Old 12-21-2008, 06:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/ticker/135

Height: 5'8"

Default Adjusting goal weight....?

Have any of you need to adjust your goal weight as you lose? I ask because, I've lost less than 10 pounds, but I'm on day 25 of the 30 DS and I've seen such a huge difference, that I think I only want to lose 12 more rather than 17. I definitely still have work to do (my poor tummy) but I just think I may not need to lose quite as much as I thought. Anyone have similar situations?
hotmamacitax2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 06:33 PM   #2  
starting over again

I'm not anywhere near my goal yet, but my goal number was just the weight I was at before I starting gaining and where I felt ok. If I can lose more, great, but I guess I won't know until I get closer. I'll just be happy to be under 160 lbs so I have a normal BMI.
Marms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 06:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

This is your weight loss journey...the goal weight is just a tool. As you build lean muscle mass, you may find that you want to adjust your goal up. You are the one looking at yourself, and you will kind of know, I think, when you are there. In some ways, I think of my goal weight as a "safety net" on the bottom end...I tend to fall into the "just a few more pounds and my tummy will be perfect" kind of thinking if I'm not careful...so I have given myself a five pound spread, both up and down, from my goal weight, and that is where I draw the line. I am actually at the bottom end right now so I have been upping my calories today and for the next few days to try and keep inside my "red zone". A lot of people who post in the maintenance section have commented on the fact that it is harder to stay "at maintenance" then it seems -- continuing to lose, not on purpose, is pretty common for a while. None of us know "to the calorie" what we have to eat, and how much exercise we need, to keep our weight steady and our lean muscle mass up, and it takes a few weeks to try and find your balance.

Re-set your goal where you want. It is not cheating. It is figuring out what looks good for your body composition and your frame...you don't know that when you start...only when you get closer to goal.

Last edited by Schumeany; 12-21-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 07:31 PM   #4  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

My ultimate goal and the goal I have set on here are completely different. I would love to be around 145-155 but I was really happy and comfortable around 170 before I got pregnant. So we will have to see how I look and feel once I hit that first goal and go from there. Doesn't hurt to keep toning as long as you feel good.
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 07:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

My goal weight has changed upward over time. Initially I wanted to get down to 60kgs (132 pounds) but after reaching 64kgs I realised my body actually looked really good - toned, muscular, defintion in the stomach where I wanted it and I was fitting into size 8 (on top) 10 (on bottom..pear curse) - oh thats 4 and 6 in US sizings.

I gained a couple kilos after moving in with the BF so I'm back on the wagon at the moment but my goal is still 63-64kgs 138 -140 pounds or about 18% body fat.

I have been as low as 110 pounds...and it was sickening and I maintained around 125 -130 for about 1.5 years but ultimately I LIKE having more muscle and thats where the extra 10 or so pounds has come from.

My clothes from the 125 - 130 pound days still fit

Last edited by Lyria; 12-21-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

That's funny you posted this today since I just changed my ticker today. I want to lose less, I think! You will know as it gets closer!
JessieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:33 PM   #7  
To fly like Nadia again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/115

Height: 5' 0.5"

I agree. I'm not sure about my goal weight either because even though I'm short, I have a very muscular frame from gymnastics so as I get closer I'm planning on adjusting once I see what looks and feels good. I used to feel like it was set in stone but now I've learned to be flexible with it just like I am with all the other things in my life. I think it has to do with ditching the all or nothing mentality. You don't have to stick with the initial goal weight if you feel comfortable elsewhere.
gymlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Default Yep!

My goal weight was 112, which was what I weighed at 18 when I joined the army. Somewhere in that six years since then I have miraculously gone from being flat-chested and narrow-hipped, to a D-cup and booty. I'm wearing the same size at 140lbs as I was back then (albeit the fit is quite noticeably different, and possibly vanity sizing but I have a few relic pairs of jeans from high school that fit fine) but my body has completely changed shape. Late puberty or something.

Last edited by NishKitten; 12-21-2008 at 09:44 PM.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 10:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I'm actually thinking about adjusting it.. but im going to wait till i see my body and say "YES THIS IS THE BODY I WANT" Then ill adjust it lol
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/ticker/135

Thank you!!

Yes, I'm muscular too. My legs have muscle no matter what (I think b/c I wear heels all the time) and my arms have muscle tone from carting my kids around!! Now that Jillian has been kicking my butt, I can almost do a full fledged push up and I have more muscle tone everywhere. My biggest goal is to lose my belly fat b/c my waist to hip ratio is a hair above the healthy range. I'd really like to get down to a 28-29 inch waist (I have small-ish hips). My Mom keeps saying "You're already skinny, don't lose anymore!" But truly, the WTH ratio is for my health!!! I want to live a long life and be around to chase my great grandkids around!!!

Totally went on a tangent there, but my point is, I'm going to focus on my health rather than a number on the scale.
hotmamacitax2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:59 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

The 30 DS is awesome for toning up . I LOVE IT and i recommend it to everyone who asks me about my weight loss . i plan on gifting it this year. lol
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote