that my mind and mood aren't very good to begin with, to deal with these situations.

And yes anastasia that's exactly what i feel. Even when i completely ignore them, but the thought of "they called me ugly? they called me fat?" is still there and it's bothering me. And it makes me think like "am i really ugly?" etc...

If it's a girl's opinion, I might get myself thinking "she's jealous" - but when it's from a guy's opinion - it's hard to think that way since i hardly can imagine they're jealous of a girl's beauty, you know. T_______T

when a guy said "you're beautiful" - I always think they said it because of politeness, not from their bottom of hearts - and when someone said negative things about me, I always take it to heart T_T

Last edited by Annita; 01-20-2009 at 03:45 AM.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote