Old 01-05-2009, 12:55 PM   #1  

Default Newbie looking for motivation and support!

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum. Like so many I'm using the new year as an opportunity to shed some unwanted pounds. I'm 25 years old (will be 26 in a couple of weeks!) and live in Atlanta. I'm 5'3 and weigh-in at 130 right now. My goal is 115, so about 15 lbs to lose...although, for me, it's less about the scale and more about my clothes. I just want my jeans to fit comfortably again!

I'm not trying any specific plan or diet, just trying to cut back on eating out in favor of making healthy meals at home (I've been making good use of my Crock Pot for yummy, low-cal soups!), exercising more (for a while I would take my dog for a 30 min walk and say "There's my exercise for the day!" Obviously, I was just being lazy...I'm trying The Firm: Cardio Blast workout video and MTV Yoga video on alternating days), and not snacking so much. Just the tried and true "Fewer calories in, more calories out" method!

I'm here just looking for support and motivation! I have a bad habit of being gung-ho for a week or two, then falling off the wagon. In reading through some of these posts, I think that you ladies will help me stick to my goals! Any support is appreciated....and I live in Atlanta, so if anyone is nearby and wants an online "buddy" let me know!
ntbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:20 PM   #2  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

You may also want to check out the Featherweights board since you don't have much to lose.
Thin4Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to the board. You are starting your plan a lot like I started mine...recognizing that I needed to ramp up my exercise and eat healthier...with snacks that gave my body nutrition and protein to increase my lean muscle mass, and not just excess calories. Like was suggested above, Featherweights might be a comfortable fit for you, or the 20-Something forum...even Calorie Counters -- as a lot of us try to eat a healthier, "whole foods" philosophy over there. Anyway, good luck and congrats for getting started!
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the site!!
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote