Old 01-09-2009, 01:08 PM   #1  
Size 10

S/C/G: 171\157\132

Height: 5'1"

Default OP Weekend

Hey everyone! TGIF!! Well tonight will begin my first OP weekend. I'm a little nervous. In the past I have always thought of the weekends as a time to relax and have fun, which they are, but for me that usually also meant a time to fall off the wagon or cheat. I don't want to do that this time mostly because I've worked so hard all week long and my weigh in isn't until Tuesday AM so I really do not want to undo everything I have done before I even got a chance to celebrate it. But on the other hand I don't want to feel like I'm not allowed to have fun on the weekends either. What I need is a plan!

How do your weekend meal plans differ from your work week meal plans? Do they differ at all?

How do you keep your routine when you are home all day long? Are there any OP "treats" that make you feel like your being naughty when your not?

I learned on weight watchers that planning was the key. But also on weight watchers I had flex points that allowed me to be bad on the weekends. Just wondering your advice and what you do. I'd also love to see some sample plans!

Have a great weekend everyone!
tigarlily1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

My number one weekend tip is to keep a glass of water next to your fridge, or wherever else you keep snack food. Then when you head for those things, you have to drink the entire glass AND refill it before you can get anything to eat. By the time I've done that, I've usually distracted myself enough to be able not to snack.

On the weekends I have less control over what I eat as I live at home with 8younger siblings so it would be wild if I ate something different than the rest of the family. So again, I always drink a large glass of water before I eat, and I try to run to the computer and put whatever we are having into My Daily Plate before I eat it. That usually keeps me from overeating as well. We usually have a menu for at home, and sometimes on Friday I'll figure out exactly what I'll be having all through the weekend, and plan out my snacks/treats.

I don't eat extremely healthy, but here are some of my favorite snacks.
1 graham cracker with 1 tbsp peanut butter - 190 calories
small pkg of Cheez-It - 180 calories
toast with 1/4c. shredded cheese melted on top - 130 calories
Fiber One Caramel & Oats bar - 140 calories
and for when you really need a treat
1/3 c. Dutch chocolate icecream - 110 calories
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote