3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   *****Weekly Chat Jan 12-18****** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/161272-%2A%2A%2A%2A%2Aweekly-chat-jan-12-18%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A.html)

CakeBatter 01-12-2009 11:09 AM

*****Weekly Chat Jan 12-18******

GoooooD Morning Ladies,

I didn't see a new chat anywhere so I thought I would start one.

I have good news I didn't cave in and eat an ice cream sandwich last night. It was hard but I managed. I got my gym bag in the car all ready to hit the Y when I get off work:carrot:. I am off to a good start. :)

I am back at work and in the flow of things. I usually hate Mondays but it is not that bad since Pittsburgh Steelers won last night and are on our way to the AFC Championship. I get to gloat to the boyz at work...HAHA

I hope everyone's day is going great.:hug: for everyone.

Bejeweled I love the new pic. And understand about prolonging the visit. It really doesn't matter in the end but it does make you feel better. You look great.

Taylor Thanks

Vday and HWGA I can come too. I LOOOVE Partying

Blcarter84 01-12-2009 11:14 AM

I am doing much better this morning. Trying to convince myself that in a couple of months if I keep up the progress I WILL feel and look great...better then I have in YEARS! So I think once I bust through the 190's I will feel MUCH better about things. Everytime I have lost weight I always get stuck at 190 and 170....darnit...well I'm bustin through it this time and hopefully before the end of the month:) if not next week

CakeBatter 01-12-2009 11:19 AM

Carter Looks like we are in the same boat. I am soooooo tired of the 190's. It is my Valentine's Day wish.

leighish 01-12-2009 11:22 AM

I"m tired of the 180s!

shantroy 01-12-2009 11:45 AM

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I has my company xmas party on saturday. It was awesome. I hurt my ankle in the conga line (fell of my high heel shoe when my boss did a pretty violent hip shake), but other than that it was excellent. The theme of the party was "We go together like...." I won a Knife and fork, a box of Mac and Cheese, a small bottle or rum and a can of coke and some gin and tonic. I totally cleaned up at all the games. Totally cheesy but soooooooooooooo much fun! I looked pretty good too. I wore a wicked low cut black satin blouse, that made the girls look AMAZING, black crushed velvet tuxedo pants that fit perfectly, and a georgeous pair of black pantent leather 3 inch heels. I felt so sexy and classy. I need to find another place to wear that outfit!

I did get into a mini spat with my roommate. Before the party we went shoping coz I still needed one or two things. She kept aksing me to try on various outfits, that were totally not my style. Even after we got home, she kept trying to get me to try on every dress in her closet. When I kept telling her that it wasn't my taste or quite right for the party (trying to be as polite as possible)... she got a little ticked off and told me "I had a very narrow minded very of clothes. And should learn to like other kinds of stuff." I kinda wanted to snap. It's not a big deal but it was kinda frustrating. Just needed a mini vent. ***Rant Over***

Blcarter I'm in the same boat, I just wanna be out of the 150s it's my v-day goal!
Cakebatter Way to go on the icecream sandwich. Can you pass some of the motivation my way? Our receptionist just put of a dish of goodies and it has tootsie rolls and jujubes in it. My two favourite candies. Help!

rnbg813 01-12-2009 11:48 AM

Anybody else hate Mondays as much as me?! Actually today hasn’t been too bad so far, AND.....I was down 1/2 a pound! HAHA. Hey it’s a start right? I am over my bronchitis enough to get to the gym now, so tonight will be the first time all year for me! I am way excited. Also, I put a reserve on the South Beach Diet book at my library, so hopefully I will get that tomorrow.

My goal for today: 30 minutes cardio at the gym, weights if I have time, and to drink 8 large glasses of water. So far I am 2/8.

One day at a time!!

Blcarter84 01-12-2009 11:50 AM

Dis- You are too kind to me:) Can you just move here so we can be friends hehe! I need some good ones...seems all the people I thought were true to me were really liars boohoo
Shantroy- yay on lookin sexy mama:) Too bad for your roomie being a damper. But glad that you had fun at the party
Alright ladies...seriously I am going to work out now...catch ya'll lata

CakeBatter 01-12-2009 11:59 AM

Troy It walways when someone trys to force their ideas and opinions on you. On the bright you were fabulous at the party.

RNBG Hey you are off to a good a start. SO far so good. I jsut have to stay motivated all thru work to make it to the gym......

Guess what ladies....I signed up for bellydancing. It starts Wednesday. I'll keep you posted. I took it before a few years ago but I moved and there wasn't a class around. I gotta start at level I again since it has been so long. But I am still so excited.

Bee20nine 01-12-2009 12:18 PM

Mondays are the mondays ugh. I called the agency that is running the interviews for this job I am going for bc I gotten an email this week that they will soon be scheduling the next one, then on saturday I got a POSTCARD in the mail saying that I was no longer being considered my app was active for 30 days etc. I was like wtf, so I called and I am still being considered and I should hear something by the end of the day. Grrr I wish this agency would get their ducks in a row.

On lighter notes I went to the gym this morning and did the 2.5 mi on the treadmill and free weights, core strengthening etc.

Cake: Belly dancing? sounds like soooooo much fun and something I would so do I wish I wasn't broke.

Carter: My dear you are gorgeous, the silly number on the scale doesn't define your beauty.

leighish 01-12-2009 12:23 PM

how good is belly dancing for stomach toning?

CakeBatter 01-12-2009 12:28 PM

Last time my waist got noticeably smaller (more hour glass like) but I have never seen my abs before (i mean in my whole life) so maybe I am not the one to answer that. However the thinner girls in my class' abs are the sh**.

bjeweled 01-12-2009 12:34 PM

cake - thanks girl! this pic is from august when i first cut my hair like that it has been ninety different ways since then. i just loved how i felt that weekend and i think it shows in the picture. ice cream sandwiches are the debble!:devil: (movie trivia??!???!!) lmao unless they are skinny cow! i have some of those in the fridge yummy! u should try them.
belly dancing sounds like so much fun! ive been taping shimmy on fit tv but havent tried it yet.

becky -first of all you are beautiful! second, you really are losing weight pretty rapidly i think you will be fine just stay consistent girl. i am thinking about trying south beach one more time to see if i can get this weight loss jumpstarted cause i am losing inches but not pounds ugh. and trust i have pounds to lose. just keep it up girl do what you know u need to do and you'll be "sexytime in 2009" in no time! ;)

disg - why u gotta stand outside that sounds wretched.

shantroy - conga line accident sounds blooper show worthy lol i hope you are okay! yr roommate sounded ridiculous. i dont borrow my roomies clothes but she borrows mine i just dont like her "style" to put it nicely lol

bee- that job is crazy if u really want it i hope it works out but they sound unorganized

i have to clean my house today!!! if idont the junk will swallow me for sure. i start my crazy school schedule wednesday and i go out of town friday so i have to get it done before that otherwise i will surely flunk. i cant be productive in junk!

i have not lost a pound in a week and i am sooo pissed ive been working out like crazy! so i plan to tweak my eating a bit. and see if that helps this week. if not when i return from vaca i will start south beach and see if that will help me break this craziness. i have been working hard i deserve to see that scale move lol.

leighish 01-12-2009 12:36 PM

cake: At this point in the game, my legs are toned, my arms are toned, my shoulders are toned, but my midsection is still sad :(. I guess I think maybe I should try something new? the shred doesn't seem to be helping me much.

shantroy 01-12-2009 12:54 PM

bejewled It was pretty funny. I was a tad bit inebriated, by the time the conga line rolled around. I grabbed on to our president's hip and was conga-ing away, when he gave a pretty good hip thrust to the right and I just went on down (nearly took his pants off in the process) I kicked off my other shoe and kept on conga-ing. It was very amusing. But my ankle is killing me this morning!

rnbg813 01-12-2009 01:17 PM

So...it seems like you guys all know eachother pretty well already, but I'm new here, so I'll ask anyway -

what do you guys do? Work, stay at home, mom, school?

I'm a paralegal for personal injury attorneys. I'm married and my husband is STILL in school, haha....he's in his 3rd year of dental school, about a year and a half left. We don't have any kids yet but are thinking of getting pregnant in about a year or so. Well, I want a baby NOW but he wants to wait till he's done with school and I guess I do want to wait until I am a little thinner to get pg.

How about you?

Here we go again 01-12-2009 01:36 PM

Hey girls, I woke up and couldn't breathe today... my nose is so stuffed! I'm not at work. I called in.

So the club called me yesterday afternoon. He was sick (which I knew) and didn't wake up until 11:30 that night. He said he was so sorry and wanted to see me. So I went over to his house and hung over with him and his cousin. It was fun, but they smoke and I don't and am not use to being around it. I think that's why I can't breathe. He called me this morning but I was asleep and didn't answer. He wants to go out this weekend. We'll see.

Sorry, no personals right now.

rnbg813 01-12-2009 01:44 PM

oh, my name is rachel, btw. Now I wish I would have just used my name in my username, but it doesn't look like there is a way to change your username.......??

bjeweled 01-12-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnbg813 (Post 2546060)
So...it seems like you guys all know eachother pretty well already, but I'm new here, so I'll ask anyway -
what do you guys do? Work, stay at home, mom, school?

hey i'm brie i am 25 i am a full time student. i am not working because of my grueling school schedule. i watch my niece during the day when i can though and make a little money doing that. i dont have any kids, not married, no boyfriend but hoping that will change soon lol.

i graduate in may with my BS in Sports and Entertainment Management and i am sooo excited. i want to be at or near goal at that point. thats about it about me i guess

Taylor86 01-12-2009 01:49 PM

Geeze! I sleep in one morning and the chat is already two pages! Wow.

I went to the store last night and bought food and I have a question for everyone. How often do you go to the store - including stopping in for milk and bread weekly and about what you averagely spend on food.

The boy and I are trying to get a budget down and any input would be nice! Thanks!

It snowed today in Colorado. About 5 inches where I am at - but it sucks because today is the day I am gonna do all my running around and laundry today :( BUT I am also making it to the gym to do my 40 minutes of elliptical after my breakfast settles.

cake Good job on not eating that ice cream sandwich! I know that's super hard. It does get easier, though! Belly dancing sounds great! I don't think I would have the guts to do it bit kudos to you! Rock it for both of us!!:belly:

shan That sounds like a great party - and that outfit sounds so pretty! I am sorry about your ankle and I hate it when my friends try to do my clothes, hair or makeup -- they always make me look like a hooker. Haha.

rnbg Wow honey! It sounds like you have such a great attitude about your weight loss! I love it! :carrot: I also love the fact you are making goals for today...small steps...!!! As for me, my name is Taylor I am 22 and a full time student with a double major in Theater and English (although I am a HORRIBLE speller lol) and a minor in Secondary Ed. to answer your question. Oh, and my fiance is going to be in school forever so I totally feel ya on that one! To change your username to go user CP in your upper left hand corner and it will be on your left!

carter:hug: You'll get outta the 190's in no time! I think you are doing great and your pictures from New Years really made me smile! And so did your shoes!

Bee Great job on going to the gym! Woot! And agencies like that are a pain - I have never had good luck with them but I really hope you get this job!

jeweled I totally understand about "not productive in junk"!! I cleaned in entire apartment when I recomitted to my weight loss. It makes me feel so much better if everything is organized. I even went as far as to get a shoe rack for my closest. Now I can actually see the floor - imagine that! As for your scale not moving -- are you doing any weights? When I start using weights the scale doesn't move for at least 2 weeks because, yes, muscles weighs more than fat. Keep shakin' it like Beyonce' Ms. Brie - you'll get there!

hwga I am sorry that he smokes. Is that something you can get over? Well hey - at least he called!

Bee20nine 01-12-2009 02:02 PM

Has anyone seen the new Subway commercials? OMG I seen it last night and about died laughing. People eating traditional fast food and buttons popping off their pants and shirts I couldn't help myself. If that isn't motivation to not eat fast food I don't know what is.

I tried to find a link on youtube, but can you imagine they don't have one?

CakeBatter 01-12-2009 02:02 PM

Jewel THEY ARE SKINNY COW!!!! I just knew I didn't need one because I would have to use flex points. But I sure do love them. I get them from Costoc in a box of 20 cause my BF eats them too. BTW I am jealous you are going to the inauguration....

Troy I am sorry you hurt your ankle...but the story is friggin hilarious.

Racheal I am 25. I am designer for a defense contractor. Out if school for the semester. I live with my BF for now. It seems like you are doing well with your weightloss so far....you have a great attitude

HWGA I knew something must have happened....he just seemed to be so in to you.

Taylor It is so fun. It really works muscles you didn't know you had. And when you hear music anywhere you'll feel your hips moving quite smoothly. To answer you question. If we go and have to get everything it is $150.00 plus the occassional stop in for the "forgottens". But we also shop at Costco so it lasts quite awhile for two people except the water....

artsnsmarts 01-12-2009 02:22 PM

rnbg -- I'm a student at a super rigorous university in Boston. I'm a theatre major (like Taylor!) and do professional work outside school (commercials, voice overs, extra work in movies, etc.). I'm also a waitress. My life is hectic, haha! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand my guy will be in school forever as well. Doctorate? Who needs a DOCTORATE. Haha.

So here I am ladies, first day of being back on the wagon. I'm feeling good so far :-) I have good food in my apt to make good eating choices with and I'm really excited because my friend is back from Spain!! He's pretty much one of my best friends here and he was in Spain last semester, so I'm THRILLED to see him again. He's treating us to dinner tonight to thank us for storing his things (...like his 52" plasma "stored" in our living room, ahahaha!) and helping him move back in, so I have to make sure I make good choices when I'm out!

rnbg813 01-12-2009 02:49 PM

Brie - congrats on your almost graduation! that is awesome. I went to 2 years of college and then quit after we got married to put him through school and b/c i kinda hate school and didn't know what i wanted to do. Now I wish I had a degree. I think I will go back someday but I still need to figure out what I want to do besides be a mom :)

taylor - wow sounds like you have a lot going on in school right now! I checked the user CP but still didn't see an option for changing the username. I'm thinkin' its just not possible (or i'm a bimbo, which isn't hard to imagine!). thanks though!

CakeBatter - Thanks for the encouragement!

artsnsmarts - What is your SO getting his doctorate in?! after my husband graduates May of 2010 he will do a residency for a year or two years......so we see the light at the tunnel but its still kinda far away! by that time he will have been in school for either 9 or 10 years after highschool! Whew! It'll be worth it though, and at least he's driven to do it b/c I'm not! HAHA.

Hippolyta 01-12-2009 03:00 PM

Hey ladies!

Last night I actually dreamed that I ate an entire quart of chocolate ice cream. It was bizarrely vivid and a little upsetting because I was breaking the heck out of my diet! Then I woke up and felt very very relieved.

You ladies ever had crazy food dreams like that?

shantroy 01-12-2009 03:04 PM

Hi rachel, I'm 25 and work as a corporate trainer for a large audio visual company. I pop in and out of the forums and my job requires me to travel a fair bit and I don't always have the time or internet access to visit as often as I like.

My bf and I have been together for just over 2 years. We're not living together and have no plans to get married anytime soon (much to the dismay for many of those around us).

I'm currently taking a distance studies course in Psychology and hope to go back and get my Masters in the next couple of year. I just don't know if I'm ready to be a broke student once again! I like pay cheques! But I do really want to go back to school, I just need to figure out when.

artsnsmarts 01-12-2009 03:05 PM

rnbg -- he's actually just applying to grad schools now, but he's DEFINITELY on his way. It's pretty much his biggest goal in life, and I can't imagine that he'll stop anywhere short of it. He's an American History FREAK and is looking into studying the writings of the founding fathers....Article of Confederation, etc etc etc. Unfortunately, I'm a really good writer and he has problems with grammar, so I get to read his 20+ page papers!! Haha!

Taylor86 01-12-2009 03:15 PM

I just did 40 minutes on the elliptical - went over 3 miles and burned 500 calories.

...I am kinda sweaty....

rnbg813 01-12-2009 03:17 PM

Taylor, that is AWESOME! I'm getting so pumped to go to the gym tonight! I'm 3/8 for my glasses of water!!

CakeBatter 01-12-2009 03:24 PM

GO TAYLOR GO TAYLOR IT"S YOUR BIRHTDAY ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY You give me so much motivation:carrot: I love love love your new pic sassy mama

RACH Can I call you rach? Good jobe on your water. I know it is hard for lots of people. Funny thing is the more I drink the more I want it. Other drinks don't quench my thirst anymore.

TROY I absolutely love psychology. I think that is what I want to major in. Now just gotta get back enrolled...

HIPPOLYTA That is so funny because I thought I was the only one who wierd dreams about food. I actually dreamed i was being chased by a PB&J sandwich. Yeah I know.....

sabrinaforless 01-12-2009 03:42 PM

Hey everyone - I'm new to the forum. :) Thought I'd post here to say what's up?

Cakebatter - Congrats on your willpower. Man, ice cream sandwhich - Mmm... haven't had one of those in a while. I've been craving some pistachio nut though. Belly Dancing sounds fun... I don't think I'd ever feel comfortable to do any type of dance in front of people without my midsection gone. :D

Blcarter84 - Keep your head up, you'll get past it. :)

Bee20nine - Aw man, I'm looking for a job too. :( It's no bueno. I applied to an agency but they have yet to call me back even though they said there was something right up my alley. *sigh* Well best of luck to you.

rnbg813 - I've never hated Mondays. I actually hate Sundays cause they have to end. *raises fist in the air* Congrats on the.5 lb loss. :P Keep it up. Man, downing water is so hard to do. I've been detoxing so all I'm drinking is liquid - yummy! Water is a treat. :P Btw, welcome!

Hippolyta - lol That's funny. The night before I started detoxing I dreamt that I ate some really fatty food like burger and fries. Aw man that was horrible. Dreams can be so evil! My mind is constantly playing tricks on me.

bjeweled - Awesome! You're almost close to graduation, good for you! Education is so important to me. Unfortunately I'm still at the starters line. I have 2 more math classes to take before I can transfer to a University. Boo. Major (as of now) is International Relations.

Taylor86 - Woohoo on your workout. The ellipitical always kicks my butt. My calves get mega sore. It's been a while since I've had a gym membership so now I do outdoor exercise but man did my calves cramp (even with stretching). Awesome for you though! Keep it up, girlie!

I'm actually happy that Monday started. Even though I'm still doing the job search, I feel a lot more optimistic about things than usual. The new school semester just started today and even though I'm unemployed I know that since the Holidays are over with looking for a job will be much easier (I've been unemployed for about 2 months now). As for exercise stuff, I usually do exercises later in the evening, unfortunately I'm going to have to start earlier today cause I have class tonight!! :) Lost water weight... lol like 5lbs. Awesome though. Hoping that my detox will burn off some stubborn fat. We shall see.

shantroy 01-12-2009 03:45 PM

cakebatter I was a psych major, but switched to sociology after my second year. The school I was at, really focused on biology aspect of pyschology and it just wasn't for me. Over the last couple of years, I decided that I'd really like to get my Masters in Counselling. Since I don't have a psych degree I have to take a few psych course to meet the requirements. I hear ya on the getting back in enrolled.... I'm terrified about being a full time student again.

CakeBatter 01-12-2009 03:49 PM

Hey guys. I just bought the 30DS off Barnes and Nobles.com because I heard so much about it. I figured 20 min a day ....I can do that. I am excited to use it. Has anyone used it before and got results? I sae on the "favorite workout DVD" thread.

Sabrina WELCOME. Awesome on your 5lbs loss. I just love bellydancing. I have a midsection too. I actually hate but I know if I keep working at it, it willgo away and then I can show it off. So I guess I am learning moves now for when I am skinny...LOL

sabrinaforless 01-12-2009 03:54 PM

What is a 30DS?

rnbg813 01-12-2009 03:59 PM

sabrina - haha i have the same problem with sunday nights.....i never want to go to bed b/c that means that when i wake up it is monday! drive DH nuts!

also, 30DS is the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels of the Biggest Loser. I haven't tried it but my friend *loves* it.

cakebatter - you can call me rach no problem!

water is usually pretty hard for me to drink, but I can down juice no problem. juice has calories though. I've tried some of the flavored waters but dont really like any of them. I like the water at my house but the water at work (where i am ALL day) tastes weird, i dont know why....

I can't decide if I like the elliptical or the treadmill better. Sometimes I think I work harder on the treadmill b/c I set it to a certain level/speed and I *have* to keep up! With the elliptical I find that I catch myself slowing down for no reason....any thoughts?

artsnsmarts 01-12-2009 04:03 PM

rnbg -- Why not bring a BIG bottle of water from home into work with you? And if you don't like water, try drinking REALLY diluted juice, or, more accurately, using juice to flavor your water. It really works! Just fill a bottle almost all the way with water and then add a little of your favorite juice. I also love lemon/lime in my water. Give it a try, because calories from juice add up pretty fast, and water just makes you feel good!

Taylor -- YOU ARE SO AWESOME!! I'm impressed.

Sabrina -- welcome!! :)

sabrinaforless 01-12-2009 04:09 PM

Rachel -- I've never EVER watched BIGGEST LOSER, I don't normally watch tv. In fact, I dislike it. I mostly watch movies OR if I do watch tv it's the Discovery Channel for me. My aunt called me up one day was like, "Don't be offended but I want you to try out for BL." OH yeah, sure that's not offensive. But really it didn't bother me too much. But I definitely wouldn't ever go on a show like that. If I'm going to be in front of the camera I want to look hot. Maybe I should check that book out though.

taragettingthin 01-12-2009 04:15 PM

Hello everyone...
Been forever... and ever.
I have always been thinking about 3FC but just felt ashamed of myself for not keeping up as I should have.
I haven't gained that much but haven't lost either. Just back and forth and still in the 170's. I just updated my ticker and it says that I was 4 lb lighter almost 4 months ago. I can't believe it's been that long! Sigh... I think I kinda stopped after the visit to Korea... :(
I am going to start again really well and... missed you guys! I still see some familiar names, which I'm so glad to see. WTG girls!!

bjeweled 01-12-2009 04:15 PM

cake - oh! i understand i used to WW i might go back when i am closer to goal. yr making me really want to start bellydancing i am going to dvr some more shimmy and try it out

taylor - lol thanks that was so cute and made me smile lol. i totally love her its kind of weird. when i am in the gym i call her motivation cause i want a toned but still curvy body like hers. and ive had that before so i know its not a dream just a distant reality right now lol

hwga is the 30DS poster child lol! u should ask her but ive done it for a bit and saw amazing results in a short period of time. i had to clean my dryer out because the roommates jeans stained it blue. i'm glad i noticed b4 all of my clothes were blue. it would have been some furniture movin in this mofo lol

taragettingthin 01-12-2009 04:15 PM

Taylor, by the way I love your new pic! Cute!

rnbg813 01-12-2009 04:23 PM

Sabrina -

don't worry I've never seen it either. i think its on nbc (?) which I don't get. even if it was, i think there are already two other shows that I watch on at the same time :)

BTW, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for American Idol to start tomorrow. It's my favorite show and last season was the best EVER! I'm excited to see what AI8 has in store :)