Old 01-15-2009, 05:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 11st/-/9st

Default bad week - back at college

Horrible dieting week. I'm just back at college so i had been at my mums house all week, i dont know why i even attempted to eat well there. Maybe its regression to childhood but i always end up living in the chocolate cupboard. Plus, the guy i was seeing broke up with me, by text!
So all in all, no weight lost. But i find it much easier to eat properly here, at least when i make the effort to cook for myself. I just feel so much more in control when im in my own space. If i want chocolate i actually have to get up and walk to the shop, but at home theres nice things everywhere!
Any other students feel the same, or does anyone find it easier to be healthy when with family?

Last edited by Umberto; 01-15-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Umberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:39 AM   #2  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 170/161/135

Height: 5' 4"

I actually find it easier to be healthy with family. My mother is on the same plan as I am, so I have access to good food and moral support when I'm home. I live at school, where my roommates bake often and I have to cook myself (I'm lazy), so I tend to gain a little weight.

I'm sorry about your breakup Just remember to take care of yourself.
tinycrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

I do horrible at home. My mom always has sweats lying around, and they eat a lot of high calories high carb foods. agh! I hate eating at home!
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:27 AM   #4  

Im just glad to be back at college. I think a big part of over eating at home is boredom. All my school friends live really far away so its hard to meet up, and theres very little to do except hang around the house. Im never bored here, theres always someone to hang out with or a party to go to.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #5  
Slowly getting there

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

I miss living on my own for college, but I'm having to live with family again for now. It's hard because there is always some kind of candy somewhere. At least when I'm on my own I would eat the sweets but not buy more.
Talina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:30 PM   #6  
Being A Better Me!

S/C/G: 211/191/150lbs

Height: 5'5"

My mom is overweight herself, and there is always junk. I've been at my mom's house for two days now and I've eaten good so far. I've eaten about every three hours and have had small enough portions. I haven't kept up with calories or anything, but I haven't eaten any junk. I walked over a mile yesterday, and today I ran to the bus stop and walked up-hill. But it's only afternoon so I still have long enough today to do something else. Two days of eating good! Yay. I ate good two day's before that except the first day I ate good, but had 3/4 a cup of ice cream and two chocolates. Then the day after I only had a chocolate. But the last two days have been perfect. I even stopped myself from munching on potato chips. I didn't realize I was going to eat them at first, but it came to my attention before I ate them. ^_^

Good luck!

PS. I go to college, and it is difficult to find things that would be suitible to take to class, or what needs to be refrigerated and stuff.
migotokokoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:21 AM   #7  

Do you guys live far from campus? I live very close, so i can go home to eat which is great diet-wise. The food available in the resteraunt is horrible, really greasy and tasteless. Its practicly inedible, diet or not, i dont know what ill do next semester when im living further away.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 155/151/120

Height: 5'5

I find myself in the opposite situation. I eat more at college than home because my dining hall is buffet style and my roommate and I have a horrible habit of ordering food. At home, I definitely eat much healthier.
lovestruck is offline   Reply With Quote