The Aqua Team

1. njoytheride
2. dandk0204
3. misstraveller
4. iriswhispers
5. Dazzling
6. futuresurferchick

Hey Aqua Team!

So here's the deal... every Monday morning weigh yourself, and post your weight here (I've changed it to every Monday instead of every Sunday, it makes more sense, but it MUST be posted by Monday at noon to stay in the game).

Also post your final goal weight, and do the quick math to figure out how many pounds you are from that weight (Current weight [minus] goal weight).

Your team will have to elect a captain (soon!), and that person will add up the numbers:

1. Add together your team's total weight.
2. Add together the total number of pounds that need to be lost to get to everyone's goals.
3. Make an Aqua Team's total weight, and number of pounds to be lost this week... then next week, add in the total number of pounds lost that week.

Use this thread to get to know your teammates. Get everyone to dish about their eating habits, their workout routines, strengths, weaknesses, what you can bring to the table, and what you need help with. Give each other suggestions, encouragement, new ideas and strategize. Let's see it ladies. Which team can be the Biggest Loser?

Important Note: When you're checking the thread in the future, be sure to check this first post before anything else. It's where updates will be posted about the game!

Last edited by Jelbb; 11-16-2008 at 05:12 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:39 PM   #2  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies! Who else is excited? I'm ready for a little challenge!!

Ok, so I guess i'll start this get to know you thing... my name is Becca and I'm 27 years old. I live in Italy which presents the opportunity for an abundance of fantastic food! My vice is salty food, i can pass up the sweets most of the month. I was doign great here on 3FC for a while but am now backsliding in the exercise department. I have GOT to get back on my schedule, so that is my challenge for this challenge.

I enjoy hanging out with friends and LOVE living overseas because i get to travel. I run a childcare center with 12 employees and 90 little ones, and although the pay isn't ever enough, I get payment enough in crayon drawings and sticky hugs. I enjoy it but am looking for employment back in the states to be closer to my family and boyfriend.

I have a fantastic boyfriend named Gil who I've been with since December. I am in love...the good healthy kind...but he lives in the states, so I only get to see him every 3 months. I feel better about myself and us when I am eating and exercising, it helps my self confidence and makes me a better girlfriend. Plus i wanna look hot naked that's motivation enough!

My starting weight is 195, and my goal for the challenge is 185. Well, I look forward to working with all of you and WINNING THIS CHALLENGE!!

JUST KEEP SWIMMING!! (I think that could be a good motto for team AQUA, what do you all think?)

Last edited by misstraveller; 11-16-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi Becca! (and all the other aqua chicks I have yet to meet!) I like "just keep swimming" for the motto. =)

I'm Iris, I'm 23 and a grad student. I've recently moved to the US southwest (to start grad school) and have been having trouble making friends here... so my weight is creeping back up, because food sometimes makes a very good friend! I'm ready to get re-energized to eat better and exercise again so I don't gain back all the weight I lost a few years ago!

My current weight is 143... that's from my Thursday weigh-in I've been doing. Goal for the holiday season is 134 (or thereabouts, but for the challenge I had to choose a number!) but ulitmately I hope to be back in the 120's

I just ate some "un-friendly food" (i somehow justified since the challenge starts tomorrow) so I'm going to head out for a nice Sunday evening walk and I'll check in with everyone later!

Go Aqua!!! =)
Old 11-16-2008, 06:18 PM   #4  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Hi Aquateam! Good to be here. I love aqua, I love swimming, I'm an Aquarius, so I feel good vibes already from the name.

I'm 24, I live in Canada, and I'm a full time grad student and a part-time teaching assistant. As I said in another threat, I lost over 100 lbs a few years ago and now I'm stuck in the 190s, not where I want to be at all. Trying to get my head and body back in the game after a long break from the dieting habits.

My challenges include:
-Living with 2 thin, beautiful roommates who know how to control themselves around junk food, so they buy it.... and then it's in my kitchen, all the time. Plus, they like to offer me food.. I won't say they're food pushers but I need to learn to say 'no' more often.
-My schedule is different every day, sometimes I'm very stressed out from school work (like right now! worst time of year to be starting this but here goes! lol) and I just want to eat junk food because it's easy, fast, and keeps me awake to study.
-I've been smoking for the past 3 months, and this habit has got to go too. It also discourages me from working out because I get out of breath.
-Also related to school stress and, I guess, just being a twenty-something.... I like to drink once in a while, and even worse than the calories from alcohol is all the food I eat when I'm drinking!
-From losing weight before, I have a lot of loose skin and it discourages me.

Geez, when I write it all out like that I feel like I'm a basket case.

I just weighed myself and my starting weight is 195 and I will also put my goal for the challenge as 185. Gotta aim high!

Iriswhispers--that's cool that you're a grad student too

misstraveller--love the motto!
Old 11-16-2008, 06:51 PM   #5  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Note to all: Hey everyone! When posting your current weight and goal weight, do not post the goal that you have for the end of the 4 weeks and this challenge. Post your FINAL GOAL WEIGHT. I definitely didn't make that clear, because EVERYONE's confused!
Cheers!
Old 11-16-2008, 07:50 PM   #6  

ok, in that case I am going to use 125 for my final goal weight.

futuresurferchick, i hear you on the skinny and in control roommate situation! My roommate is great but tiny and in very good shape and often offering me things I accept far too often! Time to start saying NO! =)
Old 11-16-2008, 08:28 PM   #7  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

Hey Ya'll! My name is Ashley and I'm 23 yrs old. I am a stay at home mom of 2 kids (ages 5 1/2 and 4 1/2) and happily married for the last 5 years. We live in southern Louisiana and well the food down here isn't exactly the healthiest

I started my journey at 318 pounds in January of this year. In 5 1/2 months I lost 100 pounds, yep it may seem like a lot and I agree it was. I didn't do no dramatic diet, I simply ate right and exercised. After I hit 100 pounds lost my mind went into the well you got this in a bag girl you can eat whatever and still lose weight. Was I wrong or what lol, so after 5 months of yo-yo dieting I am back down to 216 pounds. Yay me

I'll let ya'll know my true starting weigh tomorrow morning but my final goal weight is 150. Seems so far away but I can do it. WE CAN DO IT!
Old 11-16-2008, 08:29 PM   #8  
I m worth it

S/C/G: 176/174/143

Height: 5'2''

Helloo everyone, I am so excited to be part of this group, I have a feeling that we would get along very well to lose those pounds and win if we really help each other out.

A bit about me: I am 27 and just moved back home after spending 10 years in the States (did my bachelors and masters), I am originally from Morocco, a country known with its rich culinary food as well as beautiful scenery and people. I am a software engineer and my work take up lots of my energy, but that doesn't stop me from being active and working out every day.

My aim is to get rid of the eating habits and food portions I got used to during my stay in the US, as a college student, I used to eat out everyday and never watched what went into my month, and as a result the pounds kept creeping up. Now I m so able to control my portions, eat lots of veggies and fruits and stay away from starchy foods. And let me tell you, mediterranean food is sooo yummy and healthy if you stay away from bread and rich dishes I grew up loving

My starting weight is 174 and my goal weight is 143. That brings it to 31 pounds that I have to lose. I can't wait to reach that goal, and I m sure that I will it just takes up lots of determination and sacrifice (food of course).

As a workout, I do the 30 day shred, and walk almost every day for an hour, so I see changes in my body (toned and losing inches) but not losing pounds, I hope that I would be seeing some changes in the scale soon !

I can't wait to start, remember that we are all here to lose weight, be it half a pound a week or 2 pounds a week, we are in it together, so let's be a great team one can wish for, WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER.

Let's hear from the other team members who haven't had the chance yet to join us.

PS: When are we going to choose a team captain ?
Old 11-16-2008, 08:44 PM   #9  

Hi, Ashley and Dazzling!

Dazzling, I would LOVE to go to Morocco some day, I have definitely heard that it is very beautiful there!

I guess we have to choose a team captain by tomorrow... anyone really want to do it?
Old 11-16-2008, 08:50 PM   #10  
back in the game

Ah ok I misunderstood the goal instructions... ok my final weight goal I will put at 170
Old 11-16-2008, 08:53 PM   #11  
back in the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriswhispers View Post
Hi, Ashley and Dazzling!
I guess we have to choose a team captain by tomorrow... anyone really want to do it?
Not to be the first one to refuse, but... I can't really do it, I'm in finals time at school! Is there anyone who'd like the job?

Last edited by futuresurferchick; 11-16-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:54 PM   #12  
I m worth it

S/C/G: 176/174/143

Height: 5'2''

iriswhispers: Morocco is definetly a must see country, you will be amazed by its rich culture and places. Just make the time, and you are more welcome anytime you wish, I ll be your guide and of course you weight loss buddy

PS: I may be the captain if nobody else is interested, but then again, we all have to pick one member to be a captain.

Alright girls, I m off to bed, it's soo late here, about 2am and I have an early meeting at work tomorrow !

Talk to you girls tomorrow, g'night
Old 11-16-2008, 09:28 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 190 / 160 / 115

Height: 5'2

Hi aqua team! My name is Aiko and I'm 26 years old. I'm a full time grad student living in Southern California. I was born and raised in Hawaii and moved here 8 years ago for college. Basically this whole weight loss journey got serious for me when I took a trip this summer back home. I hiked up Diamond Head with my cousins and was the very last to make it to the top because I was so out of shape. I was dizzy and out of breath the entire time. What made matters worse was that my Mom had doubts that I could climb to the top, but I did. I promised myself that the next time I climb that thing, it would be effortless for me. I tried fad diets in the past, but never really stuck to anything for more than 2 weeks.

I live with my boyfriend which is a HUGE challenge for me. He's naturally thin and can eat whatever he wants and never gain a pound. My Mom is also a challenge. She is overweight as well and is constantly trying to sabotage me. She constantly makes me feel bad about myself and stresses me out.

So far I've only lost about 10 lbs since starting in September bringing me to 164. I'd like my final goal weight to be 120.

GOOO AQUA TEAM!
Old 11-16-2008, 09:36 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 190 / 160 / 115

Height: 5'2

Dazzling - I wouldn't mind if you were captain

Oh and question for everyone - What are you doing in terms of exercise and diet?

I'm doing the 30 Day Shred 6x a week and running for 30 minutes 4x a week. Dietwise, I'm trying to stay away from processed foods, artificial sweeteners, and anything with HFCS. Not really calorie counting. So far it's working as I am steadily losing 1lb / week.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:01 PM   #15  

welcome, Aiko! recently I have NOT been doing much to help my weight loss efforts... but hopefully this will kickstart me back into my old, healthier patterns! I am trying to get back in to running, so I go walking/jogging a few days a week but am trying to commit to 5 days a week and add some strength training back in.

Also I used to eat a lot of whole foods - fruits and veggies and healthy stuff that took a little longer to prepare... now that I'm back in school I've been relying on more processed stuff which does not taste as good and is not nearly as good for me, but is much quicker!

Dazzling, that would be great if you want to be captain. Life futuresurferchick, I'm not sure I could handle with school and everything.
Closed Thread