Old 01-25-2009, 12:30 PM   #1  
weeeeeeeeeeeee

Height: 5'9"

Default my heart is in ten million pieces.

Last edited by 8mickey2; 06-20-2014 at 06:06 PM.
8mickey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:08 PM   #2  
the chubby child

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. Just remember that you are a strong person, and you did what was best for you. If you two end up together again, just take now as a learning experience. Whatever happens, you're a wonderful person and you can accomplish anything you set your mind to. Don't let it get you down. <3
plum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:19 PM   #3  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

The same thing happened to me almost exactly a year ago. Trust me, it gets better. I had about 6 months of wanting him back and planning elaborate revenge schemes in my head, but after that it faded.

We're actually kind of friends now. Either way I do NOT want him back at this point. I have a new boyfriend who I love with no reservations and it's a million times better. If I was still with him I would probably be content to miserable instead of extremely happy.

Trust me, it hurts now. But do NOT get back together. You broke up for a reason, and for the most part, people don't change unless they really, really want to, and sometimes even then they can't. There are other guys out there, even if it doesn't feel like it now.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavingServo View Post

Trust me, it hurts now. But do NOT get back together. You broke up for a reason, and for the most part, people don't change unless they really, really want to, and sometimes even then they can't. There are other guys out there, even if it doesn't feel like it now.
I agree with the above.

Do you read? Sometimes reading can be comforting if you can concentrate enough. I just bought a book yesterday that might help. The first quote in it is:

And the time came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

The book is called "Broken Open; How difficult times can help us grow" by Elizabeth Lesser.

I only read the first chapter in the store, but that quote just grabbed me and I knew the universe spoke to me in helping me find it.

Just think of this time as a withdrawal period from a drug, it's going to be AWFUL, but you WILL get through it, there WILL BE AN END! and you need a good support system right now. Don't isolate. It would be like trying to kick a heroin habit on your own!

~CGH~

Last edited by choirgirlhotel; 01-25-2009 at 03:04 PM.
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:17 PM   #5  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

I really don't have anything I can tell you except give you a BIG !!!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'8"

You did the right thing. It's ok to hurt now, it's just part of the process. Good for you for going to the gym. I would have probably stayed home and eaten crap food all day. You are strong, time heals all wounds.
ella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:39 PM   #7  

I had a two year relationship that ended for quite similiar reasons - no one thing as such, just him being an...yes, anyway, moving on.

I'm very sorry for your pain. But this may well bring something better - my current boyfriend is LOADS better, we've been living together for over 6 months now despite not reaching our 1 year anniversary, and it works great. My ex however, was very inferior and would never have managed that.

So many people out there you havn't met yet.

And yes I totally agree with the "you broke up for a reason" line.
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:09 PM   #8  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

As as cheesy and dumb as self-help books are "It's Called a Break Up Because It's Broken" really helped me get over my last ex. I got it out of the library when I was hurting and saw it randomly on a shelf and it really helped me out. And I am not a self-help kind of girl.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:12 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

So sorry hun. Time will heal you!
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/240/146

Height: 5ft7

O honey,

I remember the night I sat in the room I shared with my then bf, it had been 3 years and I loved him but something wasn't right, we weren't getting on. I left.

It hurts, my god it hurts like beep for ages. I am not going to say that it doesn't but it does get better.
you find yourself again. you will find love and you will be loved back.

at the moment I know you feel like doing nothing but crying....do that, and then when you feel up to it, start doing wee things to make yourself feel happy, even if its for a minute or two.

xxxx
katyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:44 PM   #11  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

give it time, you WILL feel better, even if that seems impossible now. When i had an awful break up i went to one of my best friends house, didnt tell her anything but just sat and cried adn was comforted. I dont know if you have anyone you can go to who will just let you cry, but if you do then you should go to them. I felt like all i wanted was to be left alone in my misery but company really did help. It reminded me that there are other people important in my life, and that the world will keep going no matter how much it seems to be falling apart from me- that in itself was strangely comforting.

I read a lot. And drank a load of tea. And i walked! I walked miles and miles, every day i would walk, just to do something- to get into a pace and not have to think about anything. If you are part of a club DONT stop going- those people probably care about you and routine helps

it gets better, even if you have to take each day minute by minute.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:49 PM   #12  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

I honestly know how it feels! and it's horrible! all I can say is each day will get a bit easier.. and a few months from now you'll say hey I made it through this- I don't know how but I did..

When My first love broke up with me It devastated my world! I couldn't eat, sleep, go to school, nothing! I remember laying on the bathroom floor throwing up and crying for hours because the whole things just made me that sick from it! but then again mine had cheated on me with my best friend.. ugh.. anyways

you'll make it through this! you will! and you'll be a stronger person for it! just think abotu it this way at least your doing it now instead of another year or two down the road when you'll have invested 5 years into the relationship...

and if he can change and things are meant to be you'll end up back together!

in the mean time try and keep your self busy- that what got me through it I was in college for cosmetology school at the time and when ever I'd get teary eyes I work on some one hair or get my manican head out and just do it for the fun of it.. but do what ever you like to do that will keep you focused, paint, or scrap book, draw, write poerty, play games, go out dancing, what ever it is that can keep your mind focused on soemthing else

Last edited by mariamherrera; 01-25-2009 at 04:52 PM.
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

*hugs* I broke up with my boyfriend about 15 months ago because things between us just weren't working properly. It hurt like nothing I'd felt before. I was living with my sister at the time and just crawled into her bed and howled, sobbed, choked and whimpered all night - the poor thing got no sleep but she's an angel sister.

However, the reasons we weren't working were due to a combination of his having an undiagnosed and untreated severe depression and my inability to NOT take that depression personally.

After about 2 - 3 months of "not being together" but talking it through as friends...me having a huge re-think on how I approach situations and he seeing a doctor and receiving help - we got back together.

Now I know people say "don't go back" but hey...we did...and we're still going strong.

Sometimes people need a wake up call and sometimes it's for the best. Each case is individual.

*hugs again* - I used to pound the pain out at the gym as well lol. Ironically when we got back together I was in the best shape of my life :P
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:32 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

Yea, I've been through this too, except I handled it reeaaally badly. My friends gave me good advice and I totally ignored it and it just made it harder to get over him. So I would suggest that you try not to talk to him for a few months... at all. It will give you and him time to think rationally and with a clear head. I know its hard, but you will feel better!
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:26 PM   #15  

Oh hunnie...I'm so sorry. I broke up with my fiance of 5 years over the summer...it was devastating and I felt like a monster for doing so...but people change in time, paths divide and people start moving in different directions.

I promise time heals. Hang tight and let it out to close family or a best friend...they'll make you feel better! Crying helps, too...but don't dwell for too long. Once you feel a bit stronger, get yourself out of the house.

Keep your chin up love! It's hard now, but the time will come when you'll realize you did the right thing!

*hugs*
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote