Old 12-09-2008, 09:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/167/140

Height: 5'5

Default Motivation Needed

I've been working out since the beginning of the semester, in preparation for my test to get certified for group fitness and personal training. Halfway through the semester I realized I was becoming too obsessed with my workouts, so I backed off.

I was informed yesterday that the class for the certification test was canceled. They told me I could take the course next Spring instead, though. I am planning on moving early next summer and was hoping to have gotten the process out of the way already to move out of food service. Needless to say, this is a frustrating dilemma.

Point of the matter is that I've pretty much lost the will to workout now. I've lost focus. I want to stay in shape. I NEED to get myself on the move.

HELP!
Totally_Xonkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:31 AM   #2  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

I hear ya girl...I need motivation too!
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:53 AM   #3  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Think of it this way. If you slack off now, you're setting it up to be harder for yourself later when you go back to finish the class. But if you keep going now, you'll be able to breeze right through everything in the spring!
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Look at it this way (not to be harsh, just trying to motivate): If you want to be a trainer, you're going to have to be fit all the time, forever. Why does this time not count? If it's this hard now, how hard will it be forever? Does a career in fitness suit you or not?

Last edited by JulieJ08; 12-10-2008 at 10:24 AM.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:00 PM   #5  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
Look at it this way (not to be harsh, just trying to motivate): If you want to be a trainer, you're going to have to be fit all the time, forever. Why does this time not count? If it's this hard now, how hard will it be forever? Does a career in fitness suit you or not?
That's not harsh at all. :0)

Normally, I am internally motivated, but right now I just needed a good kick in the butt.

I like being in shape, it makes me happy. I feel better all-around because of it. I am not giving up by any means, but I can't let myself slack off now. It's far too easy to let things fall to the wayside when they don't go as planned.

Thanks for the motivation, ladies.
*hugs*
This really does help.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:56 PM   #6  

Ahem...I have walked.

*proud of self*

Lifted weights the day before that. Tonight I'll be doing more with weights, but have the goal of either walking or running before I go to a movie at 7 tonight. Dumdeedum...
SCORE!
Old 12-11-2008, 06:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

My suggestion is to start up again slow
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote