Old 01-12-2009, 12:01 AM   #1  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Low-cal or at least healthy recipe involving browned bananas?

So I have like 3 browned bananas, maybe 4 (?) and I freakin love banana bread. Unfortunately, the recipe I love for it is probably one of the most fattening and high calorie desserts I love! I was planning on making it to give to neighbors but I just know once I smell it I will eat all of it.

So I want to bake something, maybe something tonight that we can eat at breakfast tomorrow, like a healthy muffin or scone ?? I have no idea, but I'd love some tried and true suggestions. I have tons of rolled oats, so I was thinking maybe something with oats too.

Any suggestions welcome!
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:06 AM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

Here is a really yummy low fat banana bread recipe.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...ANA-BREAD-4331

I always skip all the oil, use fat free milk instead of buttermilk and use like 4-5 bananas. You can use whole wheat flour too if you want. I also like to add stuff too it like crasins, orange zest, nuts, oats, be creative!

Last edited by Bikini Ready; 01-12-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:07 AM   #3  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

banana pudding? might be worth a shot.
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/184/145

Height: 5'5"

I found another Low-Calorie Banana Bread recipe for you...

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 60 minutes

Ingredients:

1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp butter, softened
1 large egg, beaten
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup ripe bananas, mashed (3 small)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 350°.

2. In a large mixing bowl, combine softened butter and sugar, and beat with a mixer at medium speed, about 3 minutes or until well combined. Add the egg and applesauce, and beat another 2 minutes. Fold in the bananas.

3. Lightly spoon the all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine the two flours, baking soda, and salt in a separate large bowl.

4. Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing after each addition until moistened.

5. Coat one loaf pan with cooking spray. Pour the batter into the loaf pan.

6. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a wooden pick inserted in center of the bread comes out clean.

7. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove the bread and cool completely on a wire rack.

Yield: 1 loaf, 10 servings

Per Serving Calories 100, Calories from Fat 23, Total Fat 2.5g (sat 1.4g), Cholesterol 14mg, Sodium 108mg, Pro 2g, CHO 17g, Fiber 1g
Chance0421 is offline   Reply With Quote